Author Topic: Update 2016-10-14  (Read 15410 times)

sam223

brake light shattering?

P.S Don't hate people for driving terribly devin. That is some peoples fun. If it bothers you, you can always settle it the next race by destroying them on turn 1
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 09:46:44 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=740683245

Orbotnive T

Just noticed AM4(ii) steering column + wheel rotating after damage. Like a big hand wave u know, left/right steering :P

Pity that I was too late mentioning the roof crushing and sliding problem for this update (well technically I mentioned it ages ago but anyway-) , it almost seems even worse now with the extra car deformation. But still, hopefully it can be tweaked as a patch some time. With the wrong way limiter on it's practically impossible to turn cars over from it now, and still unlikely without it :)

If the servers up don't have reset on and they don't often.. You get unlucky on the first few corners you're likely going to have a long wait :/

EDIT: oh and another thing, FOV settings in options don't seem to do anything anymore :)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 10:01:04 PM by Orbotnive T »

hande11

Thanks for the update! Only few laps behind (AM1 in tarmac), but i liked the keyboard tweaks and used my old settings (in signature) and immediately recognized, that keyboard feels now more accurate. You can do small nudges to slightly steer on high-speed straight lines, but also steering on corners, maintaining slide, counter steering, coming out of corners feels more stable.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 11:37:41 AM by hande11 »
i5 2500K, 8GB RAMDDR3 1600, Win7 64-bit
GTX 560 DCII TOP, 1GB GDDR5, Controller: keyboard (current generic powersliding biased test setup)
Elwood: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration.. don't fail me now!"

Janne Suur-Näkki

Hey, thanks for all the feedback, it's been a great read! I'm not our whole team but I'll chime in quickly to comment on some of the stuff that's been mentioned to best of my ability.

Orbotnive T, I received your message, thanks for it, but I didn't have an opportunity to get back to you yet. My apologies.

New game modes, joker lap, score for pitting and turning over opponents
Yes, new game modes are something we're planning on adding but only later, when the base game is in a more complete shape. We already have full support for joker laps (as well as folk-racing style heats with only some drivers advancing to the next), it's just not been used in any game mode yet. As for getting score for pitting and turning over opponents, I think that could be added to the game modes that we already have, and as a matter of fact we have already implemented basic detection for such events, it just needs to be improved slightly to make it more robust.

The new AM4 with 246PP
Any mods enabled, perchance? I have a clean save and the banger AM4 has 190PP.

Keyboard handling
Glad to hear it sounds like the update was worth it. It's still pretty difficult without using any assists, but there's only so much you can do without designing the whole handling/driving model for one specific control device. That said, more clever keyboard assists would definitely help. Speed Sensitivity has a huge effect on how easy it is to "aim" the car because it prevents the wheels from turning too much when making small corrections, but in general it's difficult to set it up so that it works nicely for every track. Please do keep your feedback coming, we're constantly evaluating where we're at.

Steering wheel being dislocated
Now the steering wheel deforms with the rest of the car (no more floating wheel, yay!), but it sometimes results in the steering wheel moving away from the in-car camera viewport.

Lagging in online
I agree, optimizing online performance should be one of our top priorities. Lagging is frustrating in any online game and even more so in a semi-realistic racing game that requires precise control for almost 100% of the time. Not only that, but if you only race online you will not experience the handling as it was intended because it starts to deteriorate even with relatively well performing connection.

Another issue that's lowering the enjoyability of the game online is that different players have a different idea on how the game should be played, and this is actually something we're not sure how to go about. There are a lot of people who simply like to crash and burn, and while there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, it's frustrating to those players who'd like to race, perhaps with an occasional contact here and there. I'm also guessing that due to difficulties in keeping the car under control, whether it's from lag or just because the game's more difficult than people expect, people unintentionally cause crashes. Also, some players might get frustrated to the difficult and just start trolling around.

