Author Topic: WIP download page for the Figure 8 track pack  (Read 6586 times)

Zebulon55

So I decide I need a Hurtful five (with ramps) fix , but Wreckfest says no, and crashes to desktop with "out of poolmemory" fatal error.   ???
Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

The Very End

Strange.. are the ramp added as xref? If so, tried to merge them in scene?

Zebulon55

So purple suggested loading The Very Trackpack after the fig 8 mod, which meant some tedious clicking of the move up arrow next to the fig8 mod.  :P
Why is there no down arrow? Why is mod order adjustment a clickfest? but I digress.....  ::)

Any way, the Hurtful Five track loaded Hooray!  8)

But, there were no ramps! Oh no!  :'(

Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

Purple44

So purple suggested loading The Very Trackpack after the fig 8 mod, which meant some tedious clicking of the move up arrow next to the fig8 mod.  :P
Why is there no down arrow? Why is mod order adjustment a clickfest? but I digress.....  ::)

Any way, the Hurtful Five track loaded Hooray!  8)

But, there were no ramps! Oh no!  :'(

Fig8 mod need updating, but new 3Jumps track crashing has put update on hold.

Seem loading the VeryTrack after Fig8 mod overwrites the Fig8 version of Hurtful Five track that has the ramps.  Sorry Zeb.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Purple44

Repost so I don't forget this track design:

This is a track from FO2 that is unique in that you follow the track in both directions before completing a lap which creates an additional Suicide track type of game play. Maybe if a Track Modder likes the idea they could recreate it for the game.

Thanks for any interest.

Im usually an urban/canal type, but also hope we'll have again some suicidal tracks, like "8" circuits , for devastating crashes

I Loved that track with an 8 shape and different levels/slopes

I thought of a double figure 8 for Purple44's f8 Trackpack. The cars race the f8 track and reverse course for another round before completing a lap.

YouTube: FlatOut 2 CityCentral Crazy8

As soon as Bugbear give us a Wreckfest track with stairs!!  :D

Ya I need keep this track in mind Heddly, maybe I can found a track where this fig8 design would work.  :)

Or hint, hint maybe MarcellusW might do something.  ;)

Heddly

I was thinking maybe Speedway 2 Outer would work. I like the route because no matter where you are on the track, other cars could be coming in the opposite direction.  :)

Thanks Purple  8)

Purple44

Fig8 mod updated again. All tracks load with the March Build now, some tracks may crash first race, try again.

Working on a new track,  Double fig8, hope have it done in time to update mod in time for this Saturday Night Mods night March 10. Go here for details >> http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,10065.0.html

Purple44

Also, be warned that tracks that have a 2 way round about ( Mud Fig8, Nevada Depot Fig8 and Derby8 Ramp Jump ) will now trigger a red circle if go opposite side of AI.

Bugbear decide to get rid of the loop checkpoint that let a player cross checkpoint in either direction. To fix this, I will have to someday make alt routes for these  2 way round abouts.  :(

You can still take either route around the round abouts, if trigger red circle, keep going. Red circle will disappear and lap will still count.

Purple44

I almost gave up doing 2 way round about because alt checkpoint kept crashing the game.

Then I remember trick to get some checkpoints to work in my Suicide mod, got alt route checkpoint to work and not crash the game.  :D  Don't have time give more details and pics right now. Got more checkpoints to place so I can get new track done for tonight Saturday Nights Mod Night. Got the AI running around the track and now no red circles. :)

Who needs sleep.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 03:25:25 PM by Purple44 »

Purple44

Going have scrap 2 way round about for now. Can't get alt route checkpoint working all the time. Sometimes alt checkpoint won't trigger when going through and resetting car don't fix it and can't get next lap to count even if go main route.

Seem I'm stuck on alt route when this happens, in-game tool for checkpoints, show Alt checkpoint green and I can't trigger it to blue so I can't move on to next checkpoint.   :(

Bugbear, any chance I can get loop checkpoint back? Was much easier to use and I don't need AI to use both routes online. Just human players and not get the red circle! PLEASE!

Purple44

Got a new idea for a fig 8 track using Tarmac 3, something like this:

Will use this track I did for Gokart Raceway Plus and tweak it: