Author Topic: WIP download page for the Figure 8 track pack  (Read 3977 times)

Purple44

Here your first chance to get a taste of the Figure 8 track pack I have started working on and give your feedback. I will post new download links as new figure 8 tracks are added to the pack. I want to wait until I have a full figure 8 track pack ( around 10 ) before I upload fig8 pack to Steam Workshop.

Edit: download link been update to v2, checkout post #10 for the details on version 2
http://www.mediafire.com/file/*****/figure8_track_ Mod need fixing because of new June Build.

Download the figure8_track_pack.7z, unpack file on your hard drive. Then take the \figure8_track_pack folder and copy and paste or drag to your Wreckfest \mods folder.   E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Bugbear Entertainment\mods

Start Wreckfest, go to the Mods tab and enable figure8_track_pack. Will see a two menu pages in Select Event, Figure 8 track Pack ( just 1 track right now ) and Hurtfull Five from The Very End.

End's  Hurtfull Five

Grid figure 8 track 1

Suggest you visit thread once a week to see if new update been uploaded.

Visit Purple44 custom track WIP page. thread to see my progress on the making of figure 8 tracks.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 01:53:23 PM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Purple44

Here video on how to use the gasbottles to take out the leader of race on the Grid figure 8 track 1. The purple flowers are there for a reason.

Daystar

Hey cool tracks guys! having a lot of fun on both tracks... I will report back later with my findings.  ;)

Heddly

Thanks for the download Purple. I like when mods get tested for bugs before they are uploaded to Steam Workshop. It can be a big  let down and leave a bad impression on users if the mod doesn't work or is buggy.

phoink

Outstanding Job Purple!   Great with school bus mod!  Gauntlet-24 bot buses against 1 lone racer - try and survive!

i7 Extreme 980x Hex Core 4.0GHZ / Water Cooled
24G DDR3 2133 Triple Channel
Asus STRIX GTX 1080  w/ 24" Asus 144Hz G-Sync Mod
1TB SSD Boot / 2TB Storage
W10 Pro

Purple44

I got my next two figure 8 track laid out, now to do the AI sectors. When I was doing testing for the R6025 error at the derby stadium  last week, I got to wondering about using the derby ramp in a figure 8 track. Here what I came up with:

Fig8 Derby Ramps

I'm thinking of adding a bus jump at middle of map of Fig8 Derby Ramps as you head back to the last turn.  Or should I just let you guys get your speed up for ramming? What you guys think?

Fig8 Derby Mud

Daystar

Great stuff Purple! and yeah if you cannot decide, just make 2 versions of it! I like both varieties, one for speed and one for cool jumps!  ;)

Purple44

Here some video I took of the WIP Fig8 Derby Mud track:

Purple44

I got the buses added to the Fig8 Derby Ramps track and still left the straightway to get up to 90 mph ramming speed:   :D

But did run into a problem with the AI slowing down for the jump sometimes and I ended up with a pile of AI cars! So I added a second set of ramps to help out the AI.

Here video of the action on the Fig8 Derby Ramps track and you can see Zeb grumpy troll skin:

If want to use Zeb grumpy troll skin with stock Wreckfest, grab the 03_american_01 folder from the figure8_track_pack folder and drop it into your mods\custom_skins\data\vehicle\ .

Here ya a new download link for the Figure 8 Track Pack v2:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rzqclqjhlc7whbt/figure8_track_pack-v2.7z

Be sure to delete the old \figure8_track_pack folder if you download v1. Read post #1 if need reminder how to install figure8_track_pack by hand.

Me or Heddly going put up Fig8 pack host Saturday, 7:00pm pacific, 10:00pm eastern, 2:00am London, if you want to tryout the four fig8 tracks online. Also want use Dr. Destructo new classic 40 car and the great 57 chevy.  :D

Current track list:

Hurtfull Five
Grid figure 8 track 1
Fig8 Derby Mud
Fig8 Derby Ramps

« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 09:49:57 PM by Purple44 »

Purple44

BOOM!!! A high speed impact!

Heddly

I downloaded the update. Then deleted the old mod in the mod folder, extracted the new V2 mod to it's own folder and copied to the game Mod folder.

It showed up in the Mod Options and I enabled it, the game restarted and I have restarted again and can not find your mod in the track menu. Is it listed under a stock track name or does it have a custom selection name.

I was able to find the original version but can't remember what I am doing wrong.?

Purple44

The Figure 8 track pack menu should show up between Mixed 4 and the Stadium derby with the current Build:

And Very End's Hurtfull Five track has it own menu after my Figure 8 track pack menu.

Heddly

I found my mistake. I copied the whole folder of the update to the mods folder. Now I have copied the "figure8_track_pack" from the download folder "figure8_track_pack-v2" to the mods folder. :)

Purple44

Working on new Fig8 gravel track, but Stunfest crashes when I load the objects from the Models section of the gravel track file. So I can't load the track surface to help me in placing the objects.  :(

So I'm running Wreckfest in Windows mode on second monitor to help me eyeball where I should place object. After a couple of guesses, I been usually getting object in the right spot.