Author Topic: Daystars Mega Skypack Projects  (Read 27347 times)

Daystar

Hers is "Heaven" sky number 15 out of 50 planned. at this rate I will have the 50 skies completed around middle or end of February.

Have a good day.

Daystar

Creating a special sky for you now The Very End. this one is at 8192x8192 ! my first at this extreme resolution hehe

and quicker than I thought.. only 6 minutes to process each section... but damn it, I need to go shopping now with my lady lol!

here is a sneak peek at "Voyages" sky  :D

So back later with some video results of this!

The Very End

Hahah great! You know what's next don't you, 16k skies xD
Keep us updated :)

Daystar

Well after a night of drinking beer, and making videos I finally got it done... damn 6 beers really got me motivated + my better internet speeds put me in a mood to Just Upload! haha... so anyways, here is the results of the 8k skies.. and tell you what, I really do not see much difference from my bloody 4k skies! shiiitttt!!! well lol, perhaps I test another 8k sky, but different than this space one I used. which I am not that impressed might I add lol! perhaps this sky sucks I might believe.

so here is the results...

Sandpit 1 track

Sandpit 2 track

Tarmac 2 Track

Tarmac 3 Track

Sandpit 3 Track

Mixed 3 Track

Mixed 4 Track

Gravel 1 Track

Tarmac 1 Track

Michigan Speedway Track

and lol you telling me about 16k skies? nahhhh I do not think so lmdao!!!

The Very End

Good stuff ;) Guess the difference between 4k and 8k will be visible on stuff that is similar to ordinary skies. But dunno, maybe BB uses some secret ways to get their skies in such details. But, they consist of 6 pieces right? And each piece itself is 8k or is it divided on 6?

Daystar

Good stuff ;) Guess the difference between 4k and 8k will be visible on stuff that is similar to ordinary skies. But dunno, maybe BB uses some secret ways to get their skies in such details. But, they consist of 6 pieces right? And each piece itself is 8k or is it divided on 6?

lol I well get back to you later on that... I need bed! hehe   yeah bed is calling me now and I will have a more clear mind to reply after I wake up. thanks for input btw... cheers mate.

Daystar

Hi again TVE  :) Thanks! and I really wish I knew how Bugbear gets their skies so realistic as well! and there is only 5 sections - Left, Right, Front, Back, and Up. no bottom. and yeah each section is what you defined. so left is 8192, right is 8192 and so forth.

Going to try a different sky now for sky #17. hope it turns out better! back in a bit....

Daystar

Sky #17 - This is a 4k sky that looks better than my previous 8k sky. it's called "Redrader"

I will try again with another 8k sky sometime. that is when I come across another very large wallpaper, art, 3d image etc again. which is not as often as you would think!

Youtube being weird with me now 

« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 02:25:28 AM by Daystar »

Daystar

Hmm so did a little research about this embedding video issues. and it seems one of the forum moderators might of changed a setting?! is this so? and why is that?

also found a short article on this issue here. https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/youtube/6zqQhjpzkcU/kvK-Vm57IdoJ

St. Jimmy

I'm more surprised that you could embed 10 videos in one post. I think it was lower at some point. You've already 12 in one page, so I don't wonder you've reached the limit in this page.
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Daystar

Hmm I need to remember this in future video postings. perhaps I am safer off with just a couple vids per post/page, and concentrate on screenshots again.

Daystar

Todays new project. Sky #18 "Alien Occupied"  I will post links (not embed vids) to my result videos later on today. need to go shopping again.

Got a good spacey pic this time, and added some hostile aliens, planets and a couple other things.
this has already been processed (seamless) so both sides align correctly. just when I am back from the store, I will cut these all into sections, and insert into my wreckfest game and test!

Daystar

Her is the video of what this sky looks like.
Link works now.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 11:00:18 PM by Daystar »

Daystar

Another vid of the "Alien Occupied" sky                                  _

Daystar

Today I present sky #19 "Devious" with some screenshots and 2 vids of this sky. Hope your weekend is good!

Sandpit 1 Track Screenshots

Sandpit 1 track + Reverse config Video

Ruglands Track Screenshots

Ruglands Track Video