Author Topic: unfare treatment  (Read 2390 times)

tolliverj

why am i the only one who seems to be targeted by the moderators i see other people say damn thats a bad word and other crap words that are not changed or nothing but i get targeted WTF is that? as a  moderator you CAN'T CHOOSE FAVERATES!!

The Very End

I have recieved warnings for language aswell, your not the only one :)
Try using less cursing and I'm sure you'll be fine. Also, it might be the way the posts are written aswell. If you use an offensive / agressive writing style it might be looked as beeing too offensive. Try using a more mild way of communication at same time as using more "safe" words. Write in a way you would like people to talk to you :)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 08:38:05 AM by The Very End »

Orbotnive T

It is specifically swearing that is a problem, at least as far as I'm concerned with. I did not personally deal with your posts so I didn't see what you had posted. I do know though that you're not the only person by any means that have been addressed or edited by us, and I hope there is no favoritism about it - I don't really think so :)

Mopower

Yeah, Orbotnive, stop being so mean, gosh.
i like to honk to make my worse air
This is why we can't have nice things.

Devin

Yeah, Orbotnive, stop being so mean, gosh.
I'm sorry but I have to edit that, you can't swear on the forums like that! People might be offended by the word "gosh".

No, really, I don't edit because of language, I only hand out warnings if people are being personally attacked.  ;) But really, tolliverj, watching your language would help if you don't want to get any warnings.
We never treat anyone unfair. Even people I have personal problems with - well, they do nothing wrong, no reason to warn them about anything. I can't speak for all of the moderator team, but at least the ones I have direct contact to are like me when it comes to this.

If you feel like you're being treated unfairly, opening a thread about this isn't going to get you any further either. You can see which moderator edited your posts. If it's the same one on most posts, you should either contact another moderator or an admin about that. We can then check what happened.

You are also definitely not the only one targeted by moderators. Moderating just happens in the background, so you won't really notice when other users are being warned about anything. In fact, I know of several warnings and edits in the last couple of weeks that you weren't involved in at all, but everytime for the same reason you're getting warned for. You get "targeted" if you repeatedly do things you shouldn't do here and you receive warnings for a good reason. If you don't understand the reason, ask a moderator about it. We're all happy to explain. If you understand just that reason and you don't do again whatever caused the warning, you obviously won't receive another one.

I mean really, just your first post alone contains "crap" and "wtf" which I personally wouldn't mind, but other forum users would, and so would other moderators. I haven't seen many others of your posts, but I think I can imagine what's being edited from there.
That being said, I would at least love to see a reason for an edit or what exactly was edited when other moderators do it, just to make it clear to everyone that there's a good reason for that and not just random censorship. If we did that, we would have obviously not allowed a thread like this. But we're not like that and we just keep the forum family friendly  :)

If you have any further questions about this, feel free to send me a direct message. I will then do some further investigations. Don't worry about warnings. They just mean "hey, please don't do that again, it is not good" and they don't mean you're going to get banned from the forums. Well, unless you keep doing that obviously, rules are rules after all. But if you listen to the warnings, there's nothing you'd have to worry about!

Facial_Burns

On the post in question Tolliverj had already had a post edited (had nothing to do with me) which he then removed only to comment again, not remembering the exact wording as he has since deleted the comment entirely it was something along the lines of "not a ******* thing" which I edited to simple "not a thing" and asking him too please refrain from using bad language in the future as I had to deal with two posts of his that had been reported by forum members due to their course language in the past few weeks, I also added him too the moderator watch list due to language being used quite often and being reported,
My steam group where u can always find some friends on NCG
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WRCserver
My NCG discord server
https://discord.gg/010U99akJwUY82yjk

Basic pc specs:
16gb ram
Amd athlon FX 8350 8 core
nividia gtx 970
gigabte motherboard
3tb hdd
windows 8.1 pro

BrianUK

That's what happens when you hand power to unvetted people, they run wild with it. You were brought in to help deal with the random spambots that started coming through, not make the forum the kidsafe utopia you feel it needs to be.

DD-Indeed

That's what happens when you hand power to unvetted people, they run wild with it. You were brought in to help deal with the random spambots that started coming through, not make the forum the kidsafe utopia you feel it needs to be.

I guess I could shake hands with you, cause we agree on this. That's why I left, raised my hands and let the shit hit the fan. Doomed adventure, this is.

The Very End

Why you all go full drama all of a sudden? Do you have proof of bad behavior from the moderators? No offence, but all I see is angry people with loose claims. It reminds me of the kind of attitude we see in comment fields on news papers.

Devin

I guess I could shake hands with you, cause we agree on this. That's why I left, raised my hands and let the shit hit the fan. Doomed adventure, this is.
I'm sorry, you can't say the word "shit" here, I guess I have to censor your post now  :P

BrianUK

I'm sorry, you can't say the word "shit" here, I guess I have to censor your post now  :P

Nor can you, better self censor. What a good example you're setting.

DD-Indeed

Go ahead, if you think, that mod should get involved on every single, even tiniest things. Don't go mad with power thou.

Devin

Go ahead, if you think, that mod should get involved on every single, even tiniest things. Don't go mad with power thou.
You talk bad about mods? I guess I have to censor that too  ;)

I've been the only one who's never edited a single post, it ususally just doesn't make sense to edit posts. And this is not going to change unless someone does something really f-ed up.

If I ever edit posts, then just to fix broken links or something like that  :P

DD-Indeed

You talk bad about mods? I guess I have to censor that too  ;)

I've been the only one who's never edited a single post, it ususally just doesn't make sense to edit posts. And this is not going to change unless someone does something really f-ed up.

If I ever edit posts, then just to fix broken links or something like that  :P

Lesson: You don't need to always talk back or answer every single thing.

I'll leave this topic alone now, because I've said what I had to say. Keep it informative, not offensive.

Orbotnive T

I'm not looking to fall out with forum users. But - why don't you guys who are offended about being asked not to curse/edited ask bugbear what their stance is? You'll find this is more official than you think.