Author Topic: Early feedback  (Read 4395 times)

Orbotnive T

come on guys it's supposed to be about early feedback. There's threads more appropriate to talk on recent trajectories.

I know I have veered off course too lately. Let's just try and keep things in their place. No problem with people displaying their opinion.

St. Jimmy

come on guys it's supposed to be about early feedback. There's threads more appropriate to talk on recent trajectories.

I know I have veered off course too lately. Let's just try and keep things in their place. No problem with people displaying their opinion.

I'm not a moderator but most of the posts lately would belong in somewhere else like http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,9266.0.html

This is a topic about early feedback for Stuntfest
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

ville672

Here's somekind of feedback:
- menus look very good
- somehow it's more boring than original flatout minigames
- the editor is good but starts glitching after a while and might crash the game
- the editor should show the direction of the objects movement
- option to disable collecting coins for vehicles

I think the game is fun for a while but it slows down wreckfest development. :P
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 06:39:54 AM by ville672 »
Specs: i7-4770, GTX 970, 12gb ram, win 10 Pro

TheEngiGuy

Added some more feedback.

In the meantime, I was in the mood to make a stunt course. Check it out if you want, and let me know what you think!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=777290995

Aerotactics

Copy paste of objects is needed so the object you've copied is pasted the same height and way the copied one is.
Hold down shift to clone?

I wish ctrl+z would work, and that you could rotate stuff while placing. Short right click to rotate 90 degrees for example.

ctrl+z DOES work :)

EDIT: Just noticed Purple responded to that. ctrl+click works too (selecting more than 1 prop).

On topic:

My suggestions:
- Change colors of props option (right now its like the void out there)
- Change grid spacing option (right now the grid is fixed, would be cool if we could change the angle and spacing amount)
- Add scripts ( such as if I wanted a propeller to start up only when player is in a range of 10, or if I want to make a propeller move along a line as it's spinning)
- Add "source code" option to Workshop (such as when a player goes to publish a map, they can choose to allow source, or lock the map otherwise, so whoever downloads the map can load the map in the editor or not)
- Add a tutorial for the map editor (include camera movement, object movement, etc.)
- On the vehicle spawn object, add a model of the default car so we can get a size estimate on our tracks and props.
- Add an easier restart option, like the "R" key, which restarts the level with our current chosen character, instead of opening the menu, choosing restart, choosing a new character, etc.
-Add spikes

Some of my suggestions were already made in the first post.

Bugs:
- Props rapidly teleporting while being held sometimes.
- The "hinged platform" has strange physics when trying to drive a car on it, almost looks like the car is sinking.

EDIT: wrong name, fixed.
EDIT 2: politics
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 03:35:51 AM by Aerotactics »

Purple44

About the Stuntfest editor, right now we just have the move arrows to move a object around the map. But say you want to do 10 barriers in a row with the same spacing between each barrier, that can be hard to do with just eyeing it with a mouse.

But if there was also an option to show objects X, Y, Z coordinates, then I could just add 5 points more to each barrier Z coordinates and I would then have equal spacing between all 10 barriers.

Sometimes it can be quicker moving an object by typing in the coordinates where you want an object to be.

This feature would make it a little easier to make a custom map.  :D
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel