Author Topic: Wreckfest console versions and Stuntfest announced!  (Read 31337 times)

Konan

I doubt the update process on pc has stopped in order to finish the console version...My guess is the pc version has to be near perfect before the game can be ported to consoles to begin with.

Bugbear been working on console versions all this year, some Devs work console version, some work PC version.

Exactly,that's why i don't think pc updates depend on consoles whatsoever...

Janne Suur-Näkki

Absolutely, although the console versions are a priority for us most of the work done for done will also equally benefit the PC version. Our strategy for the console versions is not to cripple the game to make it run on consoles but to improve and optimize the game (and the tech running it) since there are a significant amount of gains to be had, something that we've been aware from the get-go. Likewise, content-wise development is also continuing at full steam with both PC and consoles running absolutely the same content.

As for the PC update, we would not prefer to wait until the console launch.

All in all, thanks to this extra development time Wreckfest will be better than ever on both PC and consoles.

Merhunes Dagon

Absolutely, although the console versions are a priority for us most of the work done for done will also equally benefit the PC version. Our strategy for the console versions is not to cripple the game to make it run on consoles but to improve and optimize the game (and the tech running it) since there are a significant amount of gains to be had, something that we've been aware from the get-go. Likewise, content-wise development is also continuing at full steam with both PC and consoles running absolutely the same content.

As for the PC update, we would not prefer to wait until the console launch.

All in all, thanks to this extra development time Wreckfest will be better than ever on both PC and consoles.

That is very good to hear if I understand everything !  :P

Phen248

K, so I've let out some steam, made a few dents in places, and am more level-headed about this delay. The fact that Ark Survival is getting a major expansion this month also helps lessen the blow (of course Wildcard are rotten c***s when it comes to delaying updates at the last minute, so we'll see). That being said, I have 3 questions on the matter of Wreckfest's delay.

1. Will this "pit stop" only lead into early 2019, or are we talking about an entire year here? Because time is no longer in your favour, late 2019/early 2020 is when the new consoles (PS5 & X2) are scheduled to come out, and if Wreckfest's console release draws too near to that window... then yeah, you'll probably end up making less sales in that situation than if you released the game in its current state (unless you plan to release Wreckfest on the new consoles as well).

2. "At this moment, the team needs more time to polish the multiplayer part, as well as the overall performance on the game to bring it up to par with the experience on PC"
Does this mean that we will be getting a beta now, or is that still a no-go?

3. "we already have compensation in the form of further vehicles, including a special crazy vehicle, in the works for consoles."
I might be taking this sentence out of context, but it sounds like this "special crazy vehicle" will be a console exclusive. As a console player I'd appreciate the gesture if this were the case, but IMO I don't think it'd be fair for the PC community, even considering the circumstances of why we'd get it as an exclusive. Can I get some clarification on this?
Fan of: MotorStorm, MotorStorm Pacific Rift, Baja Edge of Control, Dirt 2, Dirt Showdown, The Crew, and of course, Wreckfest.
PC Specs: Potato - Console of Choice: PS4

Zebulon55

3. "we already have compensation in the form of further vehicles, including a special crazy vehicle, in the works for consoles."
I might be taking this sentence out of context, but it sounds like this "special crazy vehicle" will be a console exclusive. As a console player I'd appreciate the gesture if this were the case, but IMO I don't think it'd be fair for the PC community, even considering the circumstances of why we'd get it as an exclusive. Can I get some clarification on this?

Not that anybody asked for my opinion, but I'd read that as the concept of "compensation" being for the delay to consoles, while the further vehicles and special crazy vehicle will be for both PC and console.

Janne stated in a post just two above that "Likewise, content-wise development is also continuing at full steam with both PC and consoles running absolutely the same content."

If PC doesn't get the special crazy vehicle, I'd expect Purple44 to post his little "Please, Bugbear" animal pictures, and a lot of moaning from the rest of us PC guys about missing out on console exclusive content.  ;D
Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

jbrenes2012

Will the PS4 version of Wreckfest support the Logitech G29?

sam223

Will the PS4 version of Wreckfest support the Logitech G29?
Cant see why not, if the ps4 supports g29 natively
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

LUNITIC_WILL

Congrats on being acquired Bugbear. Now you don't have to worry about the lights being turned off
"one shall stand, one shall fall" Optimus Prime 1984-present