Author Topic: Flatout 4 trailer (by Kylotonn)  (Read 1516 times)

TheEngiGuy

Was unable to find any mention of a PC version with Google. If watch video, there a Xbox One and PS4 icons, no PC icon.

German simracing blog games.reveur got in touch with Bigben and they confirmed no PC version: http://games.reveur.de/de/news/4566/

Then why is Flatout 4 on Steamdb?  ???

No PC version is really awkward.

Daystar

Was unable to find any mention of a PC version with Google. If watch video, there a Xbox One and PS4 icons, no PC icon.

German simracing blog games.reveur got in touch with Bigben and they confirmed no PC version: http://games.reveur.de/de/news/4566/

Then why is Flatout 4 on Steamdb?  ???

No PC version is really awkward.

I guess to help cut down on Piracy... which I honestly think this game would not be worth pirating. just my 2 cents.

TPEHAK

I see nothing in this trailer I should be excited about.
LAPTOP GIGABYTE P35X V3 || INTEL CORE i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHZ ||NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980M  8GB GDDR5|| 16GB RAM || 103GB SSD || 1TB HDD || WINDOWS 10 HOME

Adenru

Looks like  a mod for UC.

Devin

Well, what do you guys notice in this trailer?

Hint:
There's no vehicle damage during the entire thing! ;)

Purple44

You would think there at least be a damage skin, like what was used in Flatout 1 and 2.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

TheEngiGuy

The fact that they're using the exact same music track in every trailer irritates me.

Zeron

I don't know what they are thinking, why wouldn't they include the most important aspect of Flatout - the car damage?

I think they should completely abandon the game if they have zero intentions of adding damage models, it's 2017 and the game is supposed to be Flatout, not Gran Turismo 1.

Orbotnive T

Looks as if they still don't get it huh. But all these years later too?

Devin

I don't know what they are thinking, why wouldn't they include the most important aspect of Flatout - the car damage?

I think they should completely abandon the game if they have zero intentions of adding damage models, it's 2017 and the game is supposed to be Flatout, not Gran Turismo 1.
The second most important aspect - physics - also seems to be... I don't want to call it horrible, it is still better than FlatOut 3. But you get it, it's just not up to FlatOut standards at all. Once again, a franchise turned into a money grab instead of producing games that are actually fun.

Purple44

The second most important aspect - physics - also seems to be... I don't want to call it horrible, it is still better than FlatOut 3. But you get it, it's just not up to FlatOut standards at all. Once again, a franchise turned into a money grab instead of producing games that are actually fun.

Do keep in mind that Team6 and Kylotonn Games don't have Bugbear old ROMU game engine to do the heavy lifting.   :P
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Needles Kane

I think trailer is sped up at many places, makes physics look strange. I would also bet damage is not final version.

I could actually buy it, if it turns to be playable. It doesn't look as promising as Wreckfest, but half decent atleast. I like look of cars and environments, except arenas, those looks awful. I don't care if it is true Flatout or not. If it is fun to play, then it doesn't matter if it's Flatout, Burnout, or Motorstorm style game.

Hi, guys! Few weeks ago I found one page about Racing games, which I would like to share: http://www.gamespedition.com/pc-games/sports-games/racing-games I think in this page are a lot of information of this type of games. Let me know are this page was useful for you too. Thanks, Ben!

Zeron

I think trailer is sped up at many places, makes physics look strange. I would also bet damage is not final version.

I could actually buy it, if it turns to be playable. It doesn't look as promising as Wreckfest, but half decent atleast. I like look of cars and environments, except arenas, those looks awful. I don't care if it is true Flatout or not. If it is fun to play, then it doesn't matter if it's Flatout, Burnout, or Motorstorm style game.

Many thought the same about Flatout 3's trailer and the final product was just as bad (if not worse). Let's remember that Flatout 4 will release in March, that's next month, I highly doubt they would simply make a trailer with an old build, they simply won't have enough time.

Needles Kane

Many thought the same about Flatout 3's trailer and the final product was just as bad (if not worse). Let's remember that Flatout 4 will release in March, that's next month, I highly doubt they would simply make a trailer with an old build, they simply won't have enough time.
https://youtu.be/8y-r2Q8PBX8

Probably they fooled by that "by the publisher of original FO". That trailer is horrible.

I didn't take release date in to account. We can hope it just because at current build damage is broken and publisher sressed devs to get trailer out. There are some damaged cars seen, though none actually gets damaged by any crashes seen in trailer. These could be at older build, or one who made trailer swapped car models and pretend it is damaged.

I watch if final product is any good, before I make decission to buy it, and if it is not then I wait when it is sale. I actually played through most of Pathos and Frustration, which I accuired from Steam FO pack. Wasn't that bad. Patched game with slowest game speed and right choise of car is playable. Nothing more but playable.