Author Topic: TCAT files saved to wrong directionary (and a couple of other things)  (Read 404 times)

The Very End

When saving files with tweaked AI lines and such, they are saved to data / property / track, and not it's respective folder. The game should save it within the mod, and if no such directionary is found - make on.

Also, when pressing x while in free veiw mode you catapult your car around. I guess that's object spawning mechanism right? How long til we can spawn actually objects with our new tool? ;)

Edit: Also can't edit alternative routes.

Edit2: Now I cannot save any routes at all. I press T as a madman, but the file is not stored anywhere.

Edit3: Allright, so you cannot save when you are in the editor veiw / have editiot veiw open. You MUST be at the page where you alter the racing line to be able to save. That's really not ideal, since you got to remember all the shortcut keys. Reminds me of DOS games back in old days ;p Ok BB - please make it so that pressing T anywere when you have the editor veiw open saves the file. I think a lot of people would do like me - editing stuff, open the menu agian to see what the shortcut key for save is and then press T beliving it would save it.. as it does not since you have to be in the actually editing veiw where you do not have the help menu.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 10:22:29 AM by The Very End »

The Very End

Alternative routes works so ignore that, but still game saves tcat files in bugbear's data / property / track folder and not the mod folder. Also, each time I try to see the cameras from this editor game crashes.

Purple44

When saving files with tweaked AI lines and such, they are saved to data / property / track, and not it's respective folder. The game should save it within the mod, and if no such directionary is found - make on.

Also, when pressing x while in free veiw mode you catapult your car around. I guess that's object spawning mechanism right? How long til we can spawn actually objects with our new tool? ;)

Edit: Also can't edit alternative routes.

Edit2: Now I cannot save any routes at all. I press T as a madman, but the file is not stored anywhere.

Edit3: Allright, so you cannot save when you are in the editor veiw / have editiot veiw open. You MUST be at the page where you alter the racing line to be able to save. That's really not ideal, since you got to remember all the shortcut keys. Reminds me of DOS games back in old days ;p Ok BB - please make it so that pressing T anywere when you have the editor veiw open saves the file. I think a lot of people would do like me - editing stuff, open the menu agian to see what the shortcut key for save is and then press T beliving it would save it.. as it does not since you have to be in the actually editing veiw where you do not have the help menu.

I cheat and took pic of the in-game menu and have pic showing in second monitor show I know what keys to use.

Alternative routes works so ignore that, but still game saves tcat files in bugbear's data / property / track folder and not the mod folder. Also, each time I try to see the cameras from this editor game crashes.

Ah, I thought when I was testing Adjust Race Line today and rename the tcat file in the mods\example\data\track\exampletrack folder and used T key to do a save and I saw no new tcat file, I assume game did not make a save. But I just check data\property\track and see a new tcat file from today.

It seem if Wreckfest find a tcat file in your mod folder, that file will get used for the save. If Wreckfest does not find a tcat file, game make a new one in the stock data\property\track folder.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel