Author Topic: Wreckfest console versions and Stuntfest announced!  (Read 9480 times)

Hunter

I agree Brian, in my opinion the damage system and the handling was so much more fun back in Build 6.

This is the recording I have of the Build 6 days, this was during the NSD-Assassin war (which went on for weeks and it was the most fun)...

Every single hit I dealt was tactical and every hit I took was taken tactically as well. I would not intentionally let my weak areas get hit.
The health bar system is nothing like that, it is just hitting someone in any way you can.

2 other things that I miss as well.
1) One shotting someone, it is pretty much impossible now. They should take a full straight hit but it should be possible.
2) The sedan is too weak now, it isn't really a wrecker car anymore. Before you was alot slower but once you caught someone you felt like a wolf amongst sheep.

If I could have the damage and handling of build 6 and the content (cars and tracks) of today, then I would have the game that way 100% of the time.
Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz
MSI x99A Raider
MSI Geforce GTX 970 Gaming 4GB Twin Frozr V
16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengence LPX 2400MHz
Creative Sound Blaster Z
Windows 10 64bit

xStizzy

I bought Wreckfest a while ago on PC, even though my laptop can't really run it. If possible, I would love to exchange the PC version for a PS4 version. I can't really afford to buy it twice, and I'm not going to be able to play Wreckfest on my PC anyway. I hope this wouldn't be too difficult to do?

St. Jimmy

It's very simple to change the health bar to work so you only loose health if you're hit in a part that's black. In my opinion that's how it should be. Then naturally health can be reduced a lot after that change. BugBear should change it working that way so there's some tactic.

The above one is made by me. You start to loose health when you've 95% damaged sector if you're hit in that sector.

The below one is the original one and like you can see you can loose health no matter how good your sectors are.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 09:17:55 PM by St. Jimmy »
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Banditopeep

Do original backers get the option of a physical console copy as well?.  If so will we be notified some how.

timmy76

Be interesting to see if mods will be transferable to the console port with a Steam workshop style mod manager.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 11:05:02 PM by timmy76 »
Currently deleting my modding history for Snobfest.

Adziej

I preordered Wreckfest's base version long time ago (even before steam greenlight). After few weeks of playing I wanted to throw some more money to Bugbear by upgrading my package but I wasn't able to to this because there wasn't such an option. Shortly after releasing upgrades on Steam I bought for myself but didn't get a forum badge here. Now you want to tell all the people who did the same, they won't get Stuntfest? Great move!

...NOT.
i5 2500k @ 3,3Ghz + TRUE + NB XL2 || Gigabyte GTX 770 2GB OC || ASRock P67 Pro3 B3 || Pentagram SF-620W || Crucial 2x4GB 1600 || Intel 520 120GB || Samsung F3 HD502HJ || LG W2252TQ-PF || Razer Salmosa || Saitek Eclipse II || Xbox 360 Wireless Controller || Creative X-Fi Music + Z-5500 || Win7 Home

Calamann

It would be cool if everybody who has pre-ordered the PC game very early will get stuntfest for free :) as a special thanks :P
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 02:36:41 AM by Calamann »
I  L O V E  W R E C K F E S T

ASUS Z87-C
Intel Core i7 4790
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / 4GB
16 GB DDR3
128 GB SSD
1 TB HDD
Windows 10

tolliverj

post deleted
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 03:39:04 AM by tolliverj »

Adziej

It would be cool if everybody who has pre-ordered the PC game very early will get stuntfest for free :) as a special thanks :P

Well, I didn't mean that exactly but such a compensation for a delay in development of Wreckfest should be done. Creating 2 games simultaneously will affect negatively development period of both. What's more early backers thought (and trusted Bugbear) it will be AWESOME game. No, it won't be. Most thought about more destructible environment, longer tracks and more variety in cars. Unfortunately it won't happen.

Even if I made these $35 worth during 257 hours of playing wreckfest i'm starting to regret buying this game in early access stage and won't invest additional money on another game from Bugbear for sure.

Releasing second early access game before finishing the first one is just the worst thing that company can do.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 03:29:59 AM by Adziej »
i5 2500k @ 3,3Ghz + TRUE + NB XL2 || Gigabyte GTX 770 2GB OC || ASRock P67 Pro3 B3 || Pentagram SF-620W || Crucial 2x4GB 1600 || Intel 520 120GB || Samsung F3 HD502HJ || LG W2252TQ-PF || Razer Salmosa || Saitek Eclipse II || Xbox 360 Wireless Controller || Creative X-Fi Music + Z-5500 || Win7 Home

Purple44

However the move to a health bar rather than the raw system we had before is the dumbing down I refer to.

