Author Topic: Fuel spill and fire  (Read 2029 times)

Rowdy Burns

I think the fire and sparks in the pre-alpha trailer looks rubbish...as does all the flying car parts!!

I`m hoping for more realistic sparks rather than over the top like in that trailer. The kind with some physics behind them like where you get a few heavier ones in a shower that bounce more slower on hitting a surface. It would be nice if they came from lower control arms / exhaust / undercarriage etc from a quick impact or dragging on the ground and the body panels scraping walls or ground like if the car is sliding on its side or roof...just doesn`t have to be OTT to look good!

I`d rather there be better looking smoke than fire in the game!  :)

sam223

I think the fire and sparks in the pre-alpha trailer looks rubbish...as does all the flying car parts!!

I`m hoping for more realistic sparks rather than over the top like in that trailer. The kind with some physics behind them like where you get a few heavier ones in a shower that bounce more slower on hitting a surface. It would be nice if they came from lower control arms / exhaust / undercarriage etc from a quick impact or dragging on the ground and the body panels scraping walls or ground like if the car is sliding on its side or roof...just doesn`t have to be OTT to look good!

I`d rather there be better looking smoke than fire in the game!  :)

+1 less OTT is more visually appealing

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nnbWP82taM

entertaining once but not constantly
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 05:48:02 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

RickyB

Of course no one wants cartoonish parody stuff. Taking an idea and blowing it out of proportion so that one can say "look, it's a bad idea" isn't really fair.
"OTT" is kind of a vague term. What one might see as OTT, others may think that's just right and adequate or even awesome. I'd be happy with stuff as shown in the trailer plus some sparks from undercarriage and other metal parts grinding the asphalt and such.

BugBear didn't put those scenes into the trailer without a reason. It got people excited for the game. Remove all those spectacular elements and you end up with a run-of-the-mill racing game (besides the damage model), that won't have much to do with the advertised experience anymore. I could understand lots of people getting disappointed. We'll have to wait and see.

Embrace the fire god ;D

OMG, it's really cool! 8)

audi4141

Sorry Guy's been offline for a while because of health issues.
I like the sparks idea to and regarding the fire's, for me personaly.it doesn't have to be OTT,but for example if the engine is red on your screen,it means its heavily damaged,same goes for the fuel tank,thus in real life,you get ruptured fuel/oil lines,cracked fuel tank,and this results in fire.and the game is kinda crazy in a way so why not.:-) this game is al about fun and spectical(sorry for my english)and it's a high pased game.For me it would be a welcome addition to a great game.
nzxt s340 elite case with gigabyte ultra gaming MB,i5 6600k OC at 4.4Ghz.
Gigabyte xtreme gaming gtx1080.

thrustmaster t500 rs with ricmotec mod and th8a shifter on the wheelstand pro