Author Topic: WIP download page for the Figure 8 track pack  (Read 9258 times)

Purple44

I finally got 3 Jump Ramps Fig8 stable again with current Build of Wreckfest, after having to put track on hold back in Feb. :)

Had to get new ghost arrow sign from End, BIG thanks End. Found out my prop_forest5_startlights1.scne file was crashing the track. So had to go steal updated file from End's Very TrackPack. And the object giving me the most trouble was the prop_turnblock.scne object you see on the outside of the round abouts in pic above. For some reason the Stuntfest turnblock like crashing my new fig8 track. Sometime track loads, sometimes it don't with the turnblock object. What real strange, exact same object work fine in Fig8 Derby Ramp Jump track.

So I remove the Stuntfest turnblock object and used some metal containers to mark the outside of the round abouts:

The AI were coming up short on the second jump, not clearing the concrete wall and ended up just sitting there banging car against the wall. I got idea to use the reset wall End made me for the A to B track and place reset walls in front of concrete wall get AI to reset and get pass the concrete wall.  :D

Here the video:

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Purple44

Zeb suggested I use the flying banner from End's Red Pike Race 2017 to make 3 Jump Ramps Fig8 track a little more dangerous. These flying signs move up and down. Also don't hit the propellers or your car going to go flying across the track map!!

Can you make the jump between the 2 signs moving up and down?

You may land your car on top of sign and get struck there untill another car come along and knocks you off.

Purple44

I want get one more new Fig8 track done before this Saturday's Saturday Mods Night. Here a couple of pics of new track:

I got to thinking, Speedway 2 loop had all that empty space in the infield, be a good spot for a fig8 crossing. Track design has 2.  :D

Now fun part, doing aisectors and checkpoints. Should be a little easier, going use the existing aisectors, then add the new sectors to the middle. So half the work on this new track done already.

Purple44

I posting this as a riminder to do this track some day:

That what I wanted to know, what kind track you were looking for Daystar.  So I took Sandpit 1 for spin and here a track I be willing work on when I get done with the 2 Sandpit suicide tracks and make it a 3 track pack. I can do a reverse version of this track.

Click pic to get full size.

I will have to move some barriers and block some track, but track should not be to tough do except for doing the AI sectors by hand.  :P  Here link to a video how the track goes:

It might be awhile before I can get all this done, maybe by Thanksgiving.

I did take a look at new Sandpit 1 track tonight Daystar and I see I still can make a track like the one in pic above.  :) Will have get rid of some auto reset areas thou. And it going be a couple months before I can get back to doing fig 8 tracks. Got to update GoKart Raceway Plus and Cops and Robbers mods first.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 10:57:06 AM by Purple44 »