Author Topic: Update 2016-07-29  (Read 22510 times)

Mazay

Hopefully there could be potentially easy method to make alternative variants of the official tracks, to mod official track a bit narrower variant of it:
There is couple of ways to do to that. Bit tricky, but not that hard.
Fly the new free camera (F11) to point to find it's coordinates, then add object with those coordinates in Bagedit.
Or use the ai route visualizer to get routes in Blender / 3dsmax and draw on top of them.

Purple44

Hopefully there could be potentially easy method to make alternative variants of the official tracks, to mod official track a bit narrower variant of it:
There is couple of ways to do to that. Bit tricky, but not that hard.
Fly the new free camera (F11) to point to find it's coordinates, then add object with those coordinates in Bagedit.
Or use the ai route visualizer to get routes in Blender / 3dsmax and draw on top of them.

What, free camera will give me track map coordinates on a Wreckfest track?? I can make use of this. :)

Hmm, I just tried to give this a try in Wreckfest Mazay. But F11 not triggering anything when in my car or in Photomode. Is there a trick getting free camera to work in game?

Edit:

"Exposed developer track data and trackside camera visualization, racing line adjust tool, and free camera for modded tracks. Use the tilde key ~ (the key below ESC that resembles a squiggly worm) to access the developer menu and F11 to enable free camera."

I'm running Speedway 2 in a modded folder for the Cops and Robbers arena mod. That should count as a modded track, right Janne, Mazay?

Tried the ~ key and nothing happens either.

Or does this only work inside 3D Max and Blender? Looking at a custom track?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 12:57:40 PM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Mazay

What, free camera will give me track map coordinates on a Wreckfest track?? I can make use of this. :)

Hmm, I just tried to give this a try in Wreckfest Mazay. But F11 not triggering anything when in my car or in Photomode. Is there a trick getting free camera to work in game?

I tried it with 8-o-rama mod and it works there. All I did was to hit F11. The tilde key might be next to enter in american keyboard layout.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 02:07:36 PM by Mazay »

timmy76

Delete this  :D
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 07:10:58 PM by timmy76 »
W.I.P PC specs - Corsair 570X case, MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC Z370, i7 8700K, 16GB ram 3000GHZ, Graphics card-TBA, Win10.

Purple44

I quickly tried it with 8-o-rama mod from workshop and atleast with it works. All I did was to hit F11. The tilde key might be next to enter in american layout.

I tried your Water Reservoir Derby Workshop track and the F11 key works. I tried my WIP tarmac 3 folder for the reverse Gokart track and F11 don't work. I load my GoKart Raceway Workshop track and F11 works.

So what the key here? Does free camera only work with modded tracks that been publish at Steam Workshop? If so, that don't do me any good. I need to use free cam when I'm in the process of making the track.  :(

Will I have to upload my unfinished Cops and Robbers arena to Steam workshop, but keep mod unpublished to the public until it done? Or can I trick the free camera if I put a modinfo.modi file from another mod in my Cops and Robbers arena \mods folder? But would that screw up a mod that already publish?

Is it the modinfo.modi file that trigger the free camera to work? Janne, can you help us out?

Tried the ~ key and nothing happens either.
I had the same issue till I got so annoyed and pressed every key on my keyboard only to find its actually on the key inbetween Z and Shift

My ~ key is left of the #1 key on my KB. On the 2 tracks I loaded where the F11 key works, the ~ key still did not work.

I don't know why my post was deleted, but all I wanted to say was that I liked the new  map and I didn't have a problem with the new bumper cam position..... unless someone thinks that bumpers are offensive because they bump into stuff, or may cams because they're always looking at stuff...

PC correctness run amok.    Is amok offensive?

sam223

@Purple44 It doesnt mater where your ~ key is located on the keyboard, it depends how it is setup in windows and whether wreckfest recognizes only the keystroke or if it also depends on keyboard language aswell. A simple solution is try all none character keys until you find the one that works ;'#`\/
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

BrianUK

I don't know why my post was deleted, but all I wanted to say was that I liked the new  map and I didn't have a problem with the new bumper cam position..... unless someone thinks that bumpers are offensive because they bump into stuff, or may cams because they're always looking at stuff...

PC correctness run amok.    Is amok offensive?

I have a feeling it was because you posted in the previous update's thread rather than this one. I don't know how post moving works here, but someone telling you would've been nice >.>

I guess I did post in a prior update thread which I have no idea how that happened since I was reading the latest update when I hit the post button. Sorry to anyone who I may have offended by thinking my post was deleted because I may have said something offensive.

I find my own stupidity quite offensive..

Facial_Burns

I guess I did post in a prior update thread which I have no idea how that happened since I was reading the latest update when I hit the post button. Sorry to anyone who I may have offended by thinking my post was deleted because I may have said something offensive.

