Author Topic: Wreckfest Status Update  (Read 8407 times)

Frisker

Wohoo, I'm in game! So is BrianUK too. So, does this mean I will get royalties for being such a important part of game?

Yes.

Is it part of earlier discussed system where offline opponents are named after real players, or did you just handpicked best individuals on the planet?

Then why I'm not in the screenshot?

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

Axarator

One thing I'd love to see is a mode for multiplayer where you can join whenever you want mid-game and it's just freeroam, like Assetto Corsa drift lobbys or whatever.
Processor: Intel Core i4130 @ 3.40GHz 3.40GHz
Ram: 8Gb
HHD (Where Steam is installed): 2TB HHD
SSD(Where browser and poop is): 111GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX 960 OC Strix edition

Needles Kane

Notice that Andrei Räisänen is last opponent included in screenshot and he is at second last place. You are probably half lap behind, upside down in ditch.

Zebulon55

Notice that Andrei Räisänen is last opponent included in screenshot and he is at second last place. You are probably half lap behind, upside down in ditch.

That is most likely me in the ditch, but there appear to be two cars ahead of Brian. Who could they be?

Purple44

That is most likely me in the ditch, but there appear to be two cars ahead of Brian. Who could they be?

Neither them 2 cars ahead of Brian have purple skins on, so it not me!!

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Finsku

Can't see my name so that means I'm TOP-5... right? At least?  :D
HUD looks promising! I think (didn't read whole thread) image is photoshopped screenshot to test different HUDs.

Frisker

Ahh, of course. That must be it!

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

BrianUK

The fact I'm 20th is quite insulting  ;D

Frisker

The fact I'm 20th is quite insulting  ;D

Maybe in that HUD it means that you're 20 laps ahead?

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

St. Jimmy

Anyway to get damage.dset per car at some point? Many of the stuff would be better to be defined per car. Especially the momentum to HP damage is pretty critical. Bigger car needs lower speed to be in the same momentum as smaller car, so it's easier to loose health with bigger car, no matter how you try to do the system. It kind of renders the 100% and 50% sector health diagrams out because it doesn't make sense for bigger car loose health easier than smaller car when sectors aren't too badly damaged. I just realized and noticed how much of a difference there is in momentum between the lightest and heavier cars... You basically need double the speed with Fiat compared to Sedan to get the same momentum.
I also wonder if you've some kind of hidden multiplier because I can't see how 200 max HP damage can suddenly convert to over 400, even 600 depending on a car.
Join WreckFest Discord server!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz cooled by CoolerMaster Hyper 212 evo
GTX 1070 OC 8GB
RipjawsX 2x8GB 2133 MHz
Chieftec 750W
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR (Forza) Wheel

acid_andy

In terms of career elements, I like the direction you're heading. My only wish is to have the permanent damage to visually effect the cars until it's fixed.

Absolutely! I'd about given up on asking Bugbear for this, but since Janne's asking for more suggestions now, here it is again one last time:

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,5185.msg43668.html#msg43668

I think I already know it's not going to happen though :(
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 11:23:03 AM by acid_andy »

Camming

So what's the probability of this game actually getting to the finish line? Apparently, the company is listed in a few cases related to unpaid bills in Finland (http://www.protestilista.com/yritys/1586716-8) and the headcount has dropped drastically to around 10 people. Also, one of the founders (CTO) has apparently left (both overheard at a finnish computer games event and word of mouth carried them on)...

St. Jimmy

You get to make this game with us. The game is currently scheduled to be released early 2017, but we have already released an early version showcasing what the engine can do, and that’s going to be available to our supporters only.

The early access version is just a start, though! We will actively listen to our supporters’ feedback and build the game on that. What works will get enhanced, and what sucks will get fixed.

The company can and will survive the next year but after that it all likely depends on sales in PC and consoles. The better sale the longer support of developing after the release.

GTX 1070 OC 8GB
RipjawsX 2x8GB 2133 MHz
Chieftec 750W

simosimo

I feel this game has amazing tech, but the indecisive implementations of certain things really let it down. The new UI is a tremendous step in the right direction. If you're going for console releases, this is absolutely what you need.