Sliding on roof
We'll see whether there's anything we can do to improve the situation. We could easily increase body friction, but it can cause the vehicles to bounce more violently when hitting the terrain.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

Devin

The new AM4 indeed has 246 points, Janne :P It's not much faster though, seems to be just the number for me

Janne Suur-Näkki

Really? It won't be if you delete your save game (which you obviously shouldn't do just for testing). We'll try to figure out what gives.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

Hoppen

It is when you buy all of the best upgrades for it in the shop.
Xeon e3-1231v3, 16GB, GTX 970, Win10 64bit, Xbox 360 Pad

Janne Suur-Näkki

Yep, that explains it. It's around 300 kg lighter, that's what makes the huge difference in PP.

hande11

Btw, has anybody have experienced game being somehow "faster"? Or maybe it's FOV thing (driving with cockpit view) i suspect it's most possibly just too long week behind.. but had to ask :)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 11:33:54 PM by hande11 »
i5 2500K, 8GB RAMDDR3 1600, Win7 64-bit
GTX 560 DCII TOP, 1GB GDDR5, Controller: keyboard (current generic powersliding biased test setup)
Elwood: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration.. don't fail me now!"

Hoppen

I like the new track, have already had some pretty good racing on it, nice and wide, with lots of tricky corners. All it needs, is a lot more polish and finishing touches to it, like the majority of tracks do.

Regarding multiplayer lag, it's actually mostly a dedicated server issue I think, I just had some races on a 350~ ping player hosted server, and found it remarkably playable, no steering lag whatsoever, and very little vehicle warping (with 2k~ prediction). Will post a video below of a race from that server.

My main issue with the lag I see on dedicated servers, is for some reason after they've been up for a certain amount of time, the steering progressively gets laggier and laggier, and also i'm not a fan of seeing vehicles warp due to lag, i'd much rather that be smoothed out somehow, even if it's not actually where the vehicles "are".

Another issue I have, is that the rear still falls slightly faster than the front over jumps, it's giving me a few issues on the new track, in these front engine vehicles, the front really should be coming down before the rear.

Handling is still feeling great to me on a 360 pad, like it did in the last update.

I look forward to more polish and extra features added to the game in the future :)

One last thing, are the leaderboards broken for the new tracks? Also, we could probably do with a leaderboard wipe, and a word on if Bugbear will do anything about corner cutting would also be nice, to placate those who have a huge issue with it :)

Hoppen

Btw, has anybody have experienced game being somehow "faster"? Or maybe it's FOV thing (driving with cockpit view) i suspect it's most possibly just too long week behind.. but had to ask :)

Seems exactly the same to me :) But I have a slightly customised camera.

conso1727

As for getting score for pitting and turning over opponents, I think that could be added to the game modes that we already have, and as a matter of fact we have already implemented basic detection for such events, it just needs to be improved slightly to make it more robust.
Consider me interested.
Also, with all the car mods that are out, it's a shame you still can't force the AI to use a single car, that would make for very fun races.

Facial_Burns

The new AM4 with 246PP
Any mods enabled, perchance? I have a clean save and the banger AM4 has 190PP.

nope standard online vanilla game :) Am4 (ii) has 346 rating
My steam group where u can always find some friends on NCG
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WRCserver
My NCG discord server
https://discord.gg/010U99akJwUY82yjk

Basic pc specs:
16gb ram
Amd athlon FX 8350 8 core
nividia gtx 970
gigabte motherboard
3tb hdd
windows 8.1 pro

Hoppen

Can we please have an option to turn off the new crowds? they look great and all, but they seriously tank my framerate, Oval 1 went from very smooth to me, to being borderline unplayable (swings from 40-120FPS and very stuttery, when it used to hold 80+ FPS).

TheEngiGuy

Can we please have an option to turn off the new crowds? they look great and all, but they seriously tank my framerate, Oval 1 went from very smooth to me, to being borderline unplayable (swings from 40-120FPS and very stuttery, when it used to hold 80+ FPS).

How could static 2D dudes tank your framerate so much?  :o