Author Topic: Update 2016-07-29  (Read 15522 times)

II-WalkerGer-II

That new track you build there is awesome! i love the verticality and the tight corner up- and downhill!
Think like a Proton!

My Rig:
Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980
AMD FX 6300 @ 4.2Ghz (custom cooler)
16GB RAM - Windows 10

BlacX

BrianUK, the bumper camera was moved upwards to make it more useful, previously the visibility ahead was so lousy that it was not really useful. You can quickly make yourself a little mod that lowers the camera (doesn't trigger the warning).

Sorry Janne, not the answer I was looking for. Again you (and/or your team) has deemed it neccessary to change something that not a single person has complained about in the 2 and a half years I have been on this forum. Nor have I ever seen it brought up on the Steam forums. Not even in game have I seen it. Can I speak to whoever is in charge of these seemingly arbitrary changes so I can give them a piece of my mind?

These (the initial awful lift/downforce, health system, cam change) are just randomly bizarre changes for no other reason than to appease some people who don't really exist, or just, you know, because. Bumper cam is bumper cam because it sits on the bumper, near the floor, just like in every other racing game I have played. If you want visibility, you pick 3rd person, interior or bonnet. Why make every cam do the exact same thing while leaving no replacement for those who used the *useful* bumper cam. I didn't play 500 hours in bumper cam because I liked using useless things.

There is no sensation of speed with every other cam, and every movement feels lazy because of that. I used to play bonnet cam, then it got changed to what it is now, so I moved to bumper. Now you suggest I have to make the cam myself because you just decided years down the line that it wasn't useful without even polling the players? What kind of operation is being run here, exactly?

Right now, I'm wishing the refund period was 30 months because I've never felt so much like I needed to refund a game because of the total lack of direction of development that results in bizarre changes and decisions. Before anyone thinks I'm merely this incensed about a cam change, I'm not - it's the sum of every stupid change that has been made over the last 18 months for no reason.

Orbotnive - If you wish to censor me, alert me to the censor in a PM, not in the classless way that amounts to a public shaming. Shame they gave out moderator powers like candy.

Cant agree more. The direction they are taking with these changes are really not worth.  I am mostly disappointed and mad with those health bars - I liked the old system, I found it more enjoyable then this one. I wish they could give us the option to choose but as it seems it will NEVER happen....

Now I am starting to want to refund the game but I cant because I purchased this game 2 years ago....

TheyLiveWeSleep

So no more slow ass shifting of gears in manual? Nice!

happyrichie

the behind car view needs 2 be raised, little 8 finish line is broken now, nice track not really had chance 2 drive yet so cant say much else, cars feel ok, damage is a bit high again, was racing little 8 15 laps 18 players, only a couple of dnf's (not enough)

Orbotnive T

Orbotnive - If you wish to censor me, alert me to the censor in a PM, not in the classless way that amounts to a public shaming. Shame they gave out moderator powers like candy.

I apologise if you took it that way. I was not rude about it though, and public shaming was not something that crossed my mind.

Mazay

The new race line tools definitely seems helpful. I had stuggle to understand AI before.

Changes to default sky made the example race track and my water reservoir map uglier =/
Is this for performance improvement? I think the default sky should be as pretty as possible to make modding easy.

Purple44

Remember that the AI will always use the same class as you, so you can't force them to drive with for example a Class D car if you're using a Class A car. Of course, if you want to make them wimpier you can hack their tires for crazy rolling resistance or something like that.

But will this be change in a future Build Janne? So offline and online players can force AI to drive faster cars ( higher class ) to make the racing closer for those players that are pretty fast on the track.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Daystar

The new race line tools definitely seems helpful. I had stuggle to understand AI before.

Changes to default sky made the example race track and my water reservoir map uglier =/
Is this for performance improvement? I think the default sky should be as pretty as possible to make modding easy.

Hi Mazay! try these values via your Bagedit app... this really makes a huge difference in sky clarity!

timmy76

Track editing tools are so helpful with the track im working on :D
Just need one for adjust the car damage at some point at a later date :)
PC specs
None of your business.

C2S

Another great track (like the last one added). Still not as sloped and twisty as the forest routes in Flatout 1, but I guess the tracks in Wreckfest are intended to be more spacious and realistic.

Cars feel now slightly better to drive as well (less apparent plowing while cornering).

You can quickly make yourself a little mod that lowers the camera (doesn't trigger the warning).

Does this mean that mods containing only camera position tweaks are fine for multiplayer and leaderboards? Or something else?

sam223

How to disable the new camera zoom effect? (Change of POV?) when accelerating
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Hoppen

Loving the new track, loving the handling (seriously, please do not change a thing!)

Also I tried out the bumper cam, and I really like the placement now, it's actually usable, i'll probably be running hotlaps with it from now on, before it was way too low for my tastes.

All in all, great work with the update!

Edit: Speaking of cameras, the camera I was used to, the far chase camera, is now too floaty for my tastes, searching for the info on how to mod the camera to how it used to be :)

Edit2: Found the file, data/property/settings/carcameras.ccms , very easy to change all matter of settings in there.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 01:00:52 AM by Hoppen »
Xeon e3-1231v3, 16GB, GTX 970, Win10 64bit, Xbox 360 Pad

Devin

For whoever wants the old cams back, I made a quick workshop mod that brings back the exact positions from before the update. I forgot to backup one file, so the chase cams are still sort of weird, but the others should be exactly the same. Will push an update to fix soon.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=734055655

hande11

Another great track (like the last one added). Still not as sloped and twisty as the forest routes in Flatout 1, but I guess the tracks in Wreckfest are intended to be more spacious and realistic.
Cars feel now slightly better to drive as well (less apparent plowing while cornering).

Agree, elevetion changes are very welcomed! New Mixed 3 is very interesting new track :) My initial thought is the same: many of the full length tracks are very spacious and sometimes they can feel a bit too airy ("bored", if using strong word) to some of the drivers (me included). On the other hand, some drivers like racing in wide and real-life race tracks too.

Hopefully there could be potentially easy method to make alternative variants of the official tracks, to mod official track a bit narrower variant of it: adding some strategically placed tyre walls to make wide track narrower, choke points, more tight-packed turns and sense of speed against more close surroundings and props. Why not to move some tree to more dangerous places to make track having more "thrilling" variant of it.  Then you would have official track and cool variants of it.
Continuing to test new update, so far looks good :)
i5 2500K, 8GB RAMDDR3 1600, Win7 64-bit
GTX 560 DCII TOP, 1GB GDDR5, Controller: keyboard (current generic powersliding biased test setup)
Elwood: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration.. don't fail me now!"

Purple44

You can quickly make yourself a little mod that lowers the camera (doesn't trigger the warning).

Does this mean that mods containing only camera position tweaks are fine for multiplayer and leaderboards? Or something else?

I been using my custom cameras online with stock game. Even have a custom cam for the 57 Chevy. :)

Here a thread I did about adding custom cams:

Making custom cam files for each car.

I do wish Bugbear would let me raise my sky cam higher than 10 points so I can see something like this:

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel