Author Topic: WIP download page for the Figure 8 track pack  (Read 1106 times)

Purple44

Hosting Figure8 track pack in about 1 hour. Will need the 57 Chevy and the 40 Ford Classic cars too:

Enable the 3 mods in this order:

57 Chevy  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=697551062&searchtext=

40 Ford Classic   http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=842332405&searchtext=

Figure8 Tack Pack
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Purple44

Host is up, look for P44. Be sure to buy the 57 and ford before joining.

Purple44

Got in about 5 hours of testing the Figure 8 track pack tonight. Thanks to all that took the time to download mod and install mod by hand.  :D

bacchus
mutley
Spacface
Trabb
GrimeReeker
chris_SGD
Ghetto_dirtgod
xtbonex
Deadrage

Found a couple things that need a little tweaking and the gas bottle was opening up some black-holes to try and swallow the cars.  :o

Hopefully next week Build release will fix the problem of cars sinking into track map.

We got use Destructo 57 Chevy and the new 40 Ford Classic.  :D  Space got a little rough with his ford:

« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 12:33:35 PM by Purple44 »

Purple44

After seeing this at Bugbear twitter page, I got another fig 8 track to do:   :D

https://twitter.com/bugbeargames/status/829253875387465729/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Hene ?@henelolx Feb 8

@bugbeargames how about a race that would go somewhat like this? Soo much destrucktion :D

Hene ?@henelolx 10h hours ago

@FOJPurple44 @bugbeargames go for it :) do it I am not stopping you

I really like the middle of this fig8 track where there 4 crossings close together.  :)

But for now, my fig8 track pack track making is on hold until we get the new Build will the new folder structure for objects and textures. :(

Well - to be honest we should have done this restructing a long time ago.

I'm afraid I'm mostly a bringer of bad news. The plan is to move every single object we use to a new separate folder that will house the base object model and any variations that use the same texture set + all the textures. What it means for you guys is that in practise all the references in your scene will be broken but for the most part it will be pretty straight-forward to update them in your scenes. If you have a lot of custom objects that use our textures it would be best to make a copy of the textures and include them in your mod.

Of course, if you want an easy workaround you can always simply copy everything you need and distribute them with you mod, the downside being that it will of course increase the download size.

One reason for the restructing (apart from reducing the redundancy and size) is that we will be remodeling a significant amount of the content to meet the final quality requirements, so yes, the silver lining is that at the end of the day we will have a much better looking game. This is pretty much why we've always said that pretty much everything is work-in-progress or temp ;-)

Sam, given the circuimstances that's a good idea - we'll see if we can make it happen when we have the build up and running and the data structure is set in stone. One problem is that we might be tight on time but I don't think it would be a problem for you guys to work with a broken build as long as it would be functional enough to test your content.

Right now there no easy fix. Seem either way, us modders will have go in and change the path for the stock objects and the textures they use, to the new path in new Build that coming in a month or 2 or to a path in our \mods folder.

Edit:  Just took a look at Speedway 2 oval track and did a flyby in photomode. Track look big enough for this track design and I can use the inner oval and use some the barrier walls for this track and I will put some jump ramps in. :)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 09:37:18 AM by Purple44 »

Zebulon55

Here's a couple quick & cheesy early concept drawings of the sick spiral8.  ::)

No scale, no specific dimensions at all - just a spiral with crossings, maybe on a low truncated cone for some elevation and a flag loop in one end.

make of it what you will....  :o

first concept is purple(25 crossings, 8 spirals - that's why it's sick.  ;D)
revised concept (4 spirals) is grey on green.

Henelol | FIN

So I came here to follow your progress :)

Purple44

first concept is purple(25 crossings, 8 spirals - that's why it's sick.  ;D)
revised concept (4 spirals) is grey on green.

What, this "sick" track came from your warp mind, I just told you I think I could make it.  :P

Definitely a very interesting track design!!  :D

So I came here to follow your progress :)

Hi Hene and thanks for the good track idea. I thing I will really, really like this figure 8 track when it done.  :D

Zebulon55

What, this "sick" track came from your warp mind, I just told you I think I could make it.  :P

Thanks. I guess.

Definitely a very interesting track design!!  :D

Well, imagine cars carefully navigating the spirals, who will they meet at the intersections, another careful driver, or some A$$h0le @ speed (not naming names here) with a Rammer and attitude?

Even better if the spirals are on a hill. Go slow on the long straight, and you have to cross 8 spiral intersections, but if you go fast, the rise of the hill allows you to get air and fly safely over the  4 intersections on the other side.  8)  Unless you hit something at one of the first four intersections and lose your momentum.  :o  :'(

Maybe you've almost made it thru the spirals, and get whacked back to the outer spiral by some devil-may-care wrecker. Work your way back around the spirals, or take the possibly dangerous straight back to the next checkpoint? The choice is yours.  ;D