Gamepad
80 (43.2%)
Keyboard
49 (26.5%)
Wheel
56 (30.3%)

Total Members Voted: 185

Voting closed: October 02, 2013, 10:51:29 PM

Author Topic: POLL: Gamepad, keyboard or a wheel?  (Read 32724 times)

Janne Suur-Näkki

Since the title is developed PC first, it's time to carry out a little poll to give us some idea on what input device everyone prefers on the system. So, a quick question: do you think you will be playing with a gamepad, a keyboard or a wheel? Thanks for your input!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 10:54:01 PM by Janne Suur-Näkki »
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

Ghost

A little XBox 360 Controller for me. :)

On a related note, it's always a good thing to be able to bind keys/buttons the way we like. FO-UC lacked this, hoping it'll make it in on NCG.  :-[

AltS7

Same X360. But I would like to see such good keyboard support as FlatOut 1/2 had. Just in case.

databator

same for me, never tried a wheel.

Typ60

I hope in the NCG be possible assign each action (eg - brake) on two various buttons (eg "S" on the keyboard, and "RT" on the controller)

Like this:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 01:47:15 AM by Typ60 »

linfosoma

Most likely I'll be playing with my wheel (Logitech G27), but I do have a Xbox 360 gamepad just in case.

When it comes to wheels, I dont expect this game to have the best force feedback in the world, but some decent response with no deadzones and a reasonable steering lock will suffice to make me happy.

St. Jimmy

Most likely I'll be playing with my wheel (Logitech G27), but I do have a Xbox 360 gamepad just in case.

When it comes to wheels, I dont expect this game to have the best force feedback in the world, but some decent response with no deadzones and a reasonable steering lock will suffice to make me happy.
This. I very much like to play with a wheel (Fanatec CSR) if possible. But keyboard support is of course a good thing also. At least in FO1 it's almost impossible to drive with a wheel because of huge deadzone and slow response.
/Ohand I don't have a controller for PC so it's either keyboard or wheel.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 11:50:30 PM by St. Jimmy »
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

TPG

X360 for me probably. I only use my wheel for sim racing where it is needed, in other scenarios gamepads are just more comfortable to use for me.

mazzagiordano

Chating to people playing UC on line i found that most people use a XBOX360 gamepad.

Heddly

I use the G27 Logitech. FlatOut 1 had the best FFB of the other games to me.

Serenya

Primarily keyboard, this needs to get much better wheel controls than in FlatOuts before I'm in with the wheel (G25). I've tried every FlatOuts for PC with it, but the mentioned terrible deadzone and response came against, plus for some reason the force feedback jammed on for the whole run after first turn.

If this game is going to feature the deforming terrain, then the wheel with proper controls would be almost only option for me. :)
System: i7-4790K | Asus Z97-Deluxe (USB 3.1) | G. Skill Ares 16 GB 2133 DDR3 | Asus Strix GTX 970 | 840 EVO (500 GB) | Win 7 64-bit
Input: Logitech G402 | Corsair Vengeance K70
Output: Dell U2515H | Creative GigaWorks T20 Series II | SteelSeries Siberia Elite, Koss PortaPro 2.0 & Superlux HD681 EVO

Nixxen

Most definitely a wheel + pedals.
My most enjoyable moment in any car game was FO1, dirt track, force feedback wheel and pedals, way too high speed, surrounded by cars and with a steep curve coming up.
The tension and force of it all is just immense.

Hoping NCG will capture that same raw feeling of fun.

Victor Cortez

Xbox pad, and I'm fairly sure that's the most popular choice. Either because people already have one or because it's rather cheap and good.

kyborgi

My G25 has been collecting dust lately, so I hope Bugbear will put emphasis on good, responsive wheel controls for NCG. Flatout UC was pretty fun with wheel too, but it was definitely easier to play with keyboard or gamepad.

Either way, the gamepad support must be wider than just Xinput devices. Microsoft pulled a real dick move on us who own PS3 compatible pads or generic usb pads, rendering them pretty much useless for many games and for some incomprehensible reason even indie devs went along with it.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 12:30:26 PM by kyborgi »

concretec0w

I'll definitely be putting my wheel (Fanatec CSR) and pedals (Logitech G25) into action... really looking forward to it and hoping that there is a decent Force Feedback implementation to reflect the physics engine