Author Topic: Fair Style Derby Tracks?  (Read 387 times)

blazngun

I've searched the forums but have been unable to find anything better than the lawnmower derby track. If no one has ever bothered to make something similar, would it be possible to use the stuntfest editor to add barriers to the lawnmower track to make it a proper sized derby track? Ideally the surface would need to have much less grip.  Trying to figure out blender is proving harder than anticipated. I wrongly thought it would be as easy as SolidWorks or Inventor..... :-[
Simxperience Accuforce Pro Wheel    Fanatec CSP v2's
Custom Ebay  hydraulic handbrake with Bodnar BU0836-LC
Sabertooth 990fx w/ 8350    Thermaltake 750w PSU    
16GB Corsair Vengeance       GTX-760 Ti 4GB

sam223

You can maybe use solid works (cant confirm with tracks) but im pretty sure you can export to .stl from solid works. Blender you can import that format and finish it off then export again to game format
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Purple44

Hi, can't help ya with making custom tracks with Blender. Will have talk with others here in the forum.

About the Lawnmower derby pit, be warned where the straw bales outer wall is, it actually an invisible barrier wall with the straw bales place in the same spot. Found this out when I added some exploding straw bales to the Lawnmower derby pit for the Cops and Robbers mod. So you can't make this pit bigger or smaller. The invisible wall will still be there.

I been able to use the Stuntfest 3D editor to add and move objects on the stock tracks, but there tricks to be done to get Wreckfest tracks to load in Stuntfest 3D editor. And some tracks the objects don't line up with track surface when loaded into Stuntfest. :(   Here link to my Stuntfest 3D editor thread:

Using Stuntfest editor as a Wreckfest 3D object editor. :)
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

blazngun

Thanks Purple for the information. I've been reading through your threads and wasnt sure if using stuntfest editor might make my life much easier.
Simxperience Accuforce Pro Wheel    Fanatec CSP v2's
Custom Ebay  hydraulic handbrake with Bodnar BU0836-LC
Sabertooth 990fx w/ 8350    Thermaltake 750w PSU    
16GB Corsair Vengeance       GTX-760 Ti 4GB