Author Topic: Vertex paint, transparent textures (water, glass) and other strange things  (Read 2905 times)

The Very End

Sorry for bump, just having another two questions:

1: I got clutter masks to work, but I'm wondering - do they support multiple clutter groups? I have tested giving it both speedway01 / exampleclutter tags, but it will only use the first one. I have double checked that the clutter map actually has different colors, but I guess I just need to find out where to "tag" that second clutter group.

2: Does blend materials in Wreckfest support 4 textures? I have exported some interesting splatmaps which has the RGB textures, but as well has a 4th texture in the alpha channel as black color. How would I go about using all 4?

The Very End

Allright, to get my head onto a new project I felt the urge to digg into the game files a bit again, and I finally found out how to do multi-clutter with blending. Basically, the various clutter groups such as urban01, speedway01, exampleclutter, mixed5 etc have a range of various clutters to them with different weighting parameters. If you just tag your material with that tag they all will be put on same surface meaning it's A LOT of clutter and performance hit. However, the different clutters are assigned to different "colors", much like what we do in normal blend mapping. This means you can do following to distribute / blend various parts of the clutter group on your surface:

Create a xxx_clutter_mask_t file and a  xxx_clutter_color_t image. The clutter mask should be a normal blend map with different colors depending on different part of the clutter group you want to see. Black means no clutter is to be placed in that area. Clutter color let you overrite / change the color on the actual clutter. If done right you can use tags like #sandpit04 with a clutter map like this

to get:

blazngun

Thanks for reviving this thread TVE! Reading through filled in a bunch of knowledge gaps and gave me the kick in the butt i needed to take my tracks to the next level. Compared to your mad skills i'm a hack, but i've only really been interested in making stuff for me and a friend to have fun with so far. Learning all this has been fascinating!
Simxperience Accuforce Pro Wheel    Fanatec CSP v2's
Custom Ebay  hydraulic handbrake with Bodnar BU0836-LC
Sabertooth 990fx w/ 8350    Thermaltake 750w PSU    
16GB Corsair Vengeance       GTX-760 Ti 4GB