Author Topic: Early feedback  (Read 6564 times)

TheEngiGuy

I know it's still a very early build, but here's my feedback so far.
-So, I thought this game could be the spiritual successor of Stuntman and its arena editor mode, and now that I've played it I was a bit disappointed to see the lack of placeable cars/trucks/stuff like that in the editor for some crash testing.
In relation to this, add a Crash Testing gamemode. More damage = more points

-The environment is also dull and white, so I hope there will be arenas, stadiums, ovals and maybe Beamng-style maps for more visual goodness and more gameplay variety (proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2ddFxm2ags)
In addition, the ability to add different terrains in the in-game editor, where you want.

-Different drivers are a welcome addition, but I prefer to choose cars and drivers individually and not limit one car to one driver.

-The awesome rolls from early builds of Wreckfest are still missing in this game too, so both Stuntfest and actual Wreckfest version need physics improvements (especially Wreckfest, since it shouldn't have any sort of assist that tries to save your car from flipping over).

-Races would be a good addition in Stuntfest too. Arcadey/chaotic races through different gamemodes, and the ability to create AI paths in the editor. This game totally needs that!

-Last but not least, will there be mod support for placeable props (including destructible vehicles) and maps?

EDIT: even more suggestions
-Slow motion feature (possibly for track testing, free roam etc.)

-More props from the Sneak Peek 2.0, and more props from the Flatout games (soccer, rings of fire, etc.)

-Ability to look around using the mouse, both in driving mode and ragdoll mode.

-Some sort of multiplayer mode would do wonders.

-In the editor, the ability to change animation speed and start time for animated props (so that not all animated props will be sync-ed to each other).

-Ability to change the size of props.

-"Vehicle damage" setting should also affect car deformation, mechanical damage and tires, possibly make them separates settings.

-Ability to place custom text in the map.

This game has potential, but do consider these suggestions.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 11:40:22 AM by TheEngiGuy »

The Very End

Not testet it a lot, but seems enjoyable enough. The part I really like is that the objects does seem to be possible to move over to Wreckfest.
Thanks for that :]

Edit, it is! Same method as before, max file with same name as the scne file and load as xref (you will have to drag the object files over to Wreckfest). Also have to assign textures to it in the scne file - but that is not a biggie! Example - ramp moved over, applied a other texture to it.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 08:14:03 PM by The Very End »

TheEngiGuy

Not testet it a lot, but seems enjoyable enough. The part I really like is that the objects does seem to be possible to move over to Wreckfest.
Thanks for that :]

Edit, it is! Same method as before, max file with same name as the scne file and load as xref (you will have to drag the object files over to Wreckfest). Also have to assign textures to it in the scne file - but that is not a biggie! Example - ramp moved over, applied a other texture to it.

Nice job! Are animated props possible as well? That might help to make over-the-top tracks for Wreckfest.

I edited my first post and added more feedback, anyway.

The Very End

Yup, just copy them over, and make sure the references are right (dntp etc) :)

Purple44

Oh boy, more objects to use in custom Wreckfest tracks!  :D   I will have to see if there something in Stuntfest I can use in my suicide tracks.  :)

Have not yet get tryout Stuntfest yet. Been to busy posting!
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

rhamm

Stunt Course 2 is somewhat fun but the rest I could do without.  Even Stunt Course 2 isn't nearly as over the top as I'd hoped but it's got the right idea of what I think this game should be about.  The rest just seems to be a bunch of Flatout minigames in a separate package.

I know you're trying to get an E rating for Stuntfest but it would be a lot funnier with gibs. 

One thing I'd like to see is the tech demo level but with multiplayer.
Intel i7 3770 3.4Ghz, Geforce GTX 670
16GB DDR3
Fanatec Clubsport Wheel V2 with Porsche 918 RSR
V1 Clubsport Pedals plugged into wheel as 1 device

rhamm

I played around with the editor a little tonight and after driving inside the cannon Stan decided to go out the back wall and lose some weight.  I was rather disappointed I didn't have Shadow Play turned on.  Apparently the camera position is designed to track the ragdoll's head, which normally isn't all that noticeable if they have a normal length neck.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 07:46:25 PM by rhamm »
Intel i7 3770 3.4Ghz, Geforce GTX 670
16GB DDR3
Fanatec Clubsport Wheel V2 with Porsche 918 RSR
V1 Clubsport Pedals plugged into wheel as 1 device

cupcake_bullet

Just flushed myself down a giant toilet after driving a shopping cart off a ramp. All is well.

Zebulon55

A  blond with long braids named Swede has a viking helmet on and Swedish flag blue and yellow colors & drives a shopping cart.
Is this some kind of inside Scandinavian humor?   ;D

I'm kind of disappointed Granny's scooter isn't purple.  :(

basti4655

I7-6700K, GTX 770, 8Gb Ram, Win 10 64bit

Orbotnive T

Looks fun at least :) Could anyone share a short video of gameplay please? I'm not in a position to buy it yet and to be totally honest I'm not sure if I want to either.

I'd like to take a look though, and it might change my mind you never know.

PS
I played around with the editor a little tonight and after driving inside the cannon Stan decided to go out the back wall and lose some weight.

the image is broken, I'd like to see it though :)

TheEngiGuy

Looks fun at least :) Could anyone share a short video of gameplay please? I'm not in a position to buy it yet and to be totally honest I'm not sure if I want to either.

I'd like to take a look though, and it might change my mind you never know.

That's totally understandable.

I've done a quick livestream yesterday just to show the game to a friend of mine (so I wasn't playing "seriously" but mainly messing around). It will get removed automatically by Twitch in a few days. Sorry for the poor quality, but until someone uploads a better gameplay video, this'll do.
https://www.twitch.tv/theengiguy/v/92054702

Orbotnive T

Thanks for the link I'll look now :) rated winner post :D Sorry I can't rate it proper :/ Hasn't worked since I became mod, bah

conso1727

That's totally understandable.

I've done a quick livestream yesterday just to show the game to a friend of mine (so I wasn't playing "seriously" but mainly messing around). It will get removed automatically by Twitch in a few days. Sorry for the poor quality, but until someone uploads a better gameplay video, this'll do.
https://www.twitch.tv/theengiguy/v/92054702
"Italico Plasmide"
Voi mi state simpatico

Purple44

I have some feedback, but until the Bugbear Devs are active in the forum again, I will wait on posting it. :(
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel