Author Topic: Wreckfest console versions and Stuntfest announced!  (Read 32926 times)

Konan

I doubt the update process on pc has stopped in order to finish the console version...My guess is the pc version has to be near perfect before the game can be ported to consoles to begin with.

Bugbear been working on console versions all this year, some Devs work console version, some work PC version.

Exactly,that's why i don't think pc updates depend on consoles whatsoever...

Janne Suur-Näkki

Absolutely, although the console versions are a priority for us most of the work done for done will also equally benefit the PC version. Our strategy for the console versions is not to cripple the game to make it run on consoles but to improve and optimize the game (and the tech running it) since there are a significant amount of gains to be had, something that we've been aware from the get-go. Likewise, content-wise development is also continuing at full steam with both PC and consoles running absolutely the same content.

As for the PC update, we would not prefer to wait until the console launch.

All in all, thanks to this extra development time Wreckfest will be better than ever on both PC and consoles.

Merhunes Dagon

Absolutely, although the console versions are a priority for us most of the work done for done will also equally benefit the PC version. Our strategy for the console versions is not to cripple the game to make it run on consoles but to improve and optimize the game (and the tech running it) since there are a significant amount of gains to be had, something that we've been aware from the get-go. Likewise, content-wise development is also continuing at full steam with both PC and consoles running absolutely the same content.

As for the PC update, we would not prefer to wait until the console launch.

All in all, thanks to this extra development time Wreckfest will be better than ever on both PC and consoles.

That is very good to hear if I understand everything !  :P

Phen248

K, so I've let out some steam, made a few dents in places, and am more level-headed about this delay. The fact that Ark Survival is getting a major expansion this month also helps lessen the blow (of course Wildcard are rotten c***s when it comes to delaying updates at the last minute, so we'll see). That being said, I have 3 questions on the matter of Wreckfest's delay.

1. Will this "pit stop" only lead into early 2019, or are we talking about an entire year here? Because time is no longer in your favour, late 2019/early 2020 is when the new consoles (PS5 & X2) are scheduled to come out, and if Wreckfest's console release draws too near to that window... then yeah, you'll probably end up making less sales in that situation than if you released the game in its current state (unless you plan to release Wreckfest on the new consoles as well).

2. "At this moment, the team needs more time to polish the multiplayer part, as well as the overall performance on the game to bring it up to par with the experience on PC"
Does this mean that we will be getting a beta now, or is that still a no-go?

3. "we already have compensation in the form of further vehicles, including a special crazy vehicle, in the works for consoles."
I might be taking this sentence out of context, but it sounds like this "special crazy vehicle" will be a console exclusive. As a console player I'd appreciate the gesture if this were the case, but IMO I don't think it'd be fair for the PC community, even considering the circumstances of why we'd get it as an exclusive. Can I get some clarification on this?
Fan of: MotorStorm, MotorStorm Pacific Rift, Baja Edge of Control, Dirt 2, Dirt Showdown, The Crew, and of course, Wreckfest.
PC Specs: Potato - Console of Choice: PS4

Zebulon55

3. "we already have compensation in the form of further vehicles, including a special crazy vehicle, in the works for consoles."
I might be taking this sentence out of context, but it sounds like this "special crazy vehicle" will be a console exclusive. As a console player I'd appreciate the gesture if this were the case, but IMO I don't think it'd be fair for the PC community, even considering the circumstances of why we'd get it as an exclusive. Can I get some clarification on this?

Not that anybody asked for my opinion, but I'd read that as the concept of "compensation" being for the delay to consoles, while the further vehicles and special crazy vehicle will be for both PC and console.

Janne stated in a post just two above that "Likewise, content-wise development is also continuing at full steam with both PC and consoles running absolutely the same content."

If PC doesn't get the special crazy vehicle, I'd expect Purple44 to post his little "Please, Bugbear" animal pictures, and a lot of moaning from the rest of us PC guys about missing out on console exclusive content.  ;D
Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

jbrenes2012

Will the PS4 version of Wreckfest support the Logitech G29?

sam223

Will the PS4 version of Wreckfest support the Logitech G29?
Cant see why not, if the ps4 supports g29 natively
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

LUNITIC_WILL

Congrats on being acquired Bugbear. Now you don't have to worry about the lights being turned off
"one shall stand, one shall fall" Optimus Prime 1984-present

Callahan420

3 years later...
All I can see is updates to PC while they work on the console version. Could be wrong but they have to test them somewhere.

Callahan420

PS4 release has been a big joke. They knew this from the front. Apparently they like to have power over the players who are waiting. postponed until 2019 haha ??and when exactly they do not tell. again somewhere half the year? Again let the players wait. Everything was already known, that is no different. How serious can you take the makers now. I canceled my game and put my money into a rally game.

"power over the players who are waiting"....come on now. I can't imagine what your opinion would have been had they released
this game in a totally rushed and messed up way. Not a damn thing anyone can do but wait or bail out.

I am going to take the high side on this news and believe that BB and THQ are really doing the right thing. People seem to forget
that many thousands (probably more), filled out the survey as to what they want to see in the game, remember that? I imagine that kind of feedback in that one survey alone most likely scrambled the devs brains quite immeasurably and maybe even created some
panic...lol. It is enough to implement all those requested features in the PC version in a decent amount of time. Trying to figure it all out for the consoles must be insanely stressful to think about! People who take the time to think about this will understand.

Now, I have no clue of what the partnership intricacies of BB and THQ are but I figure they've known for awhile here that the consoles were going to need more time, and with that, the paying customer and gamer in me expects to hear of a nice range of goodies coming in the near future 8). Make it great guys!!!

And this, best post in the thread,
Sorry for the double post

BdB82

Bugbear, why we not hear anything about PS4 anymore? we have been waiting so long. We are also entitled to information !!!

Konan

We know the release is scheduled for 2019...what more is there to tell?