Author Topic: Update 2016-10-14  (Read 22352 times)

Janne Suur-Näkki

[

Dear Wreckers, the latest update for Wreckfest is out. New content is something that’s always high on anyone’s wishlist, and we’re happy to let you know that this update contains a rough and ready banger racing inspired variant of American 4 (pictured above), guaranteed to strike fear in anyone racing ahead of you. The update also introduces a completely new mixed-surface racing track Mixed 4 as well as adds a second route to Mixed 3.

Something that you’ll also instantly notice when trying out some of the older tracks like Mixed 1 is that there are now spectators around tracksides. We think they spice up the environment nicely and give the tracks a way more authentic edge. Mind you, what you’re seeing is just the first iteration, and in future we’ll be adding more spectators, improving their placement and of course decorating all of our tracks with them.

CHANGELOG:

* Added a new work-in-progress track, Mixed 4.
* Added a banger racing variant of American 4.
* Added Route 2 and Route 2 Reverse for Mixed 3.
* Added new spectators to a few selected tracks.
* Tweaked keyboard controller (set Speed Sensitivity to ~85).
* Improved visual damage.

Thanks for your support!
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

RickyB

Now this sounds interesting...  (for us oldschool keyboard users)
* Tweaked keyboard controller (set Speed Sensitivity to ~85).
* Improved visual damage.

:)  8)  :D 

BenDover

Thanks! Will test it out right away :)
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

TheEngiGuy

Was expecting a bit more since it's been almost 3 months, but thanks for the update nonetheless.
I just hope you guys will be able to bring us a good amount of brand new cars for the release!

Loving the improved visual damage, by the way.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 07:17:54 PM by TheEngiGuy »

Daystar

Grabbing this sucker now! hopefully Keyboard play is much better than our previous build. Thanks for the update Janne!

FalconXY

Finally an update and a sign of life from Bugbear devs.  ;)

But I must say that I'm dissapointed about NO NEW single player game modes.  ::)

As the modders have shown in the past few weeks:
They can build really cool tracks and new cars.

So for my fun in the game Bugbear doesn't need to concentrate on that part and put all the work into new game modes that makes this game even more fun.

I'm still waiting for the wrecking racing points mode for turning other cars.
That is the main reason why I have bought this game.

Please more game modes next time. Thank you.  :D
Intel i7-3770, 8GB RAM, ATI R9 390X 8GB, Win10 64bit, G27 wheel

TheEngiGuy

But I must say that I'm dissapointed about NO NEW single player game modes.  ::)

So for my fun in the game Bugbear doesn't need to concentrate on that part and put all the work into new game modes that makes this game even more fun.

SUICIDE RACE! It should be a must.

Facial_Burns

Love the new Am4 XD but the 246 rating?  Will other cars get this in the future?
My steam group where u can always find some friends on NCG
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WRCserver
My NCG discord server
https://discord.gg/010U99akJwUY82yjk

Basic pc specs:
16gb ram
Amd athlon FX 8350 8 core
nividia gtx 970
gigabte motherboard
3tb hdd
windows 8.1 pro

Devin

Hooray! Car is amazing just like the other ones in recent updates!
Mixed 4 is even more amazing! It's already my favourite track!

Steering with keyboard is much easier now, but it feels a little hard to "aim" so there goes some time each lap. Well, at least I don't constantly spin anymore, so that's a big improvement :D

Btw: New track has joker lap. Now we need a game mode with joker lap. Make it happen! :D

Paul_B

Nice to see an update like the new track side buildings. But a major bug with American 4 when in car cam, the steering wheel goes off center detaches from the steering column ?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 08:38:51 PM by pben1 »
Intel Xeon quad v3-1220@3.1ghz/ASUS Z97-A
Nvida GTX 960 2gb/16gb HyperX ram/Windows 10/ Thrustmaster TX Leather/ T3PA /G27 Shift

Daystar

Cool visual damage, I am digging it!  :D still extensively testing this build.

Facial_Burns

Noticed a cool touch, the steering wheel deforms now XD
My steam group where u can always find some friends on NCG
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WRCserver
My NCG discord server
https://discord.gg/010U99akJwUY82yjk

Basic pc specs:
16gb ram
Amd athlon FX 8350 8 core
nividia gtx 970
gigabte motherboard
3tb hdd
windows 8.1 pro

Ruben Bugbear

Nice to see things are starting up again, but i agree, nice update and all , love new cars and tracks, but when will there be big updates that really matter like game modes, menu's soundtracks, etc. You guys are planning that to do before the end of this year.. .? or did i read the site wrong? Anyways, keep workin! Doing great, love you guys but put some pedal to the metal :D
Specs: AMD FX+ 8350, Sapphire R9 290, 16GB Corsair Vengeance, SSD 250GB

Devin

Oh that was fast, game crashed already while typing in the lobby. Hasn't happened to me before. Hopefully just a random crash and nothing that'll happen anymore often.

Also, I now remember why I stopped playing this game online. While it can be fun when you know people, it's just absolute cancer with randoms. It takes one idiot to ruin the whole race for everyone and usually half the randoms behave like absolute morons. Going the wrong way (even when it slows them down), cutting corners so much that it doesn't count as a lap just to spin and crash into others, going absolutely crazy when they get lapped and randomly trying to take out leaders, cutting the track so incredibly much that it isn't even funny anymore.

It's sad really that it's more fun to race against bots (or just one or two guys, if I know both of them) even though bots are way too slow for me and can't ever replace a human player.

People just piss each other off all the time online, then complain about getting pissed off, then doing the same to others just so that the whole thing repeats over and over again until after just one or two races it simply ends in absolute chaos. I really wish people would actually try to race for once in race mode and leave the dumb suicidal kamikaze attacks for derbies. Or even better, stop that altogether because even in derbies it not only makes them lose, but also takes away the fun.

I wouldn't ever want to wait 10 minutes just to reverse into everyone at the start and to cut the next corner to crash into some random poor guy, especially if I can't continue the race then and have to wait for another ten minutes.

Also, now that the update is out, while keyboard controls are actually better now, people online complain even more. Problem is that the majority of people don't understand that it's lagging so badly, so they just think the controls are so bad. So, even though I thought keeping the server wasn't too bad, it turns out that it's still the worst problem by far when it comes to racing online with many people.
In the end, no physics change could ever make the controls any better online if it stays like this. The only way would be to host a non-dedicated server on a machine that's connected to good internet.

Oh and another thing that I noticed while racing on Mixed 4: My framerate randomly dropped from 100 to less than 30 (and it actually looked like 15). Sometimes it looked like 20 and it was still at 80. That only seemed to happen after a while of playing with several players.

tl;dr while I absolutely hate playing online, at least the absolute majority of that hate is caused by the community rather than the game itself. The game is alright and fun! It feels like people still confuse this game with Burnout's crash mode or something.

Ruben Bugbear

Wow, what's that random red sparkle particle :P ? I first thought, seriously, they added cartoony blood XD ? I have no mods installed :P
Specs: AMD FX+ 8350, Sapphire R9 290, 16GB Corsair Vengeance, SSD 250GB