Author Topic: Wreckfest console versions and Stuntfest announced!  (Read 31446 times)

Hornet66

Yep this is a bummer. Not really surprised either (technical challenges surely abound). I have been hyping the game and it's console release for awhile to anyone who will listen. I have a few buddies who are not PC inclined and would love to play this game on consoles.

Annoyed nothing officially stated on this site but hopeful of a better product down the road.
AMD Threadripper 1950X/GTX-1080ti/32GB DDR4/WIN10

Konan

Yeah...fortunately a delay means the BB guys want us console players to get the best game they can offer,so that can only be a positive thing...

Phen248

Yep this is a bummer. Not really surprised either (technical challenges surely abound). I have been hyping the game and it's console release for awhile to anyone who will listen. I have a few buddies who are not PC inclined and would love to play this game on consoles.

Annoyed nothing officially stated on this site but hopeful of a better product down the road.

Same, I've been telling people left and right about it "Nov 20th, that's the final date, no more waiting". Now I'm probably going to be lynched.

What's worse is that I'm getting FH4 in December, and going from that to wreckfest definitely won't help with my steadily declining enthusiasm and patience with the game.
Fan of: MotorStorm, MotorStorm Pacific Rift, Baja Edge of Control, Dirt 2, Dirt Showdown, The Crew, and of course, Wreckfest.
PC Specs: Potato - Console of Choice: PS4

Purple44

Ya it tough to wait, but you don't want Bugbear release console versions that are not ready for prime time?

If Bugbear not happy with where Wreckfest console versions are, I would bet players won't like it either.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Telekill

Are you kidding me?

I regret backing this game. In the end, it's really only $25 but the never ending waiting game BugBear is playing is beyond infuriating. This game had better be incredible when it's finally (if ever) released.

Mopower

Are you kidding me?

I regret backing this game. In the end, it's really only $25 but the never ending waiting game BugBear is playing is beyond infuriating. This game had better be incredible when it's finally (if ever) released.

I mean, they could have released it 2 years ago with 5 cars and 15 tracks... But I'm willing to bet you appreciate all the other goodies we got enough that it makes up for it... Hell they could ahve not done a backer thing and just made the cheapest game they could with graphics from the flatout from 2000, but I bet you appreciate that they didn't do that either.

Anyways, you're regret is your opinion, so you can definitely keep it, but I don't know if I'd go so far as to say I regret backing the game.

Back on topic: Get to it Bugbear, the console guys are ready, and the PC guys are awaiting the popularity boost :p
Go BIG or go home!

Janne Suur-Näkki

Sorry about the bad news. It's totally understandable that it's frustrating having to keep waiting for so long.

That said, at the end we will definitely have a better game. We could have just pushed the game out this year but that would have meant more or less a bare bones port of the PC version, but looking at what we now have we felt we could do so much better with the game (both PC and the consoles), given slightly more time. The extended development time will mean new better performance, better visuals, more content as well as new features so it will be worth it. Now you're can say that you could have always released updates and DLC add-ons to the game but especially in regards with the console version we only really get one chance to go big and that's the launch. We're lucky to have a publisher like THQ Nordic so that we now have the opportunity.

BdB82

like many years of disappointment in Bugbear. I had ordered the game but cancel it now. I'm done with you. How seriously do you take the players.

I also stop following your news. The best with it.

The Very End

So... to get this straight: You want them to release an unfinished product? How is that taking the players seriously? Taking the players seriously is by releasing an complete product.

Janne Suur-Näkki

It's pretty much what we kept saying a few years ago when many people demanded that we release the PC version - sure we can do that since it's just one button click, but then it will be exactly the same as the current version - all the extra functionality, content and polish doesn't just appear magically when you release the game. These things just take time when done properly, there's no way around it.

Speedevil

Well, I think Nordic knows how to release games on consoles, so this was definitely for the best.

Caley19

I'm very glad you guys got more time for next big update(also known as console release :P). I don't care about waiting few more months. Delayed release means "better release" ;)

Also guys.. you should really push out some small leaks here,on steam and on twitter at least once in a month to keep people calm.

And if I can recommend you some quick things that were mentioned a lot of times people were talking about:
boring and not very atractive ui design, no welcome(newcomers), no story or some kind of introduction(we don't need much, just some simple text here and there so player can understand why are they doing all that stuff you do in wreckfest)

newcomers should get more attention, also would be nice to give them chance to choose their first vehicle (instead of Rocket give them different types of C class cars to buy)

Also please take another look at career's current state, I think you missed one big thing there - there's no multiplayer involved which should open a few opportunities how to make it more "outstanding" - example maybe bringing back crew system just for career? It was actualy a good thing when you wanted a longer gameplay which involves more things to play with than doing race after race.

Thank you so much for all these years you spend with us, wish you the best guys! :)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 07:32:13 PM by Caley19 »
Also known as John Blackhills.

Mopower

Caley19, thanks for bringing that up. Something as simple as a tutorial for each of the 3 main tabs would be good, i.e.: a tutorial that covers racing, one that covers the garage and one that covers the misc/extras tab. From what I've heard, most newcomers have no idea ( and Idk how they can be this absent-minded) but they have no idea how to change, buy or modify cars.
Go BIG or go home!

Purple44

Ya in the old days, your PC game came with a printed manual, like the 14 page manual of Flatout I just looked at.

Maybe Bugbear or THQ could add a Wreckfest manual pdf file and when go to play Wreckfest, there an option to open the manual?

Looking through Flatout manual, there a section about statistics, which reminded me, Wreckfest use track statistics too. Janne what happen to this? Would be nice click on something in-game and see how many times you wrecked you car and taken down opponents. How many times you pitted someone, what was your biggest air time, how far you jump your car.

And I still hold my breath, hope and pray that we get these cool things back!

Mad Dog, Heavy Hitter, and Speeder Awards (High Lights)!!!

Also Car Stats! (Info)!!! Please Bugbear... really miss these things.

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Daystar

Thank you very much for bringing this up again! (my previous posts) Purple! seems my ideas got lost in the rush to get Wreckfest finalized.

Maybe in Policefest next year Bugbear? in my dreams haha  :P