Author Topic: Forza / Grand Turismo Racing  (Read 1367 times)

chuckskyline

Ok, I named dropped.

But.. since this game is entirely made up. I.E no racing like this exists in the real world, Other then say circled destruction derbies, I like to see a simulation type of racing.

With Forza or GT series, you can buy cars, upgrade them etc. Which I understand in the case here, but I would like to see hundreds or a hundred type of cars. Perhaps you guys could pursue licenses to older cars, like the Chevy Caprice or Ford Crown Victoria, or Station Wagons of the such.. ?

I would like to see a simulation type of racing, perhaps maybe like Dirt style of racing.. or in the sense of Rally racing. More focused on the simulation type.. Then you guys throw in what you are masters at: The destruction.  :o

Imagine: Forza/GT realism. Meets Flat Out 1.

Drool. 

sam223

This type of racing has long existed in reality but it has always been a hobby type of sport with limited coverage

A selection of new and old yearly and one off events

There's tons of footage on youtube,happy hunting
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

chuckskyline

That is a little different. Flat Out has more of a rally/dirt roads vibe to it.

those are all circle tracks.

sam223

one of them is from brands hatch circuit in the 70's i think

Heres some others on more varied circuits

1982 fig-8 racing
DAF backwards ramp racing,caravan racing/slaloms and other obscure full/semi contact car races
this one reminds me of flatout but on a smaller scale/pace. I remember seeing a similar video once on a similar track with larger saloons and more contact,ill try dig it out later.

If you want big crashes,pileups and close contact racing.Ovals are always the best place to start since there is no opportunity for the leading pack to separate from back markers and plenty of opportunity for retaliation against anyone who hits you
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 10:21:39 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

franky

Licenses are very expensive, so I'm guessing we won't be seeing any licensed cars at all in NCG, just as there were none in any of the Flatout games. Plus, licensed cars usually have restrictions on how much they can be destroyed in games, and we don't want any of that, do we? ;)

Satsuma182

As stated I'd rather not see licensed cars in the NCG.

Bugbear can deliver good cars without expensive marquees so it doesn't matter, as already stated also having real cars usually results in limited damage.

HenkkaWRC

^ +1. I also would'nt like the NCG to be too realistic. If you want realism, i highly recomend buying a real car.  ;)

And BTW, its Gran Turismo.  :D
"If in doubt, Flat out" -Colin McRae