I find my own stupidity quite offensive..

You cannot move comments only full threads, yes you can delete them but yours wasent deleted you posted in the old thread, it had been moved to the top as someone commented their yesterday putting it above this one in the recents tab, I saw you had made the mistake and even commented to tell you that was the old thread leaving a link to this one, so for those assuming it was a moderator moving his comment it can't be done...... And that we should have told him,

he made a mistake and I linked him to this :) hasboros your comment is still in the old thread if u wanna copy and paste over here :) so you don't have to type it again
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 05:39:35 PM by Facial_Burns »
My steam group where u can always find some friends on NCG
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WRCserver
My NCG discord server
https://discord.gg/010U99akJwUY82yjk

Basic pc specs:
16gb ram
Amd athlon FX 8350 8 core
nividia gtx 970
gigabte motherboard
3tb hdd
windows 8.1 pro

FalconXY

Thank you for the update. I like the release so far.

Good:
-AI cars are more heavy now
-New track Mixed 3 (but track is a bit too wide again for my taste)

Problems that should be worked on:

-On the new Mixed 3 track - Most AI driving too wide corners especially after long straight with wood logs and wood pick machine
-AI spin out too much on their own on all race tracks

Error happend once:
After Gravel 1 race and click on Continue button: Game crash with Visual C++ Runtime Error
R6025 - pure virtual function call
on Win7 - Wreckfest 64bit

My wishes for next build:

- Wrecking points game mode (with slower race speed for single player)
- User entered number of laps and AI cars should be stored by track
- Derby contact timer should be set to 15 seconds
- Rift CV1 support or make mouse look option for onboard view

- Release the grey hilly track next to Mixed 2 but with black borders/sand walls. To make corners more visible.
- Race speed slider
- Preview of track layout, when click on track info button

Can you focus on more GAME MODES on the next update please ?

Janne, can you tell me please is there a "points for turning other cars" planned and when to expect that mode ?

I mean the Wrecking Racing mode from the old Destruction Derby 1.  :D

I would like to have a race speed slider in single player races where you can reduce the car speeds. I think the speed after the race is over (about 60 km/h) is good for Wrecking Racing where the ONLY goal is to make points by turning opponent cars.

Thank you very much.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 01:58:45 AM by FalconXY »
Intel i7-3770, 8GB RAM, ATI R9 390X 8GB, Win10 64bit, G27 wheel

Purple44

Did some testing of the new Build and can say the cars are landing the jumps more normal now.  :)  But I did see on my suicide track, at high speeds going off the ramp the cars still landing on their trunks, but jumping the hills the AI cars are looking normal.

If would seem the aero effect still kicks in at high speed. But I can live with the way aero effect is set now. If give your car some brake before the ramp on Suicide track, you can still get a good landing. AI not that smart, but it good for a laugh see the AI car go for a tumble.

With the new tweaked damage file, my car last 2 laps before wrecking after the landing off the ramp at start line, instead of 1 1\2 laps. Look like I will have include a tweaked damage file with the suicide track, to survive 3 laps.

In testing the Muscle 4 car, it seem Mus 4 is a little heavy again, car not wanting go up on 2 wheels again on Sandpit 1. :(

Before this July Build, I could do this:

I'm very happy to see the forest track that we first got a peak at back in early 2015, when Bugbear was working on Build #7, has gotten release!  :D

Was flying around the track and I spotted a couple of these:

I'm curious why we not see one these barn bridges on the track? Would make for a nice choke point for when there 2 cars side by side. Do you play nice and go into the barn side by side? Or you play dirty and bump the other player into barn wall??  :P

I also see the possibility of making a custom track using the 2 barn bridges where they are on the track map or I guess I could move them if needed, since it will be a custom track.

WorldofBay

janne, was mixed3 inspired by flatout1 forest maps, mixture of pinewood meadows and finchley forest?
tarmac start, high elevation, pine forest setting, timber stocks, quite a lot similarities.

as i always said i'd really like to see flatout track style get to wreckfest. just replace those kerbs in the last two turns with the water trenches from flatout1 and that track is perfect!
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 660ti
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
Keyboard racer inside!

Quote from: Roy
i laugh everytime i see somebody pulling on WorldofBay to overtake clean.
biggest mistake ever.

Quote from: sam223
Poor planning is a big problem for a lot of EA titles
like fifa, simcity, battlefield, ...

TPEHAK

I love the car cameras. Awesome!
LAPTOP GIGABYTE P35X V3 || INTEL CORE i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHZ ||NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980M  8GB GDDR5|| 16GB RAM || 103GB SSD || 1TB HDD || WINDOWS 10 HOME

St. Jimmy

Seems like BB has habit to release the updates when I'm elsewhere :D
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR