Author Topic: Wreckfest not starting under Vista.  (Read 244 times)

Purple44

I used be able to run my second copy of Wreckfest ( bought under a different Steam user account ) installed on second computer with Win Vista. Used this second game to test LAN mode.

But it been over year now since Wreckfest stop working on Vista computer. Today I did a fresh install. I deleted the \Bugbear Entertainment folder and the userdata  \228380 folder. And I get the Wreckfest_x64.exe has stopped working error. Same if I start the 32bit version.

I did try adding the '-setup' command through Steam launch option and game crashes before I see startup options screen.

I'm curious, are there other Vista players that still can get Wreckfest to start and run? Bugbear Devs, do you keep a Vista computer to test new Builds to see if game still runs?
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

DD-Indeed

Usually it's only about, that you should have some additional things installed to older Windows in order for it to understand more modern stuff. But in this case, I would just give up, since no-one uses Vista anymore, everyone just tries to avoid and skip it completely due how bad it is. Heck, there's still even more Win XP users than Vista users. :D

But if you're still wanting to try, I would start to search more about running modern apps/games on Vista, some people might have done some addition packages to that system (but that's just pure luck, if there's any, I can't just imagine anyone doing that really).

Purple44

Usually it's only about, that you should have some additional things installed to older Windows in order for it to understand more modern stuff. But in this case, I would just give up, since no-one uses Vista anymore, everyone just tries to avoid and skip it completely due how bad it is. Heck, there's still even more Win XP users than Vista users. :D

But if you're still wanting to try, I would start to search more about running modern apps/games on Vista, some people might have done some addition packages to that system (but that's just pure luck, if there's any, I can't just imagine anyone doing that really).

My Vista computer is my old gaming computer from 2008-2012 ( GRID 1, TDU2 ). I now use it for surfing the internet and use a anti-virus program ( Avast ) I won't use Avast with my current gaming computer. I don't use anti virus program on my gaming computer and don't surf with my gaming computer.

Agree Win XP and Win 7 better than Vista.

Wreckfest does not run on Win XP anymore, I'm wondering if Wreckfest can still run on Vista? If there a player out there that can still run WF on Vista, then I will know that something change with my Vista to stop Wreckfest from starting.

Purple44

Janne, can you confirm Wreckfest sill start under Vista in the studio?