Author Topic: My plea again for a reset option with a 5 second delay for online races.  (Read 933 times)

Purple44

It time for me to bring up the need for a reset host option with a 5 second delay again. I've posted about this 10 times in the past and have talk with Janne about it.

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php?action=search2

After what happen on the new mixed 3 track last Saturday night, I posted in chat window I would post again about having a delay rest option.

First lap, first turn, I catch the kerb and roll the new Euro #3 II and sit on my roof for 4 laps:  :(

I few races later I catch another kerb with my Muscle 4 car and end up on the my roof for 4 laps:   :(

I'm not here to blame track design or car physics. That all good, that if you catch a kerb, you risk rolling your car, that all fine dandy.  :D We want challenging tracks that can take you out if you screw up. We had ditches on some the tracks in Flatout 2.  :)

Why most hosts have reset off in the first place? So players won't abuse resetting their car, like after getting hit and car goes rolling, some players will use reset option to get back on the track quickly if reset was enabled.

But having reset disable causes some players, in my opinion, to pay to high a price in a race if they are stuck on their roof. Unless it a rough and tumble oval and fig 8 race, then we don't need reset option.

There should be a price to pay if you screw up on a track, like I did twice, but should my race be over because of it?? Online racing suppose be fun! Being stuck on your roof for 4 laps is not.

A 5 second penalty after your car has stop moving, in a race, would seem to be a fair enough penalty in my book. I'm on the fence if a delayed reset is needed for derbys. If that option going be available, then in a derby, think we need a longer delay, like 10 seconds before player can use it.

I really, really,,,, really think this delay reset option for races is needed online ( we had it in Flatout 2 ). If online going have longevity, Bugbear need help keep online players from becoming frustrated with the game!  I was frustrated last Saturday night at Space server. When it was my turn to put a host up, I enabled reset for the races and posted in chat window, "reset on, pls wait 5 seconds before using". Some players may join my host and abuse reset, but I'm not going worry about it. But it be much better if host or server had a delayed rest option to use instead!  :)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 11:01:57 AM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

The Very End

Totally agree, some reset options would be nice.
1: Off
2: Only when car has stopped
3: 5 seconds delay after selected
4: 5 seconds after car has stopped
5: Instantly (like now)

St. Jimmy

Yeah delayed reset would be a good option.

But I feel that the servers that have it disabled will keep it disabled.

Got to give applause that you can roll american cars. I've usually hard time to do that even with euro cars :D
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Orbotnive T

I admire your perseverance on the matter and yes it would be great to have it :)

Facial_Burns

If such a system were to be implemented i would defiantly run it on at least one of my servers then maybe all if its liked,
My steam group where u can always find some friends on NCG
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WRCserver
My NCG discord server
https://discord.gg/010U99akJwUY82yjk

Basic pc specs:
16gb ram
Amd athlon FX 8350 8 core
nividia gtx 970
gigabte motherboard
3tb hdd
windows 8.1 pro

Purple44

If such a system were to be implemented i would defiantly run it on at least one of my servers then maybe all if its liked,

Hmmm, I wonder with server software, there should be a command for each track to have reset enable or disable. So when server switches to a oval or fig 8 track or a derby, reset can be turn off.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

St. Jimmy

Yes there is 'el_reset_disabled=' in the event loop settings. Currently only 0 and 1 but naturally that can be expanded with more numbers meaning more options.
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

BrianUK

Yep, I vote for more options when it comes to resets. I remember we used to enforce a '5 seconds after you come to rest' rule before we could turn resets off for endurance events.

CFodder

I concur, more flexibility with the reset options as outlined by Purple44 would be grand :).