Author Topic: Vehicle type selection for AI  (Read 845 times)

CJT_999

It would be useful to have settings to force the AI to use one vehicle type or vehicle. Just make it an option in the race settings menu -> Force Vehicle and/or Type -> Asian, american, european -> select vehicle -> all, car 1, car 2 etc.

Janne Suur-Näkki

This is actually already possible but you (or someone else) would need to create a mod that adds new AI sets. It's easy, though.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

I was creating a mod that did this, but ran into a problem with the max amount of AI sets. (different configurations of vehicles and vehicle classes)  I can't get everything without hitting the limit.

tolliverj

Well what do you now I am making a mod that let's you force the ai into the same vehicle with random classes. You can do it during online if you add ai why not offline? This really should be for offline as well.

sam223

Ai sets already work offline. Just duplicate data/property/career/ai_sets/ai_set_lawnmower.aist and under 'refs' add whichever .aicr's you want to be in that set
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

tolliverj

I already now how to do it but you by default can't make the ai choose the same car during offline just A B and C casses

sam223

Oh you mean there is no 'all 1 make' option in game yet? If thats what you want to do it'd be quicker to make a mod containing the default.cavs (data/vehicle/chassis name here/career/default.cavs) from each vehicles chassis. And just check the 'restrict AI to same vehicle' option for each.

Or add an additional .cavs with the option checked,but that would clutter up the market more.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Finsku

Up

Is there already any mod which sets same cars for AIs? This should be in Wreckfest but looks like we will not get it.
I've tried to mod but too hard for me after more than couple tries.