Author Topic: WIP download page for the Figure 8 track pack  (Read 4280 times)

Purple44

Hosting Figure8 track pack in about 1 hour. Will need the 57 Chevy and the 40 Ford Classic cars too:

Enable the 3 mods in this order:

57 Chevy  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=697551062&searchtext=

40 Ford Classic   http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=842332405&searchtext=

Figure8 Tack Pack
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Purple44

Host is up, look for P44. Be sure to buy the 57 and ford before joining.

Purple44

Got in about 5 hours of testing the Figure 8 track pack tonight. Thanks to all that took the time to download mod and install mod by hand.  :D

bacchus
mutley
Spacface
Trabb
GrimeReeker
chris_SGD
Ghetto_dirtgod
xtbonex
Deadrage

Found a couple things that need a little tweaking and the gas bottle was opening up some black-holes to try and swallow the cars.  :o

Hopefully next week Build release will fix the problem of cars sinking into track map.

We got use Destructo 57 Chevy and the new 40 Ford Classic.  :D  Space got a little rough with his ford:

« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 12:33:35 PM by Purple44 »

Purple44

After seeing this at Bugbear twitter page, I got another fig 8 track to do:   :D

https://twitter.com/bugbeargames/status/829253875387465729/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Hene ?@henelolx Feb 8

@bugbeargames how about a race that would go somewhat like this? Soo much destrucktion :D

Hene ?@henelolx 10h hours ago

@FOJPurple44 @bugbeargames go for it :) do it I am not stopping you

I really like the middle of this fig8 track where there 4 crossings close together.  :)

But for now, my fig8 track pack track making is on hold until we get the new Build will the new folder structure for objects and textures. :(

Well - to be honest we should have done this restructing a long time ago.

I'm afraid I'm mostly a bringer of bad news. The plan is to move every single object we use to a new separate folder that will house the base object model and any variations that use the same texture set + all the textures. What it means for you guys is that in practise all the references in your scene will be broken but for the most part it will be pretty straight-forward to update them in your scenes. If you have a lot of custom objects that use our textures it would be best to make a copy of the textures and include them in your mod.

Of course, if you want an easy workaround you can always simply copy everything you need and distribute them with you mod, the downside being that it will of course increase the download size.

One reason for the restructing (apart from reducing the redundancy and size) is that we will be remodeling a significant amount of the content to meet the final quality requirements, so yes, the silver lining is that at the end of the day we will have a much better looking game. This is pretty much why we've always said that pretty much everything is work-in-progress or temp ;-)

Sam, given the circuimstances that's a good idea - we'll see if we can make it happen when we have the build up and running and the data structure is set in stone. One problem is that we might be tight on time but I don't think it would be a problem for you guys to work with a broken build as long as it would be functional enough to test your content.

Right now there no easy fix. Seem either way, us modders will have go in and change the path for the stock objects and the textures they use, to the new path in new Build that coming in a month or 2 or to a path in our \mods folder.

Edit:  Just took a look at Speedway 2 oval track and did a flyby in photomode. Track look big enough for this track design and I can use the inner oval and use some the barrier walls for this track and I will put some jump ramps in. :)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 09:37:18 AM by Purple44 »

Zebulon55

Here's a couple quick & cheesy early concept drawings of the sick spiral8.  ::)

No scale, no specific dimensions at all - just a spiral with crossings, maybe on a low truncated cone for some elevation and a flag loop in one end.

make of it what you will....  :o

first concept is purple(25 crossings, 8 spirals - that's why it's sick.  ;D)
revised concept (4 spirals) is grey on green.

Henelol | FIN

So I came here to follow your progress :)

Purple44

first concept is purple(25 crossings, 8 spirals - that's why it's sick.  ;D)
revised concept (4 spirals) is grey on green.

What, this "sick" track came from your warp mind, I just told you I think I could make it.  :P

Definitely a very interesting track design!!  :D

So I came here to follow your progress :)

Hi Hene and thanks for the good track idea. I thing I will really, really like this figure 8 track when it done.  :D

Zebulon55

What, this "sick" track came from your warp mind, I just told you I think I could make it.  :P

Thanks. I guess.

