Author Topic: SURVEY! Let's hear your opinion.  (Read 4792 times)

Daystar

Just want to pipe in real quickly... I really really hope and pray that the Am1 car gets better steering control. as it stands, the am4 is far superior in steering around corners. the am1 really blows with it's god awful under steering!!!!!!! Thank you for listening, and have a fine day.

Note:I use keyboard.

atvracer87

Took the survey, I would like to see a career mode with different series, and i would like to see permanent cosmetic car damage, so over time you would either need to buy new car panels or a whole new car all together.

Devin

Took the survey, I would like to see a career mode with different series, and i would like to see permanent cosmetic car damage, so over time you would either need to buy new car panels or a whole new car all together.
If you limit that damage to the career mode and also have an option to slightly fix cosmetic damage after each race (with a big hammer of course :P ) that sounds like a great idea, I'd actually like to try that. It might be hard to make it so that you can replace every single car part when it's broken, but maybe permanently lost panels (when they detach after a crash for example) that need replacement or something like that could be really exciting in combination with some deform fixing. Who knows, maybe we get such a feature! I wouldn't mind, makes me try to get as little damage to my car as possible and adds some challenge :D

noID3A

For the way cars drive I would like to have them more on the slidy side. At the time I suffer from lots of wiggling as you go on throttle too fast. I would like cars to behave as in flatouts, easier slide and cornering control, but I like that more realisting touch to driving that is currently implemented.

Orbotnive T

With practice you can slide the hell out of cars as it is, it's just a matter of time.

I feel there ought to be a certain level of skill to manage it without spinning out though, I remember playing flatout 1 for the first few hours and thinking - this is awful! Understeer galore and I can't keep up with the back of the pack...

But I persevered and got the hang of it - and the handling revealed itself, I gradually figured it out and it was great

Same goes for wreckfest. Watch a few of hoppens vids or whatever you can come across and eventually you'll be able to be sliding nice with complete control too :)

« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 12:39:55 AM by Orbotnive T »

sam223

With practice you can slide the hell out of cars as it is, it's just a matter of time.

I feel there ought to be a certain level of skill to manage it without spinning out though, I remember playing flatout 1 for the first few hours and thinking - this is awful! Understeer galore and I can't keep up with the back of the pack...

But I persevered and got the hang of it - and the handling revealed itself, I gradually figured it out and it was great

Same goes for wreckfest. Watch a few of hoppens vids or whatever you can come across and eventually you'll be able to be sliding nice with complete control too :)

Agreed,you can spend all you time on opposite lock if you want at the minute with a bit of braking and throttle control
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=740683245

RagingRoach67

Took the survey. The main reason I am not playing is because I am waiting for the full game! I took the chance to play again tonight since I hadn't played in a long time and the handling felt good for American 1. I enjoyed most of the new tracks, but I think overall the gravel/sand/mixed courses are where the game shines the most. I don't know if BB considers these course real life or fun, but I seem to enjoy them the most and would like more of them.

I also think the AI is a little more fun again. They were making mistakes and had a couple epic crashes on a few of the courses. It wasn't the full on insanity when NCG first launched (miss that  :'(), but this was still pretty good.

pben1

My preference in voting in more simulation as a wheel user. AI, an physics are more important to me. More importantly, I'd like to see a finished product
 which is playable for all gamers.

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk
Intel Xeon quad v3-1220@3.10ghz/ASUS Z97-A
Nvida GTX 960 2gb/16gb HyperX ram/Windows 10/ Thrustmaster TX Leather/ T3PA /G27 Shift

catn1p

I haven't played for a long time mainly because multiplayer is dead. Looking forward to the update in hope the servers will be populated again. Probably 95% of my almost 500 hours ingame were spent online.
I think players got scared away by the lag issues too. Like someone said before, for some reason the games got laggier the longer a [dedicated] server was up. And laggy racing is not fun at all.

Second issue for me is the force feedback, it's ok but could feel way better imo compared with other titles. With a new physics engine we should also be able to feel better what's happening with our wheels I guess?! And the difference in feedback strength between the muscle cars and the small ones is bugging me a lot. Even if I increase the feedback strength to maximum on EU1, it doesn't come close to AM1 on medium strength for example.

Took the survey and hope BB will find a good compromise which pleases most of us. I still have faith :)

cya on the track, peeps
generally driving fair, unless being pestered
                     do you even drift?
Intel i5-4690 @ 3,5 GHz // GeForce GTX 970
8 GB RAM // 100 GB SSD // 2 TB HDD // G27

St. Jimmy

Also hopefully you will fix the "no steering wheel input in first 5 or more seconds when the race starts". It can really ruin races especially when the first corner is there before you can even turn...
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

RickyB

How would you make the game more fun?

Besides more different fun gameplay-modes (suicide race, soccer derby etc...), let's think about "gameplay mechanics" for a second. Ultimately they make the gameplay, but are not the same thing. The decisions, what kind of gameplay mechanics you want in the game will define the gameplay experience.
One basic and pretty much defining gameplay mechanic in Flatout for me was the "get nitro through crashing stuff, so you could catch up with the leading cars again" mechanic. In other words you can get an advantage through crashing stuff, thus encouraging players to crash stuff, giving a corresponding gameplay experience.

Let's assume there won't be the quite arcadey 'nitro through crashing' mechanic in wreckfest (I think BB basically deleted nitro from their gameplay mechanic list, which is fine by me)

I always wondered if it isn't possible to have a similar gameplay mechanic without nitro. Getting some sort of advantage (maybe not garanteed) by crashing through objects.

One possibilty could be shortcuts through objects. (barracks, brick walls, ad-signs etc) You'd get an advantage, admittedley not through crashing stuff, because it's basically just a shortcut, but it encourages crashing through stuff nevertheless.

