Author Topic: The Very TrackPack released!  (Read 35793 times)

The Very End

Version 5.1 released:

* Kristiansand Raceway (v2.0) added! Features a total facelift and added layouts. The four layuts are the standard, reverse, night, night reverse

Video:

Screenshot:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 05:31:43 PM by The Very End »

Daystar

Version 5.1 released:

* Kristiansand Raceway (v2.0) added! Features a total facelift and added layouts. The four layuts are the standard, reverse, night, night reverse

Video:

Screenshot:

Fun track Tor! and interesting enough my weathers work with the very track pack! without me adding them into the events thing. hmm very odd! lol
guess they lifted (took away) that req. lately?

The Very End

Thanks :D I have no idea haha! Have not altered the weather lately.

The Very End

Version 5.2 released:

* Orange Speedway has received two additional layouts (requested), named Orange Speedway Smaler and Orange Speedway Safer. First mentioned uses the infield oval while the latter adds additional destructible fences at the turns. Please be aware that due to the nature of physical objects and how they behave in game the hitboxes are not 100% and in additional the entrance to the small oval can be quite.... interesting in higher speeds. As allways thanks for support!

Small oval preview:

"Safer" walls preview:

oxygencube

Version 5.2 released:

* Orange Speedway has received two additional layouts (requested), named Orange Speedway Smaler and Orange Speedway Safer. First mentioned uses the infield oval while the latter adds additional destructible fences at the turns. Please be aware that due to the nature of physical objects and how they behave in game the hitboxes are not 100% and in additional the entrance to the small oval can be quite.... interesting in higher speeds. As allways thanks for support!

Small oval preview:

"Safer" walls preview:

Mate, great stuff. Im new ti modding WF and could ise all the help i could get. Is there any way you would be willing to zip and share one of your mods in raw with the Max working files and textires etc? I’ve got my tracks runnijg etc but would loce some help getting things textured well and seeing you’re making some great looking tracks I figured id ask.

Thanks!
Looking for a copy of Stuntfest for modding. Please PM :D
www.drewflet.com

The Very End

Most of the textures are Bugbear's own textures, so on most of my tracks I point the texture paths to BB own texture folders. This helps reducing the size 🙂
As for max file, I probably could pack that one track in an max file and share it, to get a general idea of geometry and object placements.
A sidenote here is that I utilize a lot of xrefs/references to BB Assets on the tracks, meaning that many objects will be simple boxes in a scene, but in runtime will be changed to the actual objects it refers to.

Will have to pack the file later, and then I'll upload it here.

Mr21by9

I got started with your tutorials but got stuck wanting to use xrefs but couldn't find the proper way to do it. Can't wait to look at how you did them with your placeholder boxes and make some tracks of my own!

Thank you

Purple44

End, if you just seeing placement holder boxes, then how you place object in the correct spot on the map? especially height?

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

The Very End

I'll answer you both in same reply :)

First out, the xref's. Basically, in max you click the Max icon in top left corner, find the references, chose xref and then you point to an max file of chosing. Now, the trick here is to have one simple object (box or whatever) in this max file, and save it as same name as an scne file. So, say I want to xref foliage_x_tree01, then I need to have an scne file in a folder with that name AND a max file named foliage_x_tree01. In max I xref that and export, but at runtime the game will read the scne file. That's how I link in BB's assets, even if I cannot see their shapes (a lot of guessing for spacing lol).

As for knowing if the objects are right - I don't. An example is if I want to xref a chainlink fance, and I want a line of them without vissible gaps. Then I have to export and test to find the actually width of the object, and when I got it right I just remember that and space them accordingly. In my max files it's a clutter of boxes and you would be surprised just how much work goes into guessing sizes and rotation of objects haha! :D
Oh, and pivot points desided the hight of the object. So I have made sure all my placeholder boxes for all objects has the pivot set to bottom of object, meaning most of them will be at ground level.

Hope this helps!

The Very End

Here is the base version of Orange Speedway btw. Please note that the xrefs will not work, but you can get a general idea how to structure them (ignore the error message at start). In addition there are no textures and such, but the idea is to show how things are structured. Let me know when you have downloaded it oxygencube.
Edit: link removed.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 07:25:10 PM by The Very End »

oxygencube

Here is the base version of Orange Speedway btw. Please note that the xrefs will not work, but you can get a general idea how to structure them (ignore the error message at start). In addition there are no textures and such, but the idea is to show how things are structured. Let me know when you have downloaded it oxygencube :)
https://mega.nz/#!k9ImRCrC!t8dTkO71Sl-jjNFNTfKBDSoswFHTy7dOrQX5Y7dep5U

Mate, you're the best! I may not get to it till late tonight but this will help me a ton! For using the stock WF textures did you just extract them with Breakfest? I was fooling with that last night trying to deconstruct how they've made theirs tracks using blend materials etc. In Max do you set them up to use TGAs and then when exporting the tools do all the conversion?
www.drewflet.com

The Very End

No worries, just happy to help others and fill in the gaps :)
Usually I just use breckfest to extract one tga, say the _c (color) one, then I duplicate it and call it _n etc (same as a corresponding bmap file). I don't pack it again, to make sure the original textures are safe. The tgas I leave in the original BB folder and point to it with max, at runtime the game ignores tga and reads the same filename with .bmap extension.

It's a bit short description, but I guess it is better to take one question at a time. Just fire away here and I'll answer when I got time!

oxygencube

Thanks man! Ive been fooling around with it tonight.
I’ve got the track building but textures are showing up pink. I think I’l going to start my own WIP thread so info doesn’t get all scattered. I’ll pot there and maybe you could help me get sorted.
www.drewflet.com

The Very End

Sure thing  :) Pink textures means the game cannot find the bmap texture. If the texture is there it most likely must be pointed at / pathed in 3ds max.