Definitely a very interesting track design!!  :D

Well, imagine cars carefully navigating the spirals, who will they meet at the intersections, another careful driver, or some A$$h0le @ speed (not naming names here) with a Rammer and attitude?

Even better if the spirals are on a hill. Go slow on the long straight, and you have to cross 8 spiral intersections, but if you go fast, the rise of the hill allows you to get air and fly safely over the  4 intersections on the other side.  8)  Unless you hit something at one of the first four intersections and lose your momentum.  :o  :'(

Maybe you've almost made it thru the spirals, and get whacked back to the outer spiral by some devil-may-care wrecker. Work your way back around the spirals, or take the possibly dangerous straight back to the next checkpoint? The choice is yours.  ;D

Purple44

Couple more ideas for a figure 8 track:

Purple44

New track idea: Safe or Danger track. Come to fork in track, blue arrow points to safer, but longer route, red arrow points to shorter, but more dangerous route. Like in this pick below:

Purple route the safer route, but will take more time. In the blue route, I could place a spinner in the middle of the first half of route and a second spinner in the middle of the second half of route. Spinner would rotate to about a 45 degree angle, ever few seconds. So have to time it just right get pass the spinners without getting hit by the spinner.

Other dangers:

2. Danger route goes along the top of rock cliff on new version of Sandpit 1, there spinner that slowly rotates across the track, blocking your way. You can see the spinner rotating, can you make it pass the spinner before it knock you over the cliff?

3. Killer tires. Danger route track you through a route cover in grass. Up above there  a set of tires with couple of killer tires mixed in ( think of Killer Tire Suicide track I did ), straw bale explodes dropping the tires into the tall grass. Where are the 2 killer tires.

4. The gauntlet ( think Clint Eastwood movie ), watch out for spinner land sharks. ( from Cops and Robbers mod )

5. Now if I could get someone make me a rock that tumbles, like we saw in Flatout 2, I could make a danger zone of tumbling rocks.

You guys have any suggestions for a danger zone?

Purple44

Now that my gokart track mod be fix and reuploaded, I can now get back to making figure 8 tracks.  :D

In working on the the GoKart Plus mod, I was able to load the old Tarmac 1 track. So now I want do a figure 8 track using the Tarmac 1 track:

Also while working on the GoKart Plus mod, I did this Oval 1 Long Figure 8 track. This track will get added to the fig8 pack:

I finish up tonight, the Oval 1 Figure 8 Long custom track that I tested Saturday night online with Zeb and Space ( sorry guys, no explosions   > there 1 explosion now ). Idea started out like this:

Track ended up like this:  :)

Here some video I took. First part of video I use a free cam to show you the AI. Second part is me racing the track and third part is the replay using spherical cam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I23UDkQbVi4

Decisions, decisions? Do I go left and squeeze between the 2 barriers or take jump ramp to the right? With a 4 wide start, 4 cars not going fit to the left or right!!  ;)

As you come around the oval to pit row ( and survive not getting hit by someone doing the second loop ), do I go left and open myself to getting T-bone from someone taking the jump ramp? Or do I take jump ramp and time it to hit the guy in front of me that decided to take the left route?  :D  You know what I would do!!!  :P

Purple44

Look what got sent my way last night:   :D

Thanks Zeb!!  :D :D
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 10:36:11 AM by Purple44 »

Purple44

Here a pic of the new fig8 track I'm working on ( 3 round-a-bouts and a crossing with the derby ramps ):

The idea behind this track is I wanted to be able to jump my car from one derby ramp to the the other derby ramp. The idea not working as well I would like. My AM 5 like to bounce to much off the landing, rolling the car or nose dives into ramp stopping the car. I have rotated the ramps a bit to help with landings. I tried some other cars to find one that has better landings on the derby ramp. With the Euro 3, I had my best luck of getting a ok landing.

When I get the AI working, will do up a video.

Purple44

Here some video of my newest figure 8 track in action:

Zebulon55

Here some video of my newest figure 8 track in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNtpt-nVzWA
Looks kind of hard on your car. Good thing that you get a new one each race. ????

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk