Author Topic: WIP download page for the Figure 8 track pack  (Read 4049 times)

Purple44

Got new Gravel Fig8 track done yesterday. This was a track idea I got from Zeb, using the inside of Gravel track for a fig8 track. I was working on this track placing objects and had stop when Janne warn there be issues with custom tracks running on the June Build. So I held off finishing this track and took a break from track making in June.

This is an off road figure 8 track with bumps. :D

There 5 crossings.

There are some arrows to help point the way.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Purple44

Got Figure 8 Track Pack uploaded to Steam Workshop today, for you guys to tryout - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1183229009

This will be one the mods for the next Saturday Night Mods night, Nov 11. :)

Here video of latest fig8 track addition using the old Tarmac 1 track:

Here the next figure 8 track I want do and get done before Sat Nov 11, is a fig8 track using End's Nevada Freight Depot track with moving trains:   :D   A fig8 track using End's trains?

« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 11:39:40 PM by Purple44 »

Purple44

Tonight I got use some new objects from End's The Very AssetPack. Here a couple of pics:

Purple44

In testing out the Nevada Depot Fig8 track, I ended up taking a ride on a flat rail car.  :o

Be warned, you going to want soft or standard suspension to get over the railroad tracks. With stiff suspension ( car low to the ground ), my car was getting stuck trying to cross the tracks.

Purple44

Here a look of the layout of the Nevada Depot Fig8 track. Track to big to take a pic from above, so here a visualizer pic:

There 1 loop hairpin you can take from the right or from the left. And two suicide sections ( 2 way traffic ).

In one test race with 23 AI, only 3 AI completed 2 whole laps. The trains are tough on the AI, they don't brake for trains! Can end up half way down the track!  :o

Purple44

Ran into a couple of bugs trying to finish up the Nevada Depot Fig8 track. After getting the AI sectors and checkpoints done, I started loading 23 AI and testing the track and was surprise to see my car was being wrecked before I was done with first lap!  :o

Posting conversation I had with Devils Shadow to save me some typing:

[ ASSASSIN ] Devils Shadow #13A: testing? what mods needed?
Purple44: hi testing a bug with the nevada depot track, to many cars, can not surive first lap, just survie with 6 cars, now try 9, 12 cars I did not surive first lap
Purple44: but this might be a bug game wide maybe
Purple44: does this happen on other tracks? but not many tracks with a lot jump landings like thios track
[ ASSASSIN ] Devils Shadow #13A: on the mod cars?
Purple44: just using stock cars, had done most testing with just 1 car, now got AI sectors done, been testing with 24 cars and all a sudden last night I can't finiish first lap!!
[ ASSASSIN ] Devils Shadow #13A: hmmm
Purple44: 0 cars made a 1 1\3 laps :( with my custom damage file, now test stock see if see same problem
[ ASSASSIN ] Devils Shadow #13A: wow
Purple44: stock damage file, with 3 players, no bug going on, car lasted 2 2\3 laps. which expected with stock damage file, cars not tough enough. with 9 cars, car was wrecked in less than a lap. So I thinking either it a bug with End's track some how, but why don't bug happen with 6 or less cars? or there a game bug we have not notice yet, since WF don't have extreme tracks like my track?
Purple44: will have see if I make a damge file that make cars almost indestucable, see if that get me past this bug

After a bunch of testing and narrowing the problem to my Nevada Depot Fig8 track ( other tracks were fine ), I ended up deleting End's moving ramp objects and problem with damage file and 9-24 cars went away.

Now have End's speed bumps replacing the moving ramps.

I don't know why the moving ramp object was causing problems.

After figuring out that bug, I notice another bug, I was not triggering the red circle any more when cheating a checkpoint as I check my checkpoints! Red circle goes away after I got car back on the track route. I found out my last checkpoint was causing the problem. Deleted last checkpoint and red circle would work normal again.

After studying my visualizer pic, I notice last checkpoint was in the last AI sector. I move checkpoint to different AI sector and problem solved. :)

Like to thank End for the yellow arrow object.  :D  I think the yellow arrows will help out a lot on keeping the guys going the right way.  :D

I hope to have an update to the Fig8 Pack sometime Friday. Give you guys a chance test the Nevada Depot Fig8 track and find where I put them 4 gas bottle rockets before Saturday Night Mods night get here.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 04:34:00 PM by Purple44 »

Purple44

Here video of the Nevada Depot Fig8 track. Give you an idea how the track goes. I did have a bug recording video last night. When I had 23 AI, the 2 trains ran fast. I cut AI down to 7 and then the trains run at normal speed. Today with a fresh boot of computer, trains ran normal speed with 23 AI. Guess computer been running to long last night, along with Bagedit.

Trains and railroad tracks, not a good mix for AI. I think AI like use stiff suspension, so can have trouble getting over railroad tracks. And AI don't believe in braking for trains!!  :P

I did use the AI race line to steer the AI to use the ramps to help get over the tracks and jump the trains.

Also getting ready to update Figure 8 Track Pack - P44 mod tonight with the addition of the Nevada Depot Fig8 track and End's Warehouse Derby from the The Very TrackPack.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 04:07:07 AM by Purple44 »

Purple44

Got do some testing online with Royce, mutley, Trabb and swan_electro. Nevada Depot Fig8 work fine online, except don't think the trains were in sync with all players, Got reports of players getting hit with invisible train.  :o

Move on to trying out the other tracks. After crashing my game for 4th time, I called it quits. Not sure if it was the mod or my computer needed rebooting or both. 3 the crashes were in middle of a race, one was on a track change in the lobby.

Purple44

Going try this week and see if I can find out why some the tracks in the fig 8 mod are so unstable, crashing the game.

I did not get to all the fig 8 track ideas that got posted, will try get some more done next year. Next project, need to get the Cops and Robbers mod fixed for the New Years Days 2018 event.

But do have a new idea for the Nevada Depot track:

I'm thinking of removing most objects, but keep the trains and tracks. The suicide warehouse and warehouse at far end of track. Put some ramps down to jump the tracks when crossing, just need worry about getting hit by a train.