Another possibility: You crash through some sort of support pillar/support structure -> by crashing through this pillar you trigger a chain reaction and obstacles will fall on the tracks. The next lap the leading cars would have to drive around or through these new obstacles = chance for you to catch up a little, because you already know that there will be obstacles, or they will be pushed out of the way by the leading cars. The aim of that gameplay mechanic would be similar to the nitro, that is "shorten the distance between competing cars". An advantage is not guaranteed but possible. Also possible that you give yourself a disadvatage, because the leading player maneuvered better around the new obstacles than you.

To a certain degree this mechanic already exists in Wreckfest - a wrecked car on the track can have that effect in a race.

In SP the AI would have to be smart enough to recognise obstacles on the tracks like they recognise wrecked cars now. In MP it would probably be best if the obstacles were synchronised, but it should work even if they're not. It only matters to you, what's on your track. Doesn't matter if it's somewhere else for someone else, because it doesn't affect you.

Right now a lot of tracks feel kind of empty (always assumed this was due to pre-alpha state of game.) It feels more like a racing simulation, less like a fun(ny) racing game. To make it a full game you have to think about gameplay mechanics, not just cars, tracks and handling. Tracks could probably have the biggest impact on the gameplay experience, so this could be seen almost as a gameplay mechanic, if the track designs are treated as such. (obstacles, shortcuts etc)

On a sidenote - what always brought a smile to my face was the screaming ragdoll in Flatout. I'd consider a screaming ragdoll that flys out of the car, when the car gets wrecked, as a nice little fun element and not too arcadey. It's not even a gameplay mechanic, just an element that adds to a fun experience. Maybe it's even more humane to release the driver ragdoll instead of letting him burn to death in the burning wreck, as it is right now. :)

Devin

Second issue for me is the force feedback, it's ok but could feel way better imo compared with other titles. With a new physics engine we should also be able to feel better what's happening with our wheels I guess?! And the difference in feedback strength between the muscle cars and the small ones is bugging me a lot. Even if I increase the feedback strength to maximum on EU1, it doesn't come close to AM1 on medium strength for example.
What exactly do you find unrealistic about it compared to other games? Just general strength or effects? And which wheel do you have? I am running a G27 and it is surprisingly accurate and realistic for me, the only game with better FFB so far was rFactor 2 and that's known as the sim with the best physics in the world. So I would say Wreckfest's FFB is pretty good. Maybe it's just that good and direct for me because I've set my wheel to 450 degrees which in my opinion just perfectly fits the game, even though those kinds of cars usually go up to the 900 degrees :P

I know I probably can't change anything about it, just curious and maybe I can help improve your experience already :)

Purple44

Also hopefully you will fix the "no steering wheel input in first 5 or more seconds when the race starts". It can really ruin races especially when the first corner is there before you can even turn...

Ya, this showed up a few Builds ago. I now got in the habit of wiggying my steering wheel at start of race to get the FF going. You don't want to wait until first turn to do it.   :o
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

catn1p

What exactly do you find unrealistic about it compared to other games? Just general strength or effects? And which wheel do you have? I am running a G27 and it is surprisingly accurate and realistic for me, the only game with better FFB so far was rFactor 2 and that's known as the sim with the best physics in the world. So I would say Wreckfest's FFB is pretty good. Maybe it's just that good and direct for me because I've set my wheel to 450 degrees which in my opinion just perfectly fits the game, even though those kinds of cars usually go up to the 900 degrees :P

I know I probably can't change anything about it, just curious and maybe I can help improve your experience already :)

I use a G27 too, bought it just for Wreckfest initially and was overwhelmed by how good FFB feels. I had never experienced FFB before and really regretted not to have tried it earlier.

Anyway, I got dirt rally later (Assetto Corsa and Project Cars even later) and was even more impressed by how it feels. Like you really feel what's happening with your wheels and can counteract accordingly.
I don't say WFs FFB is unrealistic or bad but it feels less "beefy". I can't find a better word for it atm. Also I get some strange rattling sometimes on sand tracks which almost rips my desk apart :D
Maybe it's because cars in WF are old Buckets without power steering and it just has to feel like it does. In this case I just didn't know better, but I'm always open for tips.

... man while I'm thinking back I realise I really miss multiplayer  :'(
generally driving fair, unless being pestered
                     do you even drift?
Intel i5-4690 @ 3,5 GHz // GeForce GTX 970
8 GB RAM // 100 GB SSD // 2 TB HDD // G27

Devin

Anyway, I got dirt rally later (Assetto Corsa and Project Cars even later) and was even more impressed by how it feels. Like you really feel what's happening with your wheels and can counteract accordingly.
I don't say WFs FFB is unrealistic or bad but it feels less "beefy". I can't find a better word for it atm. Also I get some strange rattling sometimes on sand tracks which almost rips my desk apart :D
I definitely know what you mean by the rattling :P Mine stopped doing that after I tweaked some settings in rF and it never did that in Wreckfest. Poor desk tho...
Anyway, it's the exact opposite for me. Where AC feels indirect and canned (mainly because it is), Wreckfest delivers such great feedback that I could actually just let go and the car will automatically hold the drift or center itself. I can feel every tiny bump in the road and I always know what my suspension is doing. I love it! Have you tried playing with 450 degrees? Maybe it magically gives you a similar effect :D

... man while I'm thinking back I realise I really miss multiplayer  :'(
If you're talking about clean racing, so do I, which is why I've set up a discord for every clean racer to join so that we can actually race together and message each other when we spontaneously decide to race. You can find it in the newest thread in the multiplayer section if you're interested :P