Author Topic: Ground slowly eats flipped car inside (maybe crash servers)  (Read 497 times)

Finsku

ISSUE
Your flipped (upside down) car goes slowly inside the ground

DESCRIPTION
Look Issue part.
Sometimes in multiplayer your whole car goes inside the ground, sometimes only roof goes inside.
Today I (maybe) crashed Ben's Clean Racing server with this, after vanishing inside the ground fps drop from 60 to 8 and I lost connection to server. Later I found out the server crashed.

SCREENSHOT/VIDEO

Sry, no image from multiplayer gaming.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 01:55:38 PM by Janne Suur-Näkki »

Finsku

I found this from latest update news' thread

Cars are clipping into each other very often when you crash hard enough or land on top of a car.

Or when a car is laying on its roof it slowly sinks into the ground.

Since build 7 there was always clipping issues with this game but in this update its the worst.

Yeah this is something I forgot to say, this is something that destroy abit of the feeling in the game, on gravel I jumped on the car and I just clipped into the other car, and I have seen that aswell when you lay on the roof you slowly sink abit into the ground :P

Ya was seeing tonight online, cars on their roof sinking into track map and saw some more car merging going on.

Purple44

Ya this definitely a new issue with the new Build release.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Janne Suur-Näkki

This issue is related to collision detection that was tweaked to stop the cars bouncing all over the place. In retrospect it seems like it was not a good solution but more like a temporary workaround, and we're trying to come up with a better solution. Most likely we will need to perform further optimization to the physics engine to prevent a performance hit but we'll keep you in the loop.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

basti4655

Cars are clipping into each other again often since the latest update
I7-6700K, GTX 770, 8Gb Ram, Win 10 64bit