Author Topic: Is my system running at normal temp levels?  (Read 273 times)

Daystar

Hi guys have a quick question. I am not a pc professional when it comes to pc components regarding normal operating levels (heat)
but does my system look normal for the heat readings?

Thanks for your time.

DD-Indeed

CPU runs a bit hot, if that's the idle. My idle temps on CPU runs at 32-36 C. I think the max for CPU's are around 95 C, so make sure it stays under that on heavy load. My max temps on max load is 63 C for comparison.

Daystar

CPU runs a bit hot, if that's the idle. My idle temps on CPU runs at 32-36 C. I think the max for CPU's are around 95 C, so make sure it stays under that on heavy load. My max temps on max load is 63 C for comparison.

Thanks for the feedback. so just tested with Wreckfest loaded with a  24 car grid, and my cpu heat maxed out at 54 C. looks like I am safe.  :)

DD-Indeed

Thanks for the feedback. so just tested with Wreckfest loaded with a  24 car grid, and my cpu heat maxed out at 54 C. looks like I am safe.  :)

Oh yes, nothing to worry about. But remember, you need to test the temps by playing for some time, the temps always tend to climb up slowly into the point, where the CPU cooler either wins the battle or loses. Just briefly starting games is not enough, you need to stress the CPU for like 15 mins at least.  8)

Purple44

Do video cards run that cool these days, 29 C? I take it that not with Wreckfest running.

The standard temp for video cards is 70 some C. If getting into the high 80s C, could be a sign of a problem.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

DD-Indeed

Do video cards run that cool these days, 29 C? I take it that not with Wreckfest running.

The standard temp for video cards is 70 some C. If getting into the high 80s C, could be a sign of a problem.

Yes, in idle. In gaming, they usually ran anything between 60-85 C (air-cooled GPU's), some even dare to let them go beyond 90 C.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 02:34:13 PM by DD-Indeed »

Daystar

Hi again guys.. sorry to bother you again. just one more question please!

Is my cpu fan running at a normal speed? and also this is at idle state my pc. just fired it up.. this tempature a bit to high for idle state?

Thank you and have a good day!