Author Topic: Ability to join to the race in progress!  (Read 1589 times)

TPEHAK

Hello!

I think it will be really cool feature if we can join to the public race in progress if the lobby is finished, not only lobby-room connection. If we've connected to the race in progress we just will be located right behind the last player at the last position. In that case we can join to the race without waiting and this game will be always filled  and there will be a lot of players on the track.

Or we can start race with some players and some bots and bots can be replaced by real players in progress.

As I know that feature realised in last Need For Speed and this is really important.

Anyway lobby-host can On or Off this feature in his race.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 10:05:57 PM by TPEHAK »
LAPTOP GIGABYTE P35X V3 || INTEL CORE i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHZ ||NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980M  8GB GDDR5|| 16GB RAM || 103GB SSD || 1TB HDD || WINDOWS 10 HOME

Cornkid

Hello!

I think it will be really cool feature if we can join to the public race in progress if the lobby is finished, not only lobby-room connection. If we've connected to the race in progress we just will be located right behind the last player at the last position. In that case we can join to the race without waiting and this game will be always filled  and there will be a lot of players on the track.

Or we can start race with some players and some bots and bots can be replaced by real players in progress.

As I know that feature realised in last Need For Speed and this is really important.

Good idea, but not sure if I'd want to join last on the last lap.

I'd prefer to have spectate mode, and judge if the lobby was worth joining or not.

Muggins

I would guess this would kinda hinge on if one game session rolls into another, or if its 'one race only' per MP game session.  It will also be important to consider if this is going to be server hosted or client hosted (i didnt do any research, sorry :) ) - if its client hosted then having host migration implemented will be a pretty big deal too.

With several games under their belt a lot of the groundwork may well already be done, what did their other titles do?

Zathor

There could also be some sort of reconnect to game and/or pause option, if a friend or any another driver gets disconnected because of technical difficulties. Pause might get quite annoying after time so there could also be option to turn it off.

Pointy

Hello!

Good idea, but not sure if I'd want to join last on the last lap.

I'd prefer to have spectate mode, and judge if the lobby was worth joining or not.

Good ideas!

Perhaps a mixture of both, join as spectator and have the option to join the race if you want to. (There probably should be an option for the host to disable late joining though, for those that do not like it)