Author Topic: 3D Track Creation Live Stream over 12 weeks  (Read 1057 times)

tads421

Good Evening everyone!

I am going to be doing a track creation live stream "course" starting on 16th Nov. Please see details attached in PDF format and a snippet of what i will be covering on week 1. I will be doing this for 1 hour once a week for 12 weeks. (Wednesdays)

http://tads.me.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/TrackCreation.pdf

Thanks
TADS

Orbotnive T

Really, thanks for this :) The only problem for me is I can't afford max or photoshop if only it was done using gimp and blender then anyone could follow along.

But that's not a criticism. I'm interested in watching anyway

Edit: I see £17 a month for PS isn't bad, but I'm not a student when it comes to max. Too bad :D
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 12:47:06 AM by Orbotnive T »

tads421

Thanks Orbotnive T for your comment :)

The photoshop i have (CC) only cost me like £9 a month see link below, i use it for work aswell and can install on 2 pc's or mac's (i have mine on one pc and one mac).
https://creative.adobe.com/plans?single_app=photoshop&promoid=65FN7XFX&mv=other&store_code=gb

as for blender i have only ever opened it to view models and never worked in it, maybe i could have a look after this one and see if i can work it out or if someone want's to also do blender and follow my video so we have both blender and max that would be great! i would even upload to my channel so they are both there. i will also look at Gimp see what i can do for you and other people as the only reason i use photoshop is i use it most of the day anyways.

TADS

Orbotnive T

Thanks again then :) I've had plenty of experience with PS in the past and found gimp to be confusing as a result. As for modelling I learned how to use milkshape years back in a primitive way but never got to really understand blender despite having a go. And max until the pay as you go stuff at least was too expensive to look at

I would love to follow your lead with the hand holding offered through creating a basic track for wreckfest, but aside from doing naughty stuff (lol) I'll be left out. I'm sure though that it will be a great asset to others. It takes time and effort to help others and I respect it :) Well done mate if I may call you that :)

sam223

Cant you still get 3dsm and photoshop (CS2) free as student? And by student, im sure it didnt state that you had to be enrolled anywhere, so this could be considered a lesson? Don't quote me on that btw, i use blender and PS CS5.1
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

tads421

Cant you still get 3dsm and photoshop (CS2) free as student? And by student, im sure it didnt state that you had to be enrolled anywhere, so this could be considered a lesson? Don't quote me on that btw, i use blender and PS CS5.1

Hi Sam, no photoshop for students is now a paid for thing, its still $9 for photoshop or £16 for everything (as a student) as for 3DS Max you have to show what school/higher education you are in to get it.

I have downloaded Gimp and i will have a bit of a look later tonight see what it is like.

Kev

Devin

I can assist if you decide to use Blender as well, I get why most people don't have Photoshop or 3DS Max. So much money for almost no difference :P
It's really not much different to use Blender instead of Max, at least the outcome isn't.

Are you planning to do 3d modeling or just making a track ready for the game? Both can be done in Blender if you watch the official tutorials (an hour long I think) and if you have previous 3d modeling experience. The only thing I can't tell you about right now is how to do AI lines in Blender, since I've always modeled those by hand. I think Dummy released a plugin for that

tads421

Now moved the start to Next week, 23/11/2016 see if we can advertise it a bit more.

slidewaysrush

Thinking you should start doing this again tads would be awesome!!