Author Topic: Cockpit view, FOV & removable steering wheel please  (Read 11502 times)

museumsteve

Please allow us to remove the steering wheel, for those that want to race in cockpit view with a wheel.
Also allow us to change FOV along with seat position. It's pretty much in all race sims these days but not all arcade racers.

kyborgi

+1.

Driver's seat would obviously be the best perspective for simulation games, But I can never enjoy it fully because it feels so stupid. My hands are on my G25, so who's hands are on that wheel? or do I have four arms and the car two steering wheels?

Fov and camera position tweaking should be standard in every 3d game imo, although the problem isn't as bad in driving games as it is in some other genres.

JGooR

allow us to change FOV along with seat position.

Since NCG is a PC game first, I'm sure there'll be an option to adjust FOV, at least.

Mijji

NCG is getting a good wheel controller support, then? It's what I've always wanted for Flatouts.

WildStyle

Flatout or FO2 had wheel support of some sort cause I remember playing it whit my wheel...

But yeah pretty much needed so +1.

Crazyw0lf

+1

Not sure if i will actually use a wheel for this game but i know the feeling all to well.. hate racing with 2 wheels infront of me ;)

dbs213

I'd totally dig in with a cockpit view for sure.
First-Person view crashes are rad.
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 8GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 1TB Hard Drive
======================================
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)

Apal

I second cockpit / dashboard camera option for NextCarGame.

One of the mod I enjoyed the most on Flatout 1 was this one, setting the camera inside the driver's head :

See at around 1:00, how liberating is it to break your dirty windshield. It's like you got new eyes !

Having dynamical dirt projected to the windshield would be a great immersion feature, too. You shouldn't drive directly behind another car in a mud-packed track, or you'd get an opaque windshield in no time !

Bonus feature : automatic Wiper taking that mud away, or trying to  8)
(Remember "Die Hard Trilogy" on PlayStation ? When driving over people with in-car view, you'd get your windshield covered with blood, then your wipers would clean that mess for you !)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 02:51:23 PM by Apal »

Usmovers_02

Cockpit view is already confirmed.

Apal

Great !
Will we get the wipers cleaning rain and dirt too ?
Don't you think that'd be a nifty touch to the cockpit view ?

Trocketman88

I would love a cockpit view but it has to be like those Test Drive Unlimited games. Because i hate the other cockpit views from Flatout 2, and Ultimate Carnage. But, i do agree with Apal with the wipers and stuff.
Driving around at the speed of sound and...etc.

Usmovers_02

How can you possibly hate the cockpit view in FO 2 and UC? Neither game has one :P lol

Anyways I agree that the cockpit view in TDU 2 is pretty darned good. I liked the very subtle movements the camera would make as you approached the apex. It was so insanely over done like some other racing games. I don't know why they removed the ability to adjust your where the camera actually was in the cockpit though. In TDU 1 you could move the camera forward or backward in the settings which was REALLY nice.

Regarding wipers and rain: Rain isn't confirmed yet but if there IS rain they'd pretty much have to add functioning wipers.

RacerBest

How can you possibly hate the cockpit view in FO 2 and UC? Neither game has one :P lol
They have hood camera, where the camera is placed on driver's side of the hood. Driver's view from hoodcam.

Purple44

Are you positive there no cockpit view in Flatout 2 ( or Flatout 1 )??  ;)

( right click and click "View Image" to see full pic )

« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 12:59:18 PM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

NeatNit

Are you positive there no cockpit view in Flatout 2 ( or Flatout 1 )??  ;)

[pics]

Mods don't count. If that's not a mod then please elaborate on how you've accomplished this.