I played this game to death online [before modding was released], the MP was great (Even though I hate team-racing when admins change it to that mode :) ). I stopped for a while and when I returned, you had to repair your cars and add crews and what not. This literally adds nothing to the gaming experience, other than making users enter a menu and clicking buttons. I hope this is removed for good, or at least bundled into a 'realism' mode for those that would like it.

Totally unrelated, and probably an unfair comparison; but I've been playing the Witcher 3 recently and the amount of options in the menus is amazing. It's the reason why games like ARMA are so successful because the options are there, and users can do what they want. If people want to play without the health bar, let them. We are the PC platform, we're built for OPTIONS!

You did good by allowing modding and allowing Steam workshop. This has added hours onto my playtime and is crucial for the long term life of the game. Games like Half Life, Skyrim are so popular because of modding .A game like this needs TRACKS and CARS, and we can now have that!

I want the driving physics to be a bit faster paced, especially when playing the amazing Destruction Derby mod. I think it's quite funny that such a ludcious gaming concept has semi-sim driving physics. I want to zap around tracks fast and look at how messed up the other cars get. Why do we have sim physics when we are flying off the big hill jump on Chalk Canyon  :D

The game you have at the moment is a GREAT racer. I would love to have Touring cars for example. But the heart of the game is smashing things up and jumping into shop-fronts! I don't really care about my parts, I just want to go fast and smash the AI/other players. Spinning out because of oversteer isn't fun in a game like this.

Easy for me to say; but again, if this was an option [to enable sim/arcade physics] then even better! Non programmers always have the best ideas right?! :)

I enjoyed playing even with the crew/parts system, but as soon as the health bar thing was introduced I stopped. I couldn't play my favourite Destruction Derby tracks because my HP was being hit after each jump, lap after lap, even without contact with other cars. Really silly change, with that sim fascination creeping in over fun gameplay yet again.

Wreckfest has a bad rep! I browse Reddit and every time it pops up, folks always mention about slow progress and not many features and the constantly changing design philosophy.

I always recommend this game to Destruction Derby fans (as I think it's a true sequel) , but I think the 'do it yourself' feel of the game puts them off. Why would they take a chance with an early access game that makes little progress? We all love the game, but where is the trust for new players?

Most of my friends are console gamers, and a few are racer fans. If the current-feel Wreckfest was packaged into a PS4 game, I know what they would say EXACTLY:

'Feels slow and there's not much to do' - Low content games get savaged these days. Just look at No Mans Sky. Your game is literally the racing version of No Mans Sky at the minute. Light on content, etc. Although there are no lies like NMS :D

In closing:

It's the same old story; arcadey stuff sells more, especially on consoles. As much as I love the tight community here, I hope the echo-chamber of wanting more realism features isn't fogging up the development of the game to make it a success like Flatout was. Flatout was popular for a reason, it was FAST, there was stuff to wreck on track and it was a literal blast! The sense of progression was cool too, I always preferred the derby racing over the Supercar stuff though. (I'm glad the ragdoll thing has gone though)

Internet people are the loudest, yet the silent majority will be [are] your audience. They will be taking a chance buying your game on console. I just hope your sample audience are varied gamer types and not all hardcore simmers.

I would play Flatout:UC to this day, but i'm in love with Wreckfest's damage model. Anything less is just feels inferior! We don't know the pressures/struggles the publishers put on you, BugBear in the Flatout days, but the final products were amazing fun. Don't forget your roots.

A great damage model, fun physics, not bogged down by dumb crap. You have an amazing recipe here - just stop adding too much salt to the pot.

From, beloved fan :)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 12:17:42 PM by simosimo »

St. Jimmy

- Fix the bottom hits that makes you bounce like crazy. I guess suspension also plays part in this. You should try to make the suspension not go so much down that the bottom of the car hits the ground or something.
- Make the health drop only when you've black sector
- Driving assists should help more especially keyboard players

When those get implemented/fixed everybody from simulation to casual crowd will be pretty happy with the base. I've been playing with my St. Damage and it's just so much better that you loose health only when the sector is black.

GTX 1070 OC 8GB
RipjawsX 2x8GB 2133 MHz
Chieftec 750W