Author Topic: Daystars Mega Skypack Projects  (Read 14476 times)

Daystar

Oh and almost forgot... I posted the link on my facebook https://www.facebook.com/Daystar65 and it shows with no problem the video!  ughhhh this forum software needs maintenance perhaps!

The Very End

Just for the info, installed Google Chrome on my Ipad, still only shows text lol. As you say, issue is forum itself I think.

Purple44

I rebooted my gaming computer to Win 7 and it was using Firefox 37 and I see no youtube video in the posts.

So I do the Firefox update, update goes to version 43 that my Vista surfing computer using. With Win 7, Firefox 43, I see no youtube video in the posts.

Next I update Adobe Flash from version 17 to 25, I see no youtube video in the posts.

I check Firefox update again and now Firefox say I can update to version 47 that my Win 10 uses. Now I see youtube video in the posts like I see with Win 10.

So the fix for me is to have Firefox updated to version 47. Now have try it with my Vista surfing computer after I backup my 100+ open tabs.  :P
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Purple44

Got my Vista + Firefox showing videos in posts again. :)

Vista + Firefox 43 was not giving me the update option when clicking About Firefox option. So I had go to Firefox website to get newest version - 52. Seem version 52 will be last supported version for Vista, "Firefox version 52 will be the last complete update for Windows XP and Windows Vista. Security updates will be released, but no new features".

And I did not loose my many, many bookmarks and was able to Restore Previous Session to get my 100+ tabs back.  :D I always worry doing an update, going screw things up and sometimes I don't like the new features.

Now hopefully missing youtube bug won't show up again before my current 5 year old gaming computer becomes my surfing computer in 2018 and I finally say goodbye to Vista.  :P

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Tonza

youtu.be is the same as youtube.com, it's just Youtube's own way of shortening links

Daystar

Made a new environment again. it is "Star Field" for sky number 7. I will be making a video later on tonight. Oh and thanks for the comments guys!

Sandpit 1

Tarmac 2

Sandpit 3

Mixed 3

Back whenever with a vid of "Star Field" 2 or 3 hours eta....
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 01:59:18 AM by Daystar »

Daystar

Got the video for sky #7. "Star Field" finally completed.                                                                            _

Daystar

This will be sky #8. "Mount Diablo" and I am not sure if I work on it tonight or tomorrow.  but here is a preview of it. I just need to trim a little of the top off, and yay it is already seamless. but still need to cut it up into sections.

Remember middle section and anything higher will be visible in WF!

Daystar

So here is some screenshots of Mount Diablo on different tracks. I am not sure this looks good enough for my Realistic Environments pack... please tell me if it's not fitting. don't be afraid, just tell me it sucks if it does to you, and I will not use it than lol!

Sandpit 1

Tarmac 2

Sandpit 3

I don't know... does it look good enough to keep this one?

I just don't like that big swath of water in the environment... hmm

Daystar

Video preview of sky #8.                                                                                                                                                        _

https://youtu.be/u8pVBKUgzK8

Daystar

Hellooo and Good Day!  ;D I present a quite different one today, it is Moscow sky #9. test... it does look quite crowded with all the buildings and such. but i must try at least! and if I don't like it, I will send it to my recycle bin. back later on some point today!

Daystar

OMG Nooooo! Major fail on this one folks... yep I must send it straight to the bin. unbelievable.. well.. Guess I will need to focus more on mountain based environments! ahhh back to the drawing board I go!  ???

RickyB

oh. Reminds me of "Inception" or "Elysium".  ;D

Just curious - where is the horizon in Bugbears skyboxes? Is it in the middle as in the attached picture? If so, could aligning the horizon be a solution?

Daystar

Yep Horizon sits on exact middle, and in bag edit there is unfortunately no adjusting of that... just cube size slider, and also skybox offest (height) which I cannot set below -4000. wish there was a document file, or a wiki page concerning skybox creation within Bagedit.

In other news, I found a replacement for that Moscow environment. this is "Mysteria" and I am certain it will work fine in game  :D yeah yeah it is a bit dark, but I will compensate for that!

So working on that now atm!

Daystar

Nothing spectacular, but it is a little unique. "Mysteria" sky #9. and perhaps a video later on....