Author Topic: The Very TrackPack released!  (Read 32706 times)

The Very End

This is the picture I used to model the track:

While overall scale might be off, all the paths should be identically to that one, as I used the cheesy method of polygon modelling on top of the picture.

FalconXY

Thanks. So it looks like that the length of the chicanes are like the real track and the first one is shorter.

I think you don't have to change it.   :D 
I will test the new version later.
Intel i7-3770, 8GB RAM, ATI R9 390X 8GB, Win10 64bit, G27 wheel

The Very End

Thanks for your feedback, valuable info and helps myself improve :)

FalconXY

After testing this evening I can say that the current track layout is good. It's a great track. :D
The best fun for me since Mixed 1 which is also my favorite. 

AI is slower in the right small chicane way now. Good. :)

Not a major issue but noticeable:
AI is always making a swerve to the right just before the Y section. Is that intentional ?

On the Konsmo raceway with both ways of the Y the AI is always going straight the short way even if they are closer to the small right Y way.

Now we need Sprint Cup mode enabled again for this track.  :)
Intel i7-3770, 8GB RAM, ATI R9 390X 8GB, Win10 64bit, G27 wheel

The Very End

Thank you :)
The sway is to reduce their speed. The game has no way of forcing AIs to brake, meaning I must force them by doing very rapid turning before the part I want them to brake.

Yeah, I wants to make the AI support multiple paths, but for some stupid reasons the game crashed when I added more than one path. Tried all the tricks in the book for five days, yet all it did was to crash the game :/ This is why we have all the layouts, to make sure to have races with different AI paths :)

The Very End

Version 4.3 released:

* Pine Hills Raceway and Pine Hills Raceway Reverse added!
* Added a small heal player (repairs cars on impact) crate which can be found inside the pithouses of Pine Hills Raceway

Speedevil

Pine Hills absolutely kills my framerate (the Hot Wheels track does too), I think it's because the environment is too detailed, specifically the trees. Looks really cool though, even though I think the jumps they had in some DD tracks just doesn't fit Wreckfest.

The Very End

If you put shadows to low or off and at same time, does it help?

St. Jimmy

Konsmo Raceway - the best track in WreckFest currently. I've been driving that a lot today and I absolutely love it! Awesome job with that.

Then some feedback about Pine Hills. When going right way (not reverse) the first jump/ramp is angled bad so the car is launched IMO not in a good way. The second ramp is OK on both ways because it seems like it's smoothed out. The first one isn't as smooth and I assume that's causing problems with the jump. Here's comparison pictures so you get what I mean:

First ramp:

Second ramp:

The first jump also looks like it really builds up in the end that you can't see in the pic. It's probably bit too overdone. Being able to control the flight and landing would be nice but you can't do that with that first jump currently because of the ramp shape. Controlling the balance is done with brake and gas but the ramp build up angle makes it impossible to do that. Because of the /\ shape the timing to hit the brake to bring nose down or give some throttle pump to make the nose go up is veeery small.
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

St. Jimmy

Oh and one thing about the Pinehill Reverse version. You can just circle the start checkpoint and get 1s laptimes :P I see that you haven't added any other checkpoints for that.

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

The Very End

What? Is it only one cp lol? Will fix that upcoming week :)
As for big jump shape, reason for the little flip is due to prevent ass landings. If it was smooth the car's ass will all ways go down first, while the little dip makes it more front focused. Not perfect at all but not sure what shapes are the best :/

As for second, do you have any ideas of shapes that might work? On phone so cannot see that picture of yours well sorry.

Speedevil

If you put shadows to low or off and at same time, does it help?

Turning down the shadows doesn't have much of an effect, I'm pretty sure there's just too many trees on the screen at all times. I don't have any problem with Konsmo Raceway, for example.

St. Jimmy

What? Is it only one cp lol? Will fix that upcoming week :)
As for big jump shape, reason for the little flip is due to prevent ass landings. If it was smooth the car's ass will all ways go down first, while the little dip makes it more front focused. Not perfect at all but not sure what shapes are the best :/

As for second, do you have any ideas of shapes that might work? On phone so cannot see that picture of yours well sorry.
Yes I checked that there's only one checkpoint with the debug :D

At least player can control easily that the cars front comes first. Now that I think you probably did it to guide AI? If you say that with smoother the car's back will always come first then at least player could tap the brake quickly  to make the front come down first.

I'd say with some cars it would probably be even better to get the back come down bit more. Gatecrasher comes easily pretty front heavy. You can easily test what I mean with the controlled flight/launch in Gravel 1's jump. Give the brakes a little tap just when you're going to jump and the car lands front first ;)

But if you did it for the AI then I can understand that because they're not likely the wisest drivers when it comes to jumps :P

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

The Very End

As for trees, actually pretty similar amount from Konsmo, but the grandstands might be a bit intense...

As for jumps it is a bit back and forth really, and it is really difficult as some cars handles it while others...nope. Wish U could make it more predictable, but at those jump lengths we are operating with it is a bit of randomness to it all. Wish there was one ideal set up, but in reality with all the cars and physics I am not so sure :s

As for AIs ... don't get me started on those hehe!

Purple44

As for trees, actually pretty similar amount from Konsmo, but the grandstands might be a bit intense...

As for jumps it is a bit back and forth really, and it is really difficult as some cars handles it while others...nope. Wish U could make it more predictable, but at those jump lengths we are operating with it is a bit of randomness to it all. Wish there was one ideal set up, but in reality with all the cars and physics I am not so sure :s

As for AIs ... don't get me started on those hehe!

And next Build could change something in car physics or AI.   Then would have retweak things again. :P
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel