Author Topic: More like Eve of Destruction  (Read 308 times)

More Race/Derby types and more Atmosphere
As you might be able to deduce I am a fan of the "Test Drive" game "Eve of Destruction" with its open world campaign and varied race types. That being said I played just as much Flat Out (if not more)  but, I can't help but notice this game is taking an approach closer to "E.o.D". With that, I would like to see that same approach to car customization and track atmosphere. This game often feels like a tech demo without any soul. I respectfully understand how far the game has come and only wish to steer future updates towards a more coherent final product. To be more specific about track atmosphere, I'm referring to things such as P.A. announcers, a reactive crowd, or night races with fully lit tracks. All of this is obviously fluff compared to the base physics and driving mechanics that this game focuses on currently (with some light part swapping and wearing)

Thanks for reading,
     D-sizzle

Rowdy Burns

I agree there needs to be more atmosphere. Bugbear should study this video link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQwrRMfGq8M (I also posted in worth a watch videos) from an event I attended at Hednesfield Raceway UK last Sunday... Great atmosphere on the day! Flood lit night races with sparks flying and the flames from exhausts etc would be awesome!!

Rowdy Burns

Hednesfield Raceway UK
Hednesford Hills Raceway!

FalconXY

I totally agree with that and I hope that Bugbear will implement those features.
Intel i7-3770, 8GB RAM, ATI R9 390X 8GB, Win7 64bit, G27 wheel

Heddly

As you might be able to deduce I am a fan of the "Test Drive" game "Eve of Destruction" with its open world campaign and varied race types. That being said I played just as much Flat Out (if not more)  but, I can't help but notice this game is taking an approach closer to "E.o.D". With that, I would like to see that same approach to car customization and track atmosphere. This game often feels like a tech demo without any soul. I respectfully understand how far the game has come and only wish to steer future updates towards a more coherent final product. To be more specific about track atmosphere, I'm referring to things such as P.A. announcers, a reactive crowd, or night races with fully lit tracks. All of this is obviously fluff compared to the base physics and driving mechanics that this game focuses on currently (with some light part swapping and wearing)
I watched a few Youtube videos and wish there had been a PC version of the game. The School buses, Trailer races and Soccer ball are a real plus.

Thanks for reading,
     D-sizzle