Gamepad
80 (43.2%)
Keyboard
49 (26.5%)
Wheel
56 (30.3%)

Total Members Voted: 185

Voting closed: October 02, 2013, 10:51:29 PM

Author Topic: POLL: Gamepad, keyboard or a wheel?  (Read 30109 times)

Usmovers_02

A little XBox 360 Controller for me. :)

On a related note, it's always a good thing to be able to bind keys/buttons the way we like. FO-UC lacked this, hoping it'll make it in on NCG.  :-[

This

KazzyMac

I've got an Xbox 360 controller and a Logitech G27 racing wheel, though I can't use the pedals on it as there isn't enough space under my desk for me to get adequate leg-room (boo!)
My Lam0r Rig:

Corsair Graphite 780T & Corsair H100i liquid cooler
Intel i7-3930K @ 4.2Ghz
16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB DDR3 2400Mhz RAM
MSI GTX980 4G OC, 4GB GDDR5
256GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD & 2TB Samsung SATA HDD
Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
27" Asus VS278Q (1ms)
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

RacerBest

Gamepad, because it's PC game. If it came to consoles I would play it with wheel because I have my wheel setup at my TV, and it takes too much effort for me to bring the wheel to PC.

crashkid3000

I use a "Logitech WingMan Gamepad Extreme". It works with Midtown Madness 1, Grid 2 and FlatOut 2 (but unfortunately not with FO: UC)
... enjoys wrecking other cars

CPU: Intel i5 4460 (4 cores @ 3.2 GHz)
GPU: Gígabyte Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: 2 * 8GB DDR3-1600

HenkkaWRC

Since it is going to be quite arcade game, I voted for gamepad. My opinion is: definitely not wheel! I tried Flatout 1 once with my Driving Force GT and didnt like it at all. Wheels belong to simulators, gamepads to arcade. ;)

But still I think you should make a wheel support for the game.  :)
"If in doubt, Flat out" -Colin McRae

X

Been playing with a Keyboard since I started playing FO1. (Which is influenced by the fact I've never actually owned a wheel and still don't really plan to get one.)

GoldenApe

I'll probably be using an Xbox One controller; that'll probably/hopefully be out for PC as well by the time NCG launches.

Wheel controls have just never made sense to me, considering the arcade nature of the Flatout games, but hey, if NCG gets Oculus Rift support I'll dust off my G25 for sure.

NeatNit

As much as I loved playing Flatout 2 with a wheel on LAN with my friends when we had a school computer lab all to ourselves... I don't have a wheel anymore. I'll be playing with a keyboard, and a wheel is currently pretty low on my to-buy-if-I-have-money-to-spend list.

I don't really understand the point of this poll, though. You're going to support all three anyway, unless you're jerks which I know you're not. From my experience (I've had a bit, not a ton) fine-tuning controls is not that time-consuming. I don't see what difference it would make to development.

franky

Mainly Xbox 360 controller, but I will probably want to bust out my Steelseries SRW-S1 from time to time.

RacerBest

I'll probably be using an Xbox One controller; that'll probably/hopefully be out for PC as well by the time NCG launches.

Wheel controls have just never made sense to me, considering the arcade nature of the Flatout games, but hey, if NCG gets Oculus Rift support I'll dust off my G25 for sure.
Why would you get Xbox One controller for PC when you can get Xbox 360 controller for cheaper, and it works in all games?

KazzyMac

Why would you get Xbox One controller for PC when you can get Xbox 360 controller for cheaper, and it works in all games?
They look like they're going to be more comfortable to use than a 360 controller, and also the wired 360 thumbsticks are bad, my thumb keeps slipping off of them.
My Lam0r Rig:

Corsair Graphite 780T & Corsair H100i liquid cooler
Intel i7-3930K @ 4.2Ghz
16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB DDR3 2400Mhz RAM
MSI GTX980 4G OC, 4GB GDDR5
256GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD & 2TB Samsung SATA HDD
Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
27" Asus VS278Q (1ms)
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

RacerBest

Also PS3 controller can be used like X360 controller with Motioninjoy.  :) I use PS3 controller in every game I play on PC.

DESTROYER

Keyboard, cause it's a PC game!  :)
I don't like gamepads.
Also having a wheel that i'm using for "more realistic" racing games.

Janne Suur-Näkki

Thanks for your input, everyone, keep it coming.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

Masterjoc

xbox 360 wireless and with wire.