Author Topic: Early feedback  (Read 5045 times)

Finsku

Copy paste of objects is needed so the object you've copied is pasted the same height and way the copied one is.
Hold down shift to clone?

I wish ctrl+z would work, and that you could rotate stuff while placing. Short right click to rotate 90 degrees for example.

Ctrl + Z works
You can rotate a object clicking 1 after moving the object. Clicking 1 again it changes back to the move tool.

Also I would like keys from Trackmania track editor:
Enter -> Test track (without confirmation)
Backspace -> Restart (without confirmation)

EDIT:
Fun to know, you can find Stuntfest information and update history here:
https://steamdb.info/app/516730/history/
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 06:04:50 PM by Finsku »

St. Jimmy

EDIT:
Fun to know, you can find Stuntfest information and update history here:
https://steamdb.info/app/516730/history/
Seems like someone is working on Stuntfest because it was changed today.

I still wonder why there was no announcement in the forums at least...
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

pben1

I don't understand why BB have started with StuntFest when there's so much unfinished work in WreckFest. ::)
Intel Xeon quad v3-1220@3.10ghz/ASUS Z97-A
Nvida GTX 960 2gb/16gb HyperX ram/Windows 10/ Thrustmaster TX Leather/ T3PA /G27 Shift

Purple44

I don't understand why BB have started with StuntFest when there's so much unfinished work in WreckFest. ::)

Bugbear was in serious need for some more working capital to finish Wreckfest. I bet the investing partner Bugbear took on is going get a good share the profits for Stuntfest and maybe some the profit for the console versions of Wreckfest.

http://www.wreckfestgame.com/wreckfest-console-versions-and-stuntfest-announced/

STUNTFEST, A NEW GAME COMING SOON!

In other exciting news we’ve teamed up with an investing partner for an entirely new game project.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Janne Suur-Näkki

The reason why there hasn't been in an official announcement is that we wanted to give you guys an early chance to test the build to get a bit of feedback in case there's something that we want to improve or fix before the game is officially launched in Early Access. Also, we're working on adding a Steam Workshop support to Stuntfest already at this early stage because we view it's something that's pretty important for a game like this.

We're working on Wreckfest and Stuntfest side by side, so it's definitely like Wreckfest would be in statis until Stuntfest is completed.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

The Very End

By "statis", you mean static or what? Or did you mean "so it is definitely not like...be static / sleep"?

Janne Suur-Näkki

Sorry for being vague, I meant that work is continuing on Wreckfest as well at a constant pace.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

TheEngiGuy

It's been a while, Janne. Thanks for dropping by!
Since there was a month of silence, many people got worried and negative reviews on Steam started to show up again. Communication is important!

Janne Suur-Näkki

We're sorry about that, even though we know it's important for you guys to know where we're at there were just so much to sort out with people still on holidays, us moving office due to the on-going renovations at our previous one and trying to get Stuntfest to a more or less presentable state. I've also had some personal health problems and as you might have noticed since it's pretty much only me now that's looking after the forums you kind of notice the absence.

The Very End

And what you say is completely understandable, nothing wrong with it or nothing against in - if anything I am sorry to hear about the struggles. It is not like we want to be unreasonable or harsh, even tho we come across as blunt and moaning (ref post in fix your game topic). But as you see, just writing that one post answered three questions. Why wouldn't it be better to write about the moving of office and other struggles as a pre-caution measure to prevent speculations and harm from community?

Instead of bringing news after people bring them up, be ahead. That way no one can use it against you. Everyone would understand that moving takes time and effort, but when you do not say it people are confused.

Again, best of wishes both in health and moving, but please, at least see the value of communication. And if that is a bit much, why not hire one from the community to have responsibility to post news on behalf of you? We are more than willing to do it for free if you let us (just make a business contract when it comes to secrecy's \ ethics. Hell, I'd do it for free (education in It and IT development / IT in society)).
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 02:01:45 PM by The Very End »

Facial_Burns

I think its harsh to blame janne for the lack of communication or telling him that he should have just said this a while ago, Its not his job to deal with the forum yet the tries his best to do it, i did mention a little while ago that they were moving office, but no one took notice and kept complaining, i think we all have too remember the only person who actually helps us dosent have much power too fix the issues which is a shame, And when he is out of the office we have nothing, The real thing we need is for the other devs to get on the forum and too find away to get them on the forum would be the real issue,
My steam group where u can always find some friends on NCG
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WRCserver
My NCG discord server
https://discord.gg/010U99akJwUY82yjk

Basic pc specs:
16gb ram
Amd athlon FX 8350 8 core
nividia gtx 970
gigabte motherboard
3tb hdd
windows 8.1 pro

Finsku

We're sorry about that, even though we know it's important for you guys to know where we're at there were just so much to sort out with people still on holidays, us moving office due to the on-going renovations at our previous one and trying to get Stuntfest to a more or less presentable state. I've also had some personal health problems and as you might have noticed since it's pretty much only me now that's looking after the forums you kind of notice the absence.

JANNE! I'm so happy to see you answered and gave answers for us why we didn't hear anything from you. @___@

TheEngiGuy

No problem! Thanks for clearing that up.
I mean, we might sound harsh sometimes, but it's only because we care. As "The Very End" said, it's also recommended to be ahead and let people know what's going on in advance, otherwise they might think how the game's development is coming to a stop and that would be a bad thing for the game's future. A community manager would do wonders.

Glad you're okay, by the way!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 12:27:30 PM by TheEngiGuy »

conso1727

Glad to see you back, Janne. Believe me, the majority of us was not outright against you, we trust Bugbear professionally speaking, but the lack of communication was really upsetting.
Even a simple tweet like "We are moving into a new office, please bear with us!" would have helped with the situation. Best of luck with your work.

St. Jimmy

The reason why there hasn't been in an official announcement is that we wanted to give you guys an early chance to test the build to get a bit of feedback in case there's something that we want to improve or fix before the game is officially launched in Early Access.
OK I almost write an assumption along that line because friends can't even see the game I'm playing. Usually that means the game is in "closed testing". Nice to see you back.

The flu season was pretty bad again in this year. 4 weeks and I still can't physically stress myself too much without a risk.

Also good to hear the office moving/change now officially.
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR