Author Topic: Wreckfest console versions and Stuntfest announced!  (Read 11650 times)

Crasher

Hello everyone we are (****bear)  Bugbear Entertainment!

We like to make games and make multiple projects on same time, even if one is not finished. Don't forget our opinion is to milk our customers. Have fun with our lovely unfinished games!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 09:23:28 PM by Facial_Burns »

LUNITIC_WILL

still not gonna be happy till nitro is added (wanted wreckfest to be more akin to Flatout 2).....and yes, i haven't posted for a long time, and yes, i am bumping a thread
"one shall stand, one shall fall" Optimus Prime 1984-present

Mohasz

Dirt Showdown is available for free on https://www.humblebundle.com/store for another 21 hours.

I'm kinda bummed that I'm enjoying a 4+ years old game that got mixed reviews more than I could ever imagine enjoying Wreckfest. I mean, it has plenty of decent game modes (Domination, elevated derby rings where you have to knock out your opponents, tracks where you have to perform stunts / drifts, etc.), great soundtrack, very casual but enjoyable physics. Its presentation is not exactly what I'm looking for, but still it seems to be fun and diverse. I honestly can't see Wreckfest end up being that fun, I think it's trying to take itself too seriously.

Time will tell [I realize it's still (pre-)alpha], but I was hoping they'd go with FlatOut 1's direction - not too 'silly', but still arcade fun. I guess I was wrong. This announcement makes me all the more disappointed. It looks like they can't keep up with one project, and they still start working on another (which should be a part of Wreckfest in my opinion, but that's another story). :-\
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 10:35:22 PM by Mohasz »

timmy76

I agree its an older game and is 100x more fun than what WreckFest has ever been in 4 years.
PC specs
None of your business.

get dirt 3 . insane fun online and many servers many of which are full :)

TheEngiGuy

Ironically, Dirt Showdown's crashes and collisions aren't as chaotic, car deformation is pre-defined and driving is easy as heck.

Also, get Dirt Rally.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 02:11:36 AM by TheEngiGuy »

Mohasz

Maybe they're less chaotic but at least they feel 'heavy' and the game is just pure fun. I have Dirt 3 in my library, it's the next one I'll try. Dirt Rally is too expensive for me at the moment and not very similar to Wreckfest but I've been keeping my eyes on that one as well lately.

TheEngiGuy

Maybe they less chaotic but at least they feel 'heavy' and the game is just pure fun. I have Dirt 3 in my library, it's the next. Dirt Rally is too expensive for me at the moment and not very similar to Wreckfest but I've been keeping my eyes on that one as well lately.

Yeah, there's still lots of room for improvements regarding collisions and general physics, even driving physics. I may find Wreckfest fun but I can see that most of the game doesn't feel definitive yet.

Dirt Rally is like THE game for anyone who likes authentic rally, even if it doesn't have many rally locations, the driving is so much fun.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 10:10:43 PM by TheEngiGuy »

TheEngiGuy

...more like, get Dirt 4!

greekgod

Any info when the release date will be?

GT-Racer

Any information about crossplay?

The Very End

Cross-platform-play would be a great addition!

racespace

Will we see a Wreckfest game in physical form? (ie. on disc) for the consoles?
I'm still unclear on this.

TPEHAK

Cross-platform-play would be a great addition!
Yes, we need more players in multilayer.
LAPTOP GIGABYTE P35X V3 || INTEL CORE i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHZ ||NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980M  8GB GDDR5|| 16GB RAM || 103GB SSD || 1TB HDD || WINDOWS 10 HOME

Konan

Hi guys...a bit late to the party (to my shame i didn't know this game existed)
From the videos i saw this game looks really promising (reminds me of "Driven to destruction") so i hope it releases soon on consoles (early spring is out of the question i suppose?)
Anyway,keep up the good work...really looking great so far!

Cheers,

Konan