Author Topic: The Very TrackPack released!  (Read 12324 times)

sam223

End, if cowie still has the terrain models for his rfactor tracks in a format other than gmt and is willing to part with them, I wouldn't mind doing some of the grunt work to get them into wreckfest. Tried like hell to get rfactor GMT files imported to 3ds but plugins are incompatible with 3ds 2016.
Grab a copy of 3dsimed,you can export to .3ds from that
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

blazngun

Is 3dsimed capable of importing GMT files?
Simxperience Accuforce Pro Wheel    Fanatec CSP v2's
Custom Ebay  hydraulic handbrake with Bodnar BU0836-LC
Sabertooth 990fx w/ 8350    Thermaltake 750w PSU    
16GB Corsair Vengeance       GTX-760 Ti 4GB

The Very End

GMT files, are  those from any Rfactor or AC game? If so, yes I think :)

blazngun

Yeah GMT is rfactor content. If this works it will open up a bunch of possible conversions from rfactor. Question though regarding conversions of content from other modders. It is safe to say the majority of people who published content for rfactor are no longer active in that community, therefore no way of getting proper permission. If the published content doesn't specifically prohibit other use, is it ok to use if credit is given to original content creator?

The Very End

Hmm, I am not sure actually. If you cannot gain contact with the members I would say it's best not to release things which has not been approved, unless they have stated on the release that the stuff can be distributed freely. Maybe it's possible to track them down by email and contact them directly? Most people are happy to share their work as long as you ask in advance :)

sam223

Is 3dsimed capable of importing GMT files?

Its not actually the .gmt you want (i think that might be the track packed with textures). You need to extract the model from the .gmt using rfactor tools.
I wrote a little guide last year how to do it anyway http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,8875.msg85328.html#msg85328

Yeah GMT is rfactor content. If this works it will open up a bunch of possible conversions from rfactor. Question though regarding conversions of content from other modders. It is safe to say the majority of people who published content for rfactor are no longer active in that community, therefore no way of getting proper permission. If the published content doesn't specifically prohibit other use, is it ok to use if credit is given to original content creator?

Depends who it is,most of the UK scene is still active,you should be able to contact them. UKsom,madcowie etc.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 11:22:50 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad

Heddly

You can use 3DSimED3 to unpack the .mas files that contain the textures and .gmt (track) files. In 3dsimed3 click Home/Expand (UnPack), click rFactor .MAS, browse to the track .mas files, select and click open. It will ask for a folder to export to, select a folder or create a new one. I exported the textures .mas to the same folder.

Go to File/ Import as Objects, browse to folder, Select All and click open. Now the track is loaded. Export as .dae, .fbx, 3ds and more formats are available. I have not tried exporting the track I used to test, maybe will try later. I do not have 3dsMax so I cant test importing anyway. Hope this helps.

sam223

You can use 3DSimED3 to unpack the .mas files that contain the textures and .gmt (track) files. In 3dsimed3 click Home/Expand (UnPack), click rFactor .MAS, browse to the track .mas files, select and click open. It will ask for a folder to export to, select a folder or create a new one. I exported the textures .mas to the same folder.

Go to File/ Import as Objects, browse to folder, Select All and click open. Now the track is loaded. Export as .dae, .fbx, 3ds and more formats are available. I have not tried exporting the track I used to test, maybe will try later. I do not have 3dsMax so I cant test importing anyway. Hope this helps.
It definitely works via blender heddly. 3dsimed is the way i have been able to use very old nascar heat models (with permission of course) and then rebuild them over time.

blazngun

Thanks for the info guys. Will give it a go.

Rocket455Man

It definitely works via blender heddly. 3dsimed is the way i have been able to use very old nascar heat models (with permission of course) and then rebuild them over time.

Hi!

I can't wait these old good NASCAR cars in there (or UK bangers mod).
Nothing Beats Cubic Inches --- Bigger Is Better

Corsair Carbide Spec-03, AsRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer, Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5 GHz 6 Mb Cache, 2 x Asus Radeon R9 270X 4 Gb, Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz 16 Gb, Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120 Gb, Acer G276HL, Logitech G25, Win 7 Pro

sam223

Hi!

I can't wait these old good NASCAR cars in there (or UK bangers mod).

You are already playing them. Thats where the volvo etc came from. They started as a single mesh and then i modeled all the doors,trim etc with a bit of recycling of the AM4 example

Before and after

The Very End

Version 3.5 released:

* Red Pike Arena 2017 added!
* Red Pike Race 2017 added!

Preveiw Red Pike Arena:

Preveiw Red Pike Race (note that the barriers have changed since this video):

Edit: Updated again to fix the pink textures and removed the garage scene.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 08:42:55 PM by The Very End »

The Very End

Version 3.6 released:

* Lupines Hill added! Track started out originaly as an 10+ year old Lydden Hill 3D model, but as work continued on it I found myself taking more and more liberties which ultimately lead to the track looking a bit different than what the real Lydden Hill is. Lupines in the name comes from the flowers which is spread across the trackside of the track. Again, thanks for original model Stuart!

Edit: For measurements on how things changed from initial startpoint, here is a picture from the first working track with it's original shape / textures I received:
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 11:47:39 PM by The Very End »

The Very End

Quick update:

Version 3.6.1 released:

* Performance (less details) version of Lupines Hill added

The Very End

Version 3.6.2 released:

* Lupines Hill Performance version has received an overhault, should increase the performance

(Basically removing all the blend maps as they eats memory. The trees does not cause any performance impact, as I have tested it heavily, so they are in the performance version as well. If you struggle with FPS in the performance version I would suggest disabling the grass all-together as it requires a bit performance.