Author Topic: Weirdly slow loadings when server changes track  (Read 1791 times)

Janne Suur-Näkki

While some gains can be had from further optimization I doubt we can significantly improve the loading times. In the case you have grass enabled and texture quality set to Ultra there's a lot of stuff to load especially in the case of newer tracks that have a lot of foliage variation and use multiple terrain blend maps. If you're running low on memory will cause a further slowdown to loading due to swapping (having your page files on SSDs will help somewhat in that case).

We'll check out whether it would be feasible to add a 60 second safe margin before timing out.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

Purple44

While some gains can be had from further optimization I doubt we can significantly improve the loading times. In the case you have grass enabled and texture quality set to Ultra there's a lot of stuff to load especially in the case of newer tracks that have a lot of foliage variation and use multiple terrain blend maps. If you're running low on memory will cause a further slowdown to loading due to swapping (having your page files on SSDs will help somewhat in that case).

We'll check out whether it would be feasible to add a 60 second safe margin before timing out.

Thanks for the reply Janne.   :)

I paid $240 for my 960 to have my eye candy, hate have to give it up online. I even drop grass setting to High before I tried loading Mixed 3 and the guys still got time out because track loaded to slow. I would hate to have to turn off grass, like a lot of players I am finding out, have!  :(

I don't do much offline except for some modding. Must my time is spent racing and derbying online with Wreckfest.  :D
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Orbotnive T

Since this topic and turning off grass I have had no problems at all with load time race missing :)

It is a pity though - on some tracks they do look a bit barren. I ought to test actually how it goes on the two lower settings. Once the grass was off and there wasn't any more problem I accepted that quickly.

Purple44

Seem this still an issue for me. Last night when I was hosting, I drop Zeb when I change track to Sandpit 3 and again when I change track to Mixed 3. These 2 tracks take a long time to load.

Since you a PM Janne.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Janne Suur-Näkki

Thanks Purple, checking it now.

That's a bummer to hear the issue still persists - but hopefully further optimization of those tracks (as well as others) will improve the situation.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

DD-Indeed

Hmm, I see this issue is with others as well. I recently reinstalled the game and noticed, that sometimes it takes ages to load something and sometimes tracks are not loading at all.