Author Topic: Early feedback  (Read 4436 times)

Orbotnive T

Right, thanks again for the peek :) Here's my opinion. The editor looks as if it might be able to make some fun out of it. As had been said above the default so far seems a little lacklustre? :/

I don't think I'll be stressing about holding off for a while actually getting it but never say never.

I think that the vid posted put to rest all fears I may have had that Stuntfest may split the community, with that said I personally would like to actually race in some silly environments like that - with large stunts and pitfalls besides just running tracks alone. So if that became an option.. it may improve the appeal. 

It's already been said though how objects can be transferred to wreckfest so I suppose then we may see a few incorporated into custom tracks some time in the future for Wreckfest tracks anyway.  The main thing I got from the video was - how I'd like to get a half full (or more) server hosting CanyonX again sometime soon :D

Great fun.

All the best to bugbear despite my recent hounding. I'm only doing it because I care after all. No personal attacks and no wishing failure.. Pull in someone to manage community relations again that's all.

TheEngiGuy

Yeah, races should definitely be a must! Imagine all these deadly props, stunts and in-game editor with the ability to create AI pathing. The possibilities would be endless, and it would appeal to people who like arcade and chaotic races more than the simcade banger racing of Wreckfest.

rhamm

I was able to duplicate Stan's dieting action while I actually had Shadow Play turned on.

Intel i7 3770 3.4Ghz, Geforce GTX 670
16GB DDR3
Fanatec Clubsport Wheel V2 with Porsche 918 RSR
V1 Clubsport Pedals plugged into wheel as 1 device

Orbotnive T

FINISHED lol reminds me of old days looking for trouble in games, exploits, bugs etc that was the most fun  :)

I'd say that was intended but that would be a stretch

go on, groan

pben1

I won't be investing in Stuntfest, I know it's only a demo but it's doing noting for me.
Intel Xeon quad v3-1220@3.10ghz/ASUS Z97-A
Nvida GTX 960 2gb/16gb HyperX ram/Windows 10/ Thrustmaster TX Leather/ T3PA /G27 Shift

Finsku

Giving feedback is useless because BB people doesn't use this forum anymore.
And.. (oh what the hell, seriously?!) they didn't publish any news about playable Stuntfest!? I ... I can't understand this at all!

I'll think again about giving feedback when Bugbear will be more here in forums and they start to use some more... never

^ I'll fix those.. some day

YouTube | Twitter

The Very End

Yeah it's quite something that they cannot even be arsed to tell the public they have released the first playable version of Stuntfest...

rhamm

Stuntfest is VERY bare bones right now and not really worth investing any time or money.  If I hadn't gotten it for "free" for being at the Team Member level I would have immediately refunded this.
16GB DDR3

Mazay

The stunt map editor is especially cool. Good work with that. Hopefully we will get similar to wreckfest someday.

Also quite compatible, not that hard to add some assets with wf Blender tools.

Stuntfest is VERY bare bones right now and not really worth investing any time or money.  If I hadn't gotten it for "free" for being at the Team Member level I would have immediately refunded this.

I agree about bare bones, but did you miss it's pre-order and not finished product yet? "Estimated Release 2017"
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 10:51:19 PM by Mazay »

Desotho

So why do you post this here?  :P

rhamm

I agree about bare bones, but did you miss it's pre-order and not finished product yet? "Estimated Release 2017"

Nope, didn't miss that.  I find it really strange they'd release Steam keys to it without any explanation of why because there's no playable game at all right now unless you're a modder.  It's the kind of thing you only release to people who already know what to expect in advance.  Bugbear's behavior with this Stuntfest release has been really strange.
16GB DDR3

Finsku

So why do you post this here?  :P

I just wanted to share my thoughts. BB has abandoned the forums so why to share feedback.. ;)

Nope, didn't miss that.  I find it really strange they'd release Steam keys to it without any explanation of why because there's no playable game at all right now unless you're a modder.  It's the kind of thing you only release to people who already know what to expect in advance.  Bugbear's behavior with this Stuntfest release has been really strange.

My thoughts are the game is what BB want it to be: easy to play/use and a simple game. What they will do (imo) they will add sharing option, more ready-made levels, more objects & terrains and bug fixing.
Also maybe they will add terrain editing, level progress (you need 10 thumbs to get access to next level) and mod support (share your maps with objects made by you).

^ I'll fix those.. some day

YouTube | Twitter

St. Jimmy

Copy paste of objects is needed so the object you've copied is pasted the same height and way the copied one is.

Then none of the ramps feel good for high jump in my opinion.

Then I don't understand the long jump a all. The bombs and stuff has greater chance to throw you back rather than forward.

Also I noticed there's controls to flip the car when you're in the air. The thing is that they're in WASD and I couldn't find a way to change those so I can't change driving controls to WASD.
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Mazay

Copy paste of objects is needed so the object you've copied is pasted the same height and way the copied one is.
Hold down shift to clone?

I wish ctrl+z would work, and that you could rotate stuff while placing. Short right click to rotate 90 degrees for example.

St. Jimmy

Hold down shift to clone?

I wish ctrl+z would work, and that you could rotate stuff while placing. Short right click to rotate 90 degrees for example.
Ah thanks. I tried check the UI for hints but didn't find any, ctrl+c/ctrl+v and tried right clicking. Didn't realize to hold shift.
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR