Gamepad
80 (43.2%)
Keyboard
49 (26.5%)
Wheel
56 (30.3%)

Total Members Voted: 184

Voting closed: October 02, 2013, 10:51:29 PM

Author Topic: POLL: Gamepad, keyboard or a wheel?  (Read 46258 times)

Joonas Laakso

I know that the money is a problem but pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease, just make it that some driving wheels are usable. Not all, take the 3 most common... one in every price range for example... anything.

We are already playing with wheels at the studio.

Bofe

I'd play with a wireless 360 pad.

Also, by the time the game releases, it'd be sweet if the game supported the xbone pad, since it has rumble in the triggers, and i've read that one of the best uses of that feature is for car games.

Andreaz1

Keyboard to be honest. Playing the old Flatouts with a keyboard was great and worked very well with those physics so I hope that won't change too much. ;)
ASUS Z97-A | Intel Core i5-4690K | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | ASUS GeForce GTX 780 | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | WD Black 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Cooler Master V750S | Cooler Master CM 690 III | Samsung S24D590L

jaketonic

Gamepad, I'm not a pc-gamer, even though i have lot's of games on pc and sometimes i play pc. so that's why gamepad. I Use ps and i hope that the game comes on ps too

NeatNit

I know that the money is a problem but pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease, just make it that some driving wheels are usable. Not all, take the 3 most common... one in every price range for example... anything.

We are already playing with wheels at the studio.
Can you please confirm that all 3 control options will be supported? The very existence of this poll worries me...

Joonas Laakso

Can you please confirm that all 3 control options will be supported? The very existence of this poll worries me...

Yes, of course. We will support keyboards, game controllers and wheels.

We are mainly interested to see if there's a strong preference for one control method in the community. That may then have some effect on game design, or not.

dbs213

Yes, of course. We will support keyboards, game controllers and wheels.

We are mainly interested to see if there's a strong preference for one control method in the community. That may then have some effect on game design, or not.

Well this is good I guess.

If Flatout plays well with a keyboard then so should NCG.
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 16GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 500GB Solid State Drive
======================================
[Insert snarky quote with no context here]

Purple44

This poll is surprising me. Surprise to see more players would use a gamepad than a wheel with a PC racing game, or is that console players voting, too.

Also surprise to see that many KB players still around. I knew some KB players online with Flatout 1 that were tough to beat!
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Usmovers_02

This poll is surprising me. Surprise to see more players would use a gamepad than a wheel with a PC racing game, or is that console players voting, too.

Also surprise to see that many KB players still around. I knew some KB players online with Flatout 1 that were tough to beat!

The amount of games that can make use of a controller is FAR larger than the amount of games that can make use of a wheel. Therefore there are FAR more players with controllers that don't want to spend money on a wheel.

RacerBest

Wheel is more expensive, takes more space and can't be attached to anywhere (for example my computer table shape doesn't allow me to attach my wheel on it), plus many don't want to use wheel unless the game is pure simulation.

That's why gamepad is popular choice on PC racing games too. I play every racing game with PS3 controller on PC.

Cornkid

Many console players have a wheel I believe.

I tried a wheel for a couple of games, but spent more time calibrating it than steering with it, lol.

For me the way to judge a good car game is using my gamepad, and leaning that much whilst cornering that I damn near fall out of my chair ;)

DarnHyena

Are keyboards really becoming a oddity these days in gaming? V:

Usmovers_02

I'd imagine that they're a dying trend in racing games for sure.

RacerBest

Are keyboards really becoming a oddity these days in gaming? V:
Keyboard is not good for racing games, with keyboard car controlling is not very precise.

St. Jimmy

Well many has a gamepad for PC if they have wired Xbox 360 controller and it's also way more cheaper and this is still an arcade game so it doesn't surprise me :)

Dunno if it's on my side but handling in FO1 was made for controller or keyboard. You don't get any precise with wheel because there's huge delay and some deadzone no matter how much I change settings at least with my wheel so I'm way more better with keyboard. Analog controls doesn't seem to have any advantage because of this.
I expect this to be very different in NCG because now this is PC only at first.
Official Wreckfest Discord
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,6GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR