Author Topic: December Update 2016-12-22  (Read 22151 times)

The Very End

Well, it is most likely something with my mod, problem is that since I don't have the reporting tools you have I have no insight why the game crashes :) Also the fact that the game started to crash with my mod in combination after the update makes me believe something changed.

Again, I am just looking for a way to fix it, but I do not know what to look for :)

Finsku

If you and AI is stopped and you start to drive (like after spinoff) and you are on the AI's way the AI push you, stops, push you again and if you stop the AI also stops and doesn't try to pass you.
I tried to take video to prove this but still with my laptop which is too bad for recording.

Yeah, why are you trying to stall the AI on purpose? :)

I want to tease them >:D

Not really. I just found it accidentally and tested how many cars I can stop. Should AI try to get out that kind situation if there is "a queue"?

PS. I just found a new emote which isn't in emote list :o

Janne Suur-Näkki

@The Very End, could you PM with repro steps? I'll do my best to assist. No worries, we'll find out the cause :)

@Finsku, actually yes they should but I guess if there are a couple of AI cars lined up and you're positioned perpendicular to the first one they might not have enough room to pass you, and because of the cars behind them, the can't reverse. They do possess a logic to back up a little bit and carry forward whenever there's a static obstacle in front of them.

INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

The Very End

I will look into it and get back to you. Right now I have not tested myself, just heared people that said the game crashes. Will try to find out what kind of tracks that triggers this.

St. Jimmy

Thanks for the info, we'll start looking into it.

Yeah, would be nice if you find out why game crashes with my mod enabled :)

Have you checked if you've old file versions or if some references have changed?
The files can update and I can imagine it causing crashing if your mod uses some outdated one.
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Finsku

The wheels of the new car are always broken after one hit.

But you can "fix" that when you reset car with "Reset car" button in menu (bug?)

EDIT:

Before and after reseting. Before it was hard to drive, after reseting no problems with a tire.

EDIT2:
Improved the text
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 11:36:40 PM by Finsku »

The Very End

Not had the time yet, but all effects are custom made and should be pointing to itself in the mod folder, the rest are texture assets. Textures should not crash the game as far as I am concerned.
Guess I will have to go through each track and each asset one by one ;p

Edit: Is there a crash log btw? Would help knowing what error was thrown at the moment the game crashes.
Edit2: Not meant as whine, I am just curious :)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 11:17:34 PM by The Very End »

PsychOXRat

Janne, serious question, why on earth did you guys decide to make tarmac 3 into a new mixed track but not keep the original Tarmac 3 separate as it was actually a decent circuit. I haven't played a lot of the update, but oh boy was that a terrible surprise to see.
System Specs: Intel i7-7700K CPU, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX970 from GALAX

Janne Suur-Näkki

@PsychOXRat, it was a quick decision based on seeing that Tarmac 3 was not all that popular. We can bring back the original and add the new route as a variant.

@The Very End, nope - there's no crash log, I'm afraid. But like said, I will help you track down the crash tomorrow.

@Finsku, you're driving it too hard and snapping the steering rod ;-)
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

Finsku

Sorry, I think I wrote badly.
What I tried to tell was I can fix the car with "Reset car" button  :P

Btw I love 30fps, before the update fps was 10-20

EDIT:
You can drop through the map after hitting a breakable wall:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 11:38:28 PM by Finsku »

BenDover

Janne any possible fix for the servers yet? Understand it taking some time just wondering ^^
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

St. Jimmy

EDIT:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 11:45:07 PM by Janne Suur-Näkki »
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Janne Suur-Näkki

Janne any possible fix for the servers yet? Understand it taking some time just wondering ^^

Sorry, our guys need to get some sleep too so it will be sometime tomorrow.

EDIT:

No problem, got you now. We'll look into it tomorrow and submit a solution.

But whoah - was that on Tarmac 1? We'll attack it tomorrow too and fix as much as we can.

Finsku

Sorry, our guys need to get some sleep too so it will be sometime tomorrow.

EDIT:

No problem, got you now. We'll look into it tomorrow and submit a solution.

But whoah - was that on Tarmac 1? We'll attack it tomorrow too and fix as much as we can.

Yeah, Tarmac 1. I test other maps too and update my Bug report.

Thanks for hard working and great update. It's almost midnight in Finland and you're still working! :o

PS: St. Jimmy's message is strange... maybe there was an accident?  :P

BenDover

No worries Janne, understand that, I will just keep eventloop off for the night then :)
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,