Author Topic: Wreckfest console versions and Stuntfest announced!  (Read 9398 times)

Janne Suur-Näkki

We have a very exciting announcement to make. Since the Early Access launch of Wreckfest we have been asked whether Wreckfest will be ever released on consoles, and we're now thrilled to announce that Wreckfest is officially coming to Xbox One™ and PlayStation®4! Quoting our Studio Director, Janne Alanenpää: "Thanks to the raw power of both Xbox One™ and PlayStation®4 we will be able to unleash our undistilled vision of a next-generation demolition racing game on consoles as well and expand our audience considerably." And the best part? We're already taking pre-orders so that you can jump in early and become active in the game’s development by providing feedback that will help shape the title into something even better before its final release. By pre-ordering now you will also make sure you're be among the first to play the game when the first playable console version is released in Early Access!

STUNTFEST, A NEW GAME COMING SOON!
In other exciting news we've teamed up with an investing partner for an entirely new game project. That's right. Stuntfest is a wacky vehicle-based physics playground that will enable you to create your own mischievous levels using the easy-to-use in-game editor and then trying to accomplish all sorts of crazy ragdoll stunts with a choice of vehicles ranging from mobility scooters to shopping carts. Needless to say, the new game will be leveraging on our industry topping physics know-how and it will be something so cool that it's guaranteed to keep even the non-racing game fanatics among you hooked for hours to an end. The title is currently slated for Early Access release this fall and you can already pre-order it for a super special introductory price.

LATE SUMMER SALE
To celebrate these exciting news we will be running our own special Late Summer Sale on our site with an awesome discount on Wreckfest and Stuntfest. If you still haven't experienced Wreckfest now is your chance so don't miss out but grab your copy today dirt cheap and join the racing community!

As always, thanks for sticking with us. The support we've received from you is nothing short of stellar, and we've been amazed at the quality of the content you've all been creating since the introduction of the modding support. Our team is very excited to bring the game out on consoles as well as to have an opportunity work on a complete new exciting title. We're confident that we will be hitting all the rights chords with our most dedicated fans among both PC and console players, and make no mistake about it: we couldn't have made it this far without you. Thank you!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 11:39:21 AM by Janne Suur-Näkki »
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

St. Jimmy

I felt bit bad that I didn't buy higher tier version of WreckFest so now I've a good reason to throw more money in with Stuntfest :D

Btw can you've multiple badges in the forums or you need to choose between what you want to use?
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

TheEngiGuy

EDIT: never mind, got that fixed -> (Is it just me, or is it impossible to pay with credit card? I can only pre-order Stuntfest with my Paypal account money but I don't want that.)

Anyway, thanks Bugbear. Too bad the game is suffering from the so-called bandwagon, but I'm pretty sure we'll all love the final release very much. the status update finally cleared up our concers regarding the game's future.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 06:52:34 PM by TheEngiGuy »

Devin

I felt bit bad that I didn't buy higher tier version of WreckFest so now I've a good reason to throw more money in with Stuntfest :D
I actually sent Janne a PM a couple of days ago, asking if it was possible to upgrade to a higher tier. Hope he reads it, but I guess I'd have to buy Stuntfest and the NCG extra car separately :P

NCG on consoles might finally bring in the money they deserve. It's a great game for consoles, just maybe a little hard to master for the average console gamer, which shouldn't stop anyone from buying it.
I'm really excited for Stuntfest though, might finally be that one game that doesn't need my constant attention while still being awesome for the daily "I'm bored, what to do?" :D
I've been looking for a game like that for a while now. Most games require either daily login time or at least an hour of playtime in order to be fun, I'm guessing Stuntfest could just be fun if I just want to do something, no matter how long, without losing anything if I randomly decide to stop playing.

I also really like the concept of stunting in this engine, it's just absolutely awesome for that!

Edit:
Is it just me, or is it impossible to pay with credit card? I can only pre-order Stuntfest with my Paypal account money but I don't want that.

Paypal allows you to pay with credit card, either logged in or as a guest. It is simply that one interface between your card and the sale, which also guarantees to keep your payment safe and secure. I'd actually use Paypal instead of a credit card option if I had to pay with credit card :P
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 06:49:50 PM by Devin »

BrianUK

So this is why the damage system was dumbed down so much. Yay for consoles, right?

/negativity.

conso1727

This explain why Wreckfest went through a development this slow lately. I hope all this upcoming stuff won't mean that Wreckfest development will completely cease, because after all that was the main product. I am mildly curious about Stuntfest, but wacky ragdoll is not what I'm looking for. Hopefully some absent-minded Bugbear developer will forget the Stuntfest veichles inside Wreckfest so modders will totally not extract and make them as custom veichles. Still, the lack of communication from Bugbear is still concerning me. You should get Jori back on board, even with a part-time contract it would be a big step towards better communication

RacerBest

This is nice! And pretty funny that all this time Wreckfest has been in Early Access I haven't been able to play it since my PC was so bad. I was hoping for PS4 version but this week I built myself a new PC and now Wreckfest is announced for console! But now I can play PC version on full settings hahah

By the way, how is Stuntfest and console version given to Team Bugbear members? I don't have access to my old e-mail anymore that I used to pre-order Wreckfest so I couldn't get these. :( Is there way to change my e-mail regarding Wreckfest updates?

Edit: I still have the Sendowl link so I can get the codes for Stuntfest and console version :)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 12:33:07 PM by RacerBest »

rhamm

There's a snowball's chance in hell I'll give money to another Early Access title before you've even completed your Wreckfest Early Access title.   Sounds like Stuntfest is going to be the game a lot people wanted after they saw the game engine demo two years ago.  Glad you're making that game for those people and it should be a lot of fun once it's finished.
Intel i7 3770 3.4Ghz, Geforce GTX 670
16GB DDR3
Fanatec Clubsport Wheel V2 with Porsche 918 RSR
V1 Clubsport Pedals plugged into wheel as 1 device

TheEngiGuy

So this is why the damage system was dumbed down so much. Yay for consoles, right?

/negativity.

Are you talking about mechanical damage, or just physics in general?
I mean, they gotta improve rollovers and collisions (especially against walls), they were more satisfying in the earlier builds.

basti4655

/negativity.

I mean, they gotta improve rollovers and collisions (especially against walls), they were more satisfying in the earlier builds.

+1
I7-6700K, GTX 770, 8Gb Ram, Win 10 64bit

So do Team Member users get stuntfest for free and Wreckfest on console for free since we already gave a nice amount of money?

The Very End

Think so yes.

KingOfTheCakes

Stuntfest does sound like it could be a laugh. I'm glad you separated the crazy-ragdoll fun time physics from Wreckfest to a spin-off title.
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MacsrPooGaming
30,000 subs and going strong!... Somehow.

Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

BrianUK

/negativity.

No, mechanical damage is a welcome addition. However the move to a health bar rather than the raw system we had before is the dumbing down I refer to. General crashing hasn't been satisfying for a long time, I replayed Build 6 a couple of weeks ago and replayed figure 8 with 24 cars, and it reminded me just how good it all was back then.

conso1727

However the move to a health bar rather than the raw system we had before is the dumbing down I refer to.

Got to agree, they just had to make cars more durable, not this weird healthbar thing. I hope it's only a temporary measure, probably as a way to test the (hopefully) to be implemented veichle armor feature