Author Topic: Daystars Mega Skypack Projects  (Read 8706 times)

Daystar

Omg what the hell is going on? so I finally get in the mood to create another 4k sky for Wreckfest tonight and then I come to this error...

bloddy hell, I am creating the same way like I always do, and I do confirm the size for each section is 4098X4098 ughh!! did Bugbear change the bimage.exe or something?!!!

St. Jimmy

4096x4096 is the right size ;D Not 4098

128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096, 8192, 16384 you know :P
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 12:42:16 AM by St. Jimmy »
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Daystar

4096x4096 is the right size ;D Not 4098

128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096, 8192, 16384 you know :P

Haha I know mate! it must be my flu clouding my mind some reason... ughh But I got it sorted out already! I will post up a video sometime later on this wee morning.  :D

Daystar

Purple finally got to upload to youtube! had to use my Chrome browser which I really don't use often. but it works.                      _

So here is a test.. tell me if you can view it ok?

Purple44

Yup, can watch some in full screen at 730p. :) I use 720p for my videos, 1080p to big of file and I don't record with Fraps at that high of resolution. Got go.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Daystar

Another sky for you Purple that you missed. Hope you are having a cool Christmas out there on the west coast!                                   _

This one is called "Hot Desert"

Sky 7 out of 50 planned.

The Very End

I like that one :) I think the skies that also works as a background are your best work. Maybe try more like it with other engiroments in the background.

Purple44

That nice use of a weather map to add some background Daystar.  :D

House was a little packed with 19 people ( 9 of them kids, none of them mine ) Christmas morning.  :o Was a big pile of presents under the Christmas tree!

Hope you had good Christmas Daystar.  :D
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

RickyB

Your creations in this new skypack always make me go "woow" :) Looks like those skys are getting nicer and nicer. Cool stuff :)

Daystar

Hey Thanks guys :D  Yeah The Very End I am working on finding these types, and they do make the game have unique new environments!
And that is great to hear you had a real festive time Purple! did you eat real good? me and Claudia will be making goose tonight.. since we were both pretty sick this past week.
but better late than never hehe!

And speaking of mountain ranges and city scapes and things, it is very hard to find good pics at 4096x4096 res. or at least 4096 and anything greater than 2048 on the internet.
Many wallpaper websites have these. but the thing is a lot of them are really stretched and pixellated.. looking horrible really.   Oh well, I am doing my best without any docs or help from anyone lol!

I just need to keep searching for good ones!  :)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 04:23:15 PM by Daystar »

Daystar

Your creations in this new skypack always make me go "woow" :) Looks like those skys are getting nicer and nicer. Cool stuff :)

Thanks! glad some people like what I am trying to do with skies lol! I will be working on a new one today at some point. much appreciate you all!

Daystar

This be sky 8 "Vextar" out of 50 planned. sometimes when I get frustrated and cannot get a good sky, I resort to space ones, which seem to almost always work out nicely!

Been so busy tonight with making a goose dinner... so it's a bit hectic over here right now.. bout to eat dinner and watch Supernatural with candle lights of course hehe

Daystar

This sky I present as "Corum" this is sky number 9 out of 50 planned so forth. stayed tuned for more skies in the future.  :)

Purple let me know if you can view this please. said on my Youtube settings : Content Location: Germany
so not sure if U.S. Residents can view it. thanks!

Orbotnive T

I'm really liking these latest skies, and I already liked a lot of the originals, but they look really natural with the environment (in a way at least) when adding far scenery. I wondered what 'hot desert' would look like on another non sandpit track. I'll find out at some point

At this rate will we see daystars greatest sky hits pack  :D I hope so, maybe even a poll for the most liked over all the 3 packs later ;)

Daystar

I'm really liking these latest skies, and I already liked a lot of the originals, but they look really natural with the environment (in a way at least) when adding far scenery. I wondered what 'hot desert' would look like on another non sandpit track. I'll find out at some point

At this rate will we see daystars greatest sky hits pack  :D I hope so, maybe even a poll for the most liked over all the 3 packs later ;)

Well your wish is my command Orbotnive! hehe and wow thank you so much for your nice words! and as a matter of fact I have thought about making a couple separate packs featuring my better skies, and also a special pack only featuring space skies  :D

I am still waiting for some tut's and or docs and a wiki site in regards to the weather commands within Bagedit.  as of now, I am doing most of this by guess work! lol sucks not being guided correctly, but somehow I make do.

Stay tuned folks, for another new sky within a day or two.