Got to agree, they just had to make cars more durable, not this weird healthbar thing. I hope it's only a temporary measure, probably as a way to test the (hopefully) to be implemented veichle armor feature

Ya, I have say, I'm not a fan the Health bar.   :(

It's very simple to change the health bar to work so you only loose health if you're hit in a part that's black. In my opinion that's how it should be. Then naturally health can be reduced a lot after that change. BugBear should change it working that way so there's some tactic.

The above one is made by me. You start to loose health when you've 95% damaged sector if you're hit in that sector.

The below one is the original one and like you can see you can loose health no matter how good your sectors are.

Jimmy, could you attach your damage sector file to your post, I would like to try it. I only tried tweaking the damage.dset file that effects the health bar. I take it you have to put this tweaked damage sector file in all the car folders, looking at your pic?

Releasing second early access game before finishing the first one is just the worst thing that company can do.

But I think it had to be done if Bugbear going get the needed time\money to finish Wreckfest or they may of had to close their studio doors. If Bugbear don't finish Wreckfest, Bugbear be history, I think!  I would hate see that happen this close to the finish line!!!!

MK-Kraken, you miss all the talk about Bugbear filing for bankruptcy, which wasn't true, a creditor had put a lien on Bugbear for unpaid bill.

Does this mark the end?

Because it took Bugbear an extra 5 months to get the new car physics to play nice again before they could get Build #7 release last year, that put Bugbear in a financial bind. That why I think Bugbear made a deal with "investing partner" to release Stuntfest.

http://www.wreckfestgame.com/wreckfest-console-versions-and-stuntfest-announced/

STUNTFEST, A NEW GAME COMING SOON!

In other exciting news we’ve teamed up with an investing partner for an entirely new game project.

Bugbear needed an infusion of cash so they can finish Wreckfest and get the final release version out the door early next year. I just hope Bugbear did not have to sale their soul this time?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/228380/discussions/0/353915309340768240/#c353915309343886361

Quote from: jannesBB;353915309343886361
That's understandable, and for any developer it's not financially sustainable to keep a product in active development indefinitely. That said there's no official release date but for the time being I would estimate that the game will enter beta stage late this year or early next year, meaning that all the features and almost all of the planned content will be in.

Us that been modding the game these last few months using Bagedit, can see Wreckfest has a lot of stuff under the hood thanks to the ROMU game engine overhaul. We will be modding Wreckfest for a long time into the future.  :D

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

RagingRoach67

So do Team Member users get stuntfest for free and Wreckfest on console for free since we already gave a nice amount of money?

There is clarification on the official site, copied below for reference.
http://www.wreckfestgame.com/wreckfest/

Free stuff to Master Blaster and Team Bugbear supporters
All our existing and new Master Blaster and Team Bugbear Member supporters will get more stuff for FREE! Our upcoming Stuntfest game is now included in Master Blaster and Team Bugbear Member packages.

On top of that, Team Bugbear Members will also get Wreckfest on one console platform, Playstation4 or XBox One (your choice!). Team Bugbear Members will be contacted once the console version of Wreckfest is available. All these extra goodies are digital deluxe versions.

RagingRoach67

On the one hand, I think it is bad timing to announce another product without finishing Wreckfest. But on the other hand, I am glad they were able to secure additional funding and port it to consoles. Maybe this will be the push they need to get it across the finish line. I've had my pre-order since November 2013, would love to see a final product  :P

As a side note, gifting Stuntfest to certain tiers was a nice gesture that renews my hope in the game. Come on 2017!

Ruben Bugbear

Heey Bugbear! Thanks for the great news :D I already did pre-order Stuntfest when i found a leak in the website :P srry bout that, but was worth it ;) How and when do i get more information to the steam key, or game code?
Specs: AMD FX+ 8350, Sapphire R9 290, 16GB Corsair Vengeance, SSD 250GB

Ruben Bugbear

And , what's the best option to buy an higher tier if you already have wreckfest?
Specs: AMD FX+ 8350, Sapphire R9 290, 16GB Corsair Vengeance, SSD 250GB

Adziej

But I think it had to be done if Bugbear going get the needed time\money to finish Wreckfest or they may of had to close their studio doors. If Bugbear don't finish Wreckfest, Bugbear be history, I think!  I would hate see that happen this close to the finish line!!!!
It's same situation as people who get a credit in a bank (and spent it), after some time they don't have money to pay it off (because they didn't earn enough money) and get another one to do it. But when they get second credit, they don't realize it has to be paid off soon too. What will they do then, ask a bank for another credit? Do you see the point?