Author Topic: Water Canal 1 remake  (Read 1391 times)

Huono

My favourite track from any racing game ever! :D Would love to see it remade in this new game and engine. Maybe not in a canal, something more folkrace style fitting but essentially the same track, just the look of it changed. What do you think?

Heddly

My understanding is that you can not use content from other games, such as cars, tracks, etc. without permission because of copyright infringement. A couple of cars were removed from the Steam Workshop because of this situation.

I assume that tracks on Steam Workshop have to meet the same standards. I have an FO2 track in Blender but do not have permission from Strategy First to use it. I had contact with Team6 who did the game for Strategy First, maybe they could help. I will give it a try.

Huono

So you can't even use the layout for the track and make new surroundings and textures and everything?

The Very End

Not entierly what you might be looking for, but a water canal at least. Original model as you see here from Stuart, will have to addapt it and do some changes to it to get it into WF. But it will be the next think I work on after some bugfixes.

Speedevil

So you can't even use the layout for the track and make new surroundings and textures and everything?

They can re-do it from scratch, but why remake the exact same track when you can create new ones?

Mazay

If track layout is clearly copied it can be copyright infrigment. Like copying any visual part of game. If someone can proof it's copy it can be copyright infrigment.

It's bit gray area as many games still do